Cmh Or Hps/mh

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to keep my eye out for the QB 132 and have a friend in the states pick them up and ship them to me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you need help or where to get the best deals on parts let me know. Happy to save some of the foot work

First thank you very much for the help again.

So the law has PASSED!!!! We will be able to grow 4 plants each in Canada as of Oct.17th. I'm thinking a 3x3 would do for 4 plants in a scrog? that's 2.3 sq.ft. per plant.... sound about right? I am building my own enclosure so I can always adjust a little more if needed.

I found an HLG source in Canada and all I have to do is pay the difference in exchange. I'm stoked!!! I have spent the last few days researching the crap out of this and i'm stuck and could use an opinion since you have run both the 120's and 132's.

The 132's get a little warmer and I would think more prone to a shorter life cycle because of that. Or I could dial em back a bit to say 65-70W a board i'm thinking 5 boards in an X pattern. At 75W's each is 375W could I get away with a 360W driver? Can you put 5 132's in series? I'm handy but electrical calculations are far from my strong points.

Or 6 QB 120''s for slightly better coverage and a bit cooler with 360W driver and a total of 360W's?

Either would put me about 32ish watts/sq.ft.

I'm leaning towards 6 QB120's but I wanted your take on it if you don't mind

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

First thank you very much for the help again.

So the law has PASSED!!!! We will be able to grow 4 plants each in Canada as of Oct.17th. I'm thinking a 3x3 would do for 4 plants in a scrog? that's 2.3 sq.ft. per plant.... sound about right? I am building my own enclosure so I can always adjust a little more if needed.

I found an HLG source in Canada and all I have to do is pay the difference in exchange. I'm stoked!!! I have spent the last few days researching the crap out of this and i'm stuck and could use an opinion since you have run both the 120's and 132's.

The 132's get a little warmer and I would think more prone to a shorter life cycle because of that. Or I could dial em back a bit to say 65-70W a board i'm thinking 5 boards in an X pattern. At 75W's each is 375W could I get away with a 360W driver? Can you put 5 132's in series? I'm handy but electrical calculations are far from my strong points.

Or 6 QB 120''s for slightly better coverage and a bit cooler with 360W driver and a total of 360W's?

Either would put me about 32ish watts/sq.ft.

I'm leaning towards 6 QB120's but I wanted your take on it if you don't mind

Get the 132 and don’t max them out. I run mine around 60w in a 4x4. The lrs 360-36 runs a set of four in parallel, get the dimmer and multimeter and dial it in. I like being able
To have control of my intensity, and I got them from arrow for 24$. The 120s are great but 132s really kill it for me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Get the 132 and don’t max them out. I run mine around 60w in a 4x4. The lrs 360-36 runs a set of four in parallel, get the dimmer and multimeter and dial it in. I like being able
To have control of my intensity, and I got them from arrow for 24$. The 120s are great but 132s really kill it for me.

Ok, whats difference between running them in parallel or in series? I thought they were recommended in series? Do you think 4-132's would be enough? at 60w that puts it about 26.6W/sq.ft.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Ok, whats difference between running them in parallel or in series? I thought they were recommended in series? Do you think 4-132's would be enough? at 60w that puts it about 26.6W/sq.ft.

Google the two and it will help you understand. I could explain but I’m lazy, few beers in and toasted lol. I have an electrical engineering degree, work in biopharm and spec’d everything I’m running, so that’s what I can recommend. I ran lots of numbers, looked at availablility and use many years of experience in my fields to build a cheap efficient system. A 4x4 with 9 qb132 is in my opinion the ultimate setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom