First Time Coco Grow Flushing Question.

• Thread starter prospero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
prospero

prospero

Hi folks. This is my 1st coco, but my 3rd indoor grow. My question is "Should the ph in my runoff lower as I flush with lower ph water. I am setting ph to 5.7 -5.8 but getting runoff 6.1 - 6.2 even as high as 6.3. I tired flushing 1 plant and 40 litres only moved it from 6.2 to 6.1. I have noticed some yellow spots on lower leaves and am thinking it could be manganese deficiency as its only available around 5.6 - 5.7. I am growing 6 plants in 4 × 4 x 6 ft tent running 600 watt dual spectrum lamp. I am using general hydroponics trio + Calmag.
First time coco grow flushing question
Help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

B

brimck325

take a pic without the hps. are you using tap or ro water? the mag is available at 5.8-6.1. stop looking at charts….if it was true all coco grows would be deficient.

M

mulehunter

Hi folks. This is my 1st coco, but my 3rd indoor grow. My question is "Should the ph in my runoff lower as I flush with lower ph water. I am setting ph to 5.7 -5.8 but getting runoff 6.1 - 6.2 even as high as 6.3. I tired flushing 1 plant and 40 litres only moved it from 6.2 to 6.1. I have noticed some yellow spots on lower leaves and am thinking it could be manganese deficiency as its only available around 5.6 - 5.7. I am growing 6 plants in 4 × 4 x 6 ft tent running 600 watt dual spectrum lamp. I am using general hydroponics trio + Calmag. View attachment 764058 Help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi folks. This is my 1st coco, but my 3rd indoor grow. My question is "Should the ph in my runoff lower as I flush with lower ph water. I am setting ph to 5.7 -5.8 but getting runoff 6.1 - 6.2 even as high as 6.3. I tired flushing 1 plant and 40 litres only moved it from 6.2 to 6.1. I have noticed some yellow spots on lower leaves and am thinking it could be manganese deficiency as its only available around 5.6 - 5.7. I am growing 6 plants in 4 × 4 x 6 ft tent running 600 watt dual spectrum lamp. I am using general hydroponics trio + Calmag. View attachment 764058 Help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Run ro water 250ppms trio grow 150ppms of calmag to total 400 ppms ph to,5.8, with 10 to 15 % run off
Don't worrie about your ph run off .
Do this every other day until they get bigger then everyday ,I switch off and on everyday ,then every other day ,so your roots can breath .

Last edited:
prospero

prospero

Alls good now. Dont bother readibg run off any more. Flushed well and set nutes to ph 5.8 and they are looking good and at last producing a great smell :-) Couldnt as yet provide natural light pic. But here is how they are progressing. Another week and I will switch 12 - 12.

Tmp cam 747480880
M

mulehunter

Alls good now. Dont bother readibg run off any more. Flushed well and set nutes to ph 5.8 and they are looking good and at last producing a great smell :) Couldnt as yet provide natural light pic. But here is how they are progressing. Another week and I will switch 12 - 12.
Right on bro good to hear!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Somebody told me to read runoff before. I was chasing my tail trying to correct issues. Imo reading runoff is pointless. Finally got things turned around and growing like they should. I run my ph @ 5.9-6.1
when you say you were reading run off, will you define reading, as it what were you reading? PH? PPM? DO?...
See imo your post has fact and not so factual information. If you would like I will elaborate, after you let me know what you meant in your post..
I think I agree with what your trying to say, but you just left it open for a multilateral thesis.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I dont remember what the issue was that i was having but it was mentioned that my ph coming out should be close to what was going in. It never was for whatever reason so I would adjust ph going in to try and compensate. Then someone else said to quit worrying about. Make sure what was going in was at the target ph and to make sure i watered enough to get runoff. I havent checked runoff since.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I dont remember what the issue was that i was having but it was mentioned that my ph coming out should be close to what was going in. It never was for whatever reason so I would adjust ph going in to try and compensate. Then someone else said to quit worrying about. Make sure what was going in was at the target ph and to make sure i watered enough to get runoff. I havent checked runoff since.
And I agree 100% with that!
But checking ppm in run off every once in awhile, untill you have an automated system, and have used it thru a few grows, checking run off ppm can tell you if your coco is drying out any in the middle of the root ball, as the ppm will rise when that happens.
So if you are adding 1.6 ec, and couple weeks down the road, you have a plant showing some claw, or other symptoms, then a quick check of ppm run off can give you an idea of weather you need to up the frequency of watering..
As for Ph, I wouldnt waste the time even tho you will notice salt build up will cause higher ppm and a lower ph in the rhizophere.

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

But checking ppm in run off every once in awhile, untill you have an automated system, and have used it thru a few grows, checking run off ppm can tell you if your coco is drying out any in the middle of the root ball, as the ppm will rise when that happens.
So if you are adding 1.6 ec, and couple weeks down the road, you have a plant showing some claw, or other symptoms, then a quick check of ppm run off can give you an idea of weather you need to up the frequency of watering..
As for Ph, I wouldnt waste the time even tho you will notice salt build up will cause higher ppm and a lower ph in the rhizophere.
Im about ready for an automated system. Hand waterering everyday sometimes twice a day is getting real old real quick

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks for posting this as it cleared up a few things for me. Especially the part about ppm rise and watering. I just checked my run off this morning and I'm within 100 ppm (little bit higher out than in). As for ph, I checked that too just to see what it said. My ph going in is about 6.3 (ph perfect nutes). Ph coming out was 4.7. My plants are not perfect, but they are humming right along without any major issues. Only have 2 weeks left. I'm not going to stress over erroneous ph readings.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks for posting this as it cleared up a few things for me. Especially the part about ppm rise and watering. I just checked my run off this morning and I'm within 100 ppm (little bit higher out than in). As for ph, I checked that too just to see what it said. My ph going in is about 6.3 (ph perfect nutes). Ph coming out was 4.7. My plants are not perfect, but they are humming right along without any major issues. Only have 2 weeks left. I'm not going to stress over erroneous ph readings.
2 weeks left to harvest?

Enforcer

Enforcer

1DD67ACD EA9D 441B A6AD 2E40B61CD2E5
A2A32DA3 E2F1 45B6 BE25 56C9744E045F
Top Bottom