Quantum Light Flower Tent Build

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Day 27 since I started germinating.still tweaking my temp in, and waiting for my botanicare products. All I have done is give root hormones and add lots of micro life to the soil. Fish sh!t and microbe life’s line. What ya think so far? Still working to understand these lights. At 30inches currently, plan on starting to lower them once I can get the nutrients to them. Up until the majority get transplanted outside.

7B948C9D 06D9 4DBE BFA2 005F11F66B07

53CEE4D7 EED9 4AFF 9242 72941A4ED8C0
AE99AA6B CE6E 461D A082 330B9980A902
36767C6F 2F76 4D51 97FB A85CC3D10CD3

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I'm reading em lol your stuff looks good man,you seem like you know what your doing and your enjoying it,sometimes alot of us don't always have alot to say cuz in the end they are plants that most of us see day in and day out,ya dig? Lol

I dig bro. Been growing for 20 years and this is the first time I have put it out there. Only have a few friends that have stuck with it so i enjoy hearing what people have to say. My first quantum board led grow, so I wanted to document the growth so people could see how they do.

K

kansabis

I dig bro. Been growing for 20 years and this is the first time I have put it out there. Only have a few friends that have stuck with it so i enjoy hearing what people have to say. My first quantum board led grow, so I wanted to document the growth so people could see how they do.
I've been using a 65watt 4000k quantum board for veg and I just hooked up 2 qb288 in 2700k at 70watts each that I'm gunna run for flower,I was previously using 2 vero29 cobs at around 50w each,I bought a third to use then ended up ripping out the wires on the molex connecter and breaking some of the plastic,oh well minor setback,stuff happens. I love the fact of no fans for cooling with led and overall less worry of temps,not to mention they are plenty bright and penetration is spread out making it more effective and reaching lower growth with less power.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I've been using a 65watt 4000k quantum board for veg and I just hooked up 2 qb288 in 2700k at 70watts each that I'm gunna run for flower,I was previously using 2 vero29 cobs at around 50w each,I bought a third to use then ended up ripping out the wires on the molex connecter and breaking some of the plastic,oh well minor setback,stuff happens. I love the fact of no fans for cooling with led and overall less worry of temps,not to mention they are plenty bright and penetration is spread out making it more effective and reaching lower growth with less power.

I’m reading your posts. I’ve been waiting for hlg to get their 2700k qb back in stock. Then I want to to build something similar to what you have for my flower tent. But I only need to light a 3x3 space. I like your work. Tidy and clean.

K

kansabis

I’m waiting for their 2700k to come back ij

I’m reading your posts. I’ve been waiting for hlg to get their 2700k qb back in stock. Then I want to to build something similar to what you have for my flower tent. But I only need to light a 3x3 space. I like your work. Tidy and clean.
My 65w which I think your using now?? I use for veg in a 2x2ft tent and the 2x 2700k is in a 20in x 36in tent which is only 1 square foot bigger,it is on a dimmer though in case I need to throw clones.or whatever in there to veg for a short time. Versatility helps with limited space and resources.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

My 65w which I think your using now?? I use for veg in a 2x2ft tent and the 2x 2700k is in a 20in x 36in tent which is only 1 square foot bigger,it is on a dimmer though in case I need to throw clones.or whatever in there to veg for a short time. Versatility helps with limited space and resources.

Makes me feel like I over built lol. I’m running around 500w in each tent right now. Seeing incredible growth. Once I get my full nutrient package going and then next transplant and they will blow up! Can’t wait to see how they do outside. Honestly I need a quicker flowering strain in the future. Using this method and a auto flower I could harvest mid summer and avoid the mold and crazy seasonal change weather the north east gets

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Those 288s are awesome I have one not in use currently. I think you may have t under powered significantly no?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Over build and under power!

K

kansabis

Those 288s are awesome I have one not in use currently. I think you may have t under powered significantly no?
A tad bit,I got em at 1400ma and they handle 3000ma max I think,I have 2 more boards but only 2 heatsinks,I think if I run all 4 at 1050ma they will completely cover the tents footprint and if I can match the plants canopy should equal a top notch grow.

MissBotany

MissBotany

I think the flower “footprint” covers 2sq ft. vs veg one board can cover 4sq ft. I was planning on 4 - 5 2700k boards to cover 9sq ft, I have it written down somewhere. Dimmable is a good idea. I didn’t think about the benefits versatility. The most difficult part for me will probably be building the frame, lol. Luckily aluminum channel is pretty easy to find and work with. I’ll start buying everything now and get it put together soon. I’m not in a rush so I can take my time.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I think the flower “footprint” covers 2sq ft. vs veg one board can cover 4sq ft. I was planning on 4 - 5 2700k boards to cover 9sq ft, I have it written down somewhere. Dimmable is a good idea. I didn’t think about the benefits versatility. The most difficult part for me will probably be building the frame, lol. Luckily aluminum channel is pretty easy to find and work with. I’ll start buying everything now and get it put together soon. I’m not in a rush so I can take my time.
It’s really super easy. Just lay everything out as you build it.

K

kansabis

They have a new qb288 v2 in 3000k but I don't know what all the difference is other than it uses different diode strips.

MissBotany

MissBotany

They have a new qb288 v2 in 3000k but I don't know what all the difference is other than it uses different diode strips.
Hmmm I could live with 3000k. I’ll check to see if it’s in stock. Their inventory is always out of stock :crying2:

K

kansabis

Hmmm I could live with 3000k. I’ll check to see if it’s in stock. Their inventory is always out of stock :crying2:
I think it is,they have the original qb288s in stock just not in 2700k,the v2 come as singles though not doubles and they cost 75 each rather than 65(130) for the v1.

MissBotany

MissBotany

The hlg 135 3000k kit comes in stock may 30. I might go with two of those. The kit comes with everything, just need to assemble. I’ll have to figure out which is cheaper, buying the kit or buying 8 boards and the parts separately. Lots to figure out!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

More training Under the quantum boards. Still waiting for nutrients but these lights are killing it.

0A7B31F2 59E2 4B43 ABEC B7337E063140

6A0E98F5 5468 4684 98F6 DC167980D330

I have to say I’m not sure if it’s the strains or if I’m seeing so much red for the quantum lighting?

93417BC8 655B 49E3 9297 30C5932E4B2B

Top Bottom