Help With Brown Spots All Over Leaves And Spreading

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Don't remember if he said his water source. I filter my well water with a Pur water pitcher, huge one, for the plants, and use Advanced Nutrients ph perfect base trio. If I don't filter the water, then problems like above have happened.
:cool:

K

kansabis

Buy a zero water filter,it comes with a tds meter or get one from Amazon of you can,they are pretty affordable.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Don't remember if he said his water source. I filter my well water with a Pur water pitcher, huge one, for the plants, and use Advanced Nutrients ph perfect base trio. If I don't filter the water, then problems like above have happened.
:cool:

I was filtering my tap water and then I noticed the issues start. I looked into the brita and it filters out some of the calcium and other minerals. I stopped using the filtered water and just switched to tap water. The issues kept increasing. The leaves are still the same or getting worse but the buds keep growing so I am not sure what I am supposed to do?

K

kansabis

I was filtering my tap water and then I noticed the issues start. I looked into the brita and it filters out some of the calcium and other minerals. I stopped using the filtered water and just switched to tap water. The issues kept increasing. The leaves are still the same or getting worse but the buds keep growing so I am not sure what I am supposed to do?
I hear ya,mine have kinda done the same thing,i used tap and also a brita filter and jt still does it to some extent,that was with old reused soil though,now with the fresh happy frog they seem to be doing better so idk what exactly the issue is or was.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Brita water pitchers don't filter out a lot of solids in well water that can cause nutrient lockout. Pur filters filter out much more, and I have to change filters just every few weeks. I am thinking now, this whole issue started with the water. I've never used zero filter. But, I know I have success with the Pur. My well water has solids so bad, that every 2 or 3 months, I even have to take the cold water supply to my washer loose and clean that fine screen.

If that is what has happened, then your yield is really gonna suffer, but get a Pur or Zero (if as good) and just continue and we will all advise as it goes. :cool:

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Brita water pitchers don't filter out a lot of solids in well water that can cause nutrient lockout. Pur filters filter out much more, and I have to change filters just every few weeks. I am thinking now, this whole issue started with the water. I've never used zero filter. But, I know I have success with the Pur. My well water has solids so bad, that every 2 or 3 months, I even have to take the cold water supply to my washer loose and clean that fine screen.

If that is what has happened, then your yield is really gonna suffer, but get a Pur or Zero (if as good) and just continue and we will all advise as it goes. :cool:
Is your tap water from a public water source? The city water where I live smells like chlorine and it tastes awful. Happy I'm not in the city or near their water lines. Was reading over your posts, and either way, well or public water, I would get a better filter than Brita and go from there. You want all the stuff filtered out because your adding back everything the plants need to thrive, when you use your nutrients. I agree with one guy above about nute lockout, since your not filtering water. Hope you get it straightened out.

mk23tas

mk23tas

I hear ya,mine have kinda done the same thing,i used tap and also a brita filter and jt still does it to some extent,that was with old reused soil though,now with the fresh happy frog they seem to be doing better so idk what exactly the issue is or was.

I am not sure what is going on but the leaves are still the same but the buds doubled in size since Monday. I have only been giving water after I flushed it with no nutrients.

K

kansabis

Yeah as long as it's not going super bad then you can still pull off a successful grow and harvest,I've had plants that weren't at optimum health and potential from start to finish that still produced a good end result,obviously not the best possible but certainly good enough,still doesn't help with my interest in figuring it out lol
I am not sure what is going on but the leaves are still the same but the buds doubled in size since Monday. I have only been giving water after I flushed it with no nutrients.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Is your tap water from a public water source? The city water where I live smells like chlorine and it tastes awful. Happy I'm not in the city or near their water lines. Was reading over your posts, and either way, well or public water, I would get a better filter than Brita and go from there. You want all the stuff filtered out because your adding back everything the plants need to thrive, when you use your nutrients. I agree with one guy above about nute lockout, since your not filtering water. Hope you get it straightened out.

I plan on going out and buying water just to rule out the water issue. The buds have doubled in size in the last 4 days so I am even more baffled.

K

kansabis

more importantly so it gasses out the chlorine
If that's the end goal it much quicker to put a airstone in the water for a few hours,unless it's super high levels a little chlorine won't hurt anything,in fact plants use it in micro levels like other micro nutes,chloramine is a different story though which I have in my tap,also if your doing organic in small containers it can have negative effect on bacteria,etc.

K

kansabis

Ho
I plan on going out and buying water just to rule out the water issue. The buds have doubled in size in the last 4 days so I am even more baffled.
How many days into flower are you again?

K

kansabis

Nevermind I found it,around 30 days or so... Yeah you should start getting swelling of the buds for next couple weeks,then another week or so of a small amount of swelling but mostly hardening up and putting out the frost and the funk.
Ho

How many days into flower are you again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom