First Time Scrog

• Thread starter Hcbbedford1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hcbbedford1

This will be my 3rd grow I have a 3x3x6 grow tent with 2 2ft 4buld t5 and 1 1500w led I just bought my first purple grows were small and a learning experience to say the least but more comfortable with try to increase yields and wanted to try a scrog I was wondering if anyone had and tips or trick with lst and topping and prepping your plant for the scrog any advice is appreciated and I will be growing a feminized blueberry kush

prospero

prospero

The scrog is just for support and to keep your plants level height. Make it nice and tight and watch the lady come through.
https://www.growweedeasy.com/low-stress-training-lst/ here is a link to good lst advice :-) If I had just 1 plant I would aim for as many bud sites as possible by topping. I find topping easier than fimming. Topping is cutting from the stem just below the head. Fimming is pinching out the head. Hope Im not giving you info you allready know. Start topping or fimming when the plat reaches 3rd node. I tuck my taller plants tops under scrog to bring down level. This can only be done if plant stems are soft enough to bend comfortably. If growing very tall and cant bend under scrog you can super crop. I will add site for you to learn. Super cropping seems brutal but works if you do it right.
www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-super-crop-marijuana
Hope this is usefull. Good luck . #weedgrowing is addictive. Lol.

prospero

prospero

Thank you so at what point should I tart using lst before or after I top
When you top 1st head 2 branches will grow in between the 2 branches below where you topped. I bend them slightly as they grow, 1 to the left and one to the right. When branches reach each side of pot tie and top. Use those bendy rubber coated ties, they are kinder to plant and easy to move or adjust. Each branch will produce side branches. Train side branches to vacant sides of pot and when they reach the sides top each one. From there you can top again and continue until you have what you consider to be enough bud sites. I add the scrog when im ready to switch 12 12. It keeps everything nice and level for optimum light spread. I keep light about 12 inches above plants. Have a look on you tube if you want to see it done .
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom