Whats The Best Water To Use

• Thread starter mr x
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr x

was wondering instead of tap water if its safe to use fresh spring water thats crystal clear? another question is whats wrong with my plant my first time trying to grow a plant

Whats the best water to use
J

JarrettRiggs

I use spring water just make sure it's low ppm and ph'd properly.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Tap water is 'generally' ok. My old place had excellent tap water and i didnt have to do anything to it. This place? Not so much.. I'm at about 500ppm and high levels of chlorides, chloramine in my case. I'm now using RO and am pretty new it and just getting a feel for it. Found out quickly that your pH can drop quite a bit with nutrients (too low). With a bit of searching on the forum I found some advice to use a little bit of tap water to stablize and raise the pH of the RO water a bit. Works like a charm and my plants seem to like it so far.

My advice would be to get a water analysis done on your tap water and see whats actually in it and then take it from there.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Most municipalities put chlorine and chloride in the tap automatically. No biggie. Bubble to rid of chlorine or use citric acid (Google it, I'm not 100% on the dosage/g).

My plants grow strong as well as the other ppl who don' use a ro system.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use RO water. I want consistently clean water and my tap water composition can change with the seasons. And my low ppm city water has Chloramine in it that will not “off gas” out.

Can you use tap water? Yes, depending on your location and what is present in the water.

Is RO water better? Absolutely, in almost every situation.

IMO, RO or demineralized water is the “best” you can use. And since I didn’t want to buy bottled water at the store for my plants, I spent about $200 total and set up an RO system. Now I never worry about the water.

169401EE 4A35 4256 A8C0 10D2C0346697
M

mr x

i was gonna start using spring water the ph is 7 minersalts is 39ppm fluroide ion 0ppm ozinated is should i switch just back to tap water

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
was wondering instead of tap water if its safe to use fresh spring water thats crystal clear? another question is whats wrong with my plant my first time trying to grow a plant
Any water works..you have to ph it.. Let it sit for 24 hours to distill

Top Bottom