When Does Flower Period Begin?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Sounds like a stupid question and I find myself embarrassed for asking but I've read different ideas now.

I had assumed and heard that it begins the minute you switch to 12/12. Now I've read that it begins the moment you see flowers. Than I've read a know it all, not meant as a put down, say he waits two weeks and then starts counting.

I understand you go by trichomes more than anything but it would be nice to now when the real flower period begins.

H

heisen

Sounds like a stupid question and I find myself embarrassed for asking but I've read different ideas now.

I had assumed and heard that it begins the minute you switch to 12/12. Now I've read that it begins the moment you see flowers. Than I've read a know it all, not meant as a put down, say he waits two weeks and then starts counting.

I understand you go by trichomes more than anything but it would be nice to now when the real flower period begins.
Depends if it's from seed or clone cause it does matter,if a plant isn't sexually mature than it wont make a difference.if you can start from seed with 12 12 and finish a plant in 9 weeks from sprout than cool,but I doubt it.i suppose your comment is directed towards me?
Alot ol people start from the day they flip but premature plants will take another 2 to 3 weeks to start flowering so you cant really add that to the time it takes.most strains are 8 weeks.
Sprout some seeds in 12 12 and finish them in 8 weeks let me know how it works out

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I start counting as soon as I flip..My reason is that that is when the plant's chemistry changes..I mark that date on the plant tag, but only for reference (to figure out my Veg schedule and what's in the bull pen for flowering)..No matter what anyone says..the plants tell us when to harvest etc..I do use that date when figuring out when I will spike the PK though..works here..;)

H

heisen

For indoors, it starts when u flip to 12/12. Case closed.
How is that possible when plants that aren't mature enough to flower will not flower until they are sexually mature?I have cuts that took longer from seed than from clone to finish.my Scott's sat around for 2 weeks after flip before the first pre flowers really started going.it took almost 11 from seed but from clone it takes a solid 8 and ahalf.ive ran it 4 times already.

scubascrog

scubascrog

I guess we can generalize under the assumption that you are vegging long enough to consider day one of 12/12

H

heisen

Most plants are sexually mature enough at 3 weeks but I've had some take 6 before you see the first pistil.once its mature and you use the clones from the sexually mature plant you can count from the day you flip but I dont agree that counting all seed and clone from flip is as cut and dry.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Sexual maturity = This..NOT time..
Alternating nodes

H

heisen

Yes I agree,force flowering a plant cant make it mature,it will begin to flower when its ready,my cuts ALWAYS finish faster than from seed.
If it started from 12 12 than we could finish plants at 56 days from sprout which seems pretty unlikely.

G gnome

G gnome

How is that possible when plants that aren't mature enough to flower will not flower until they are sexually mature?I have cuts that took longer from seed than from clone to finish.my Scott's sat around for 2 weeks after flip before the first pre flowers really started going.it took almost 11 from seed but from clone it takes a solid 8 and ahalf.ive ran it 4 times already.
I just think that for the purpose of answering the op's question its as simple as day 1 of flip

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Lets say I have only one room, can I finish the autos @ 8 wee
Yes I agree,force flowering a plant cant make it mature,it will begin to flower when its ready,my cuts ALWAYS finish faster than from seed.
If it started from 12 12 than we could finish plants at 56 days from sprout which seems pretty unlikely.
Do photoperiod seeds take longer to mature/flower if ran at 12/12 from the start?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I only have one room, I switched to the hps or mh, Whichever is blurple, so that I can finish my autos, I also have photos in the room .I am supplementing the mh with 4 t8's around the outside. It seems to be working. Do the seedlings need the first light if I use a few t8's? I know they don't penetrate like the mh/hps. I don't wanna start another room, is this alright? I have different types and different soils all living in sychrony, its a beautiful smelly orchestra!

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Bullshit 3 liter bottle for co2, clones don't mind either, I took clones from plants that I mainlined, I dono if they are female but a friend told me to watch out once they acclimate to the new pot and medium. Boy was he right!! I just hope they are feminine

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

@heisenbubble so? Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I'm to new for a reply? What's the deal? Can I run both bulbs simultaneously? Mh and hps? Or t8 and hps?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

The night you flip the lights

prospero

prospero

Plants will show sex once switcbed to 12 12. I usually start to see small buds show at 2 weeks roughly. I count flower days from day of switch. Hope this is usefull. :-) good luck.

Top Bottom