Instead Of The Same Old Timer And Temp Sensors

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Seems pretty nice and handy if you're doing your own build or even modding purchased current tech.
Anyone try these or hear anything about them?
I'm considering adding these to my lights, exhaust fan, dehumidifier and pump, what ya think?
Sonoff Smart WIFI Switch Wireless Remote Control Timer ABS Module Universal Home Intelligent Center Socket Works With Alexa DIY Your Smart Home via iphone Android APP 2 Packs
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPGVW2L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TB0mAbEBV2BR1

brrraad

brrraad

Seems pretty nice and handy if you're doing your own build or even modding purchased current tech.
Anyone try these or hear anything about them?
I'm considering adding these to my lights, exhaust fan, dehumidifier and pump, what ya think?
Sonoff Smart WIFI Switch Wireless Remote Control Timer ABS Module Universal Home Intelligent Center Socket Works With Alexa DIY Your Smart Home via iphone Android APP 2 Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPGVW2L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_TB0mAbEBV2BR1
considering the time it would save minus the time of install, not sure if its worth it for how often these things need to be adjusted. Keep it simple. Just my two cents

S

Shawnery

Think of all the failure points there are in a grow timing system. Imagine how many fewer there could be without them?

Leew421

Leew421

Honestly I wouldn't put those on my setup. Go with a solid controller to do the work for you instead. Look at Iponic624 or 614

S

Shawnery

I'm really confused that you guys don't see the added benefit especially cost-wise?

Enforcer

Enforcer

It's cool and all. I can see the benefit and convenience aspect of them. However, I agree with brrraad. The amount of times I need to adjust my lights is only once a grow. And a decent controller for humidity and temps is set and forget. They are aimed at techies who need the latest gadget. Cool, but less expensive options that works just as well are already available.

Last edited:
M

MarianoG69

Found this with different plugs and switches I am thinking of buying a wifi plug for the ac, dehumidifier, lights and fans and all will have automatic smart control connected to their smart hygrometer thermometer. Added benefit is I can automate the rest of the house cheap and even install security cameras. Everything is evolving. Don't be stuck in the old ways. Plus this is a lot cheaper then the same automation devices aimed at cannabis since they know they can charge more.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Is the benefit worth losing a crop? The more complicated you make something the more likely something goes wrong. Stick to tried and true. Let someone else lose crops learning the systems weak points

Top Bottom