Noob On First Grow Thinks He Stunted Them?

• Thread starter jaypru369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaypru369

jaypru369

hey yall

on my first indoor grow, so basically, im growing two indi babies, (honey cream) from royal seeds(uk) they popped outta the rapid rooters pretty good within 48 hours, i kept them in there for another day and then i was under the impression to transplant them relatively quick and get them under light, i put them in 1 gal pots, and watered very lightly for the first couple days, oh yeah also put them under a diamond 300 wat (450 watt output) on the veg switch, i had the lights really close at first like maybe 12 inch and i found that was way too close 2 days later so now they have been at 28inch away.

long story short one of them is like 3.5 inches and the other is like 2inch, at day 10 of these pics.

not sure if i stunted them from the hot organic soil i put them in? i feed them balanced ph water the first couple days of seedling stage and regular tap since.

- lights have been on 20/4 with the really light breeze from fan,
- temps are 79-85 when lights on....69-79 with lights off.

how fast are these seedlings suppose to grow and any advice on the light set up? do i only keep the veg light on until they are like 16-18 inches tall or when commencing flower stage?

thanks for the help
Noob on first grow thinks he stunted them
Noob on first grow thinks he stunted them
Noob on first grow thinks he stunted them 2
Noob on first grow thinks he stunted them 3

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I'd put the light at 16-18 in just my opnion unless you want stretching . I personally try to keep my temps in the 70s . Keep your veg light on until they are a good size to flower depending on your rent size . Do some readings my friend !!

Reactions: Ina
jaypru369

jaypru369

I'd put the light at 16-18 in just my opnion unless you want stretching . I personally try to keep my temps in the 70s . Keep your veg light on until they are a good size to flower depending on your rent size . Do some readings my friend !!
thanks i do but not even the manufactuer gives any solid answers and i know all of things come down to certian factors thats why i came to this mass collective of cannabis experts!!! haha thanks ill drop the light

MissBotany

MissBotany

I think most seedlings do that, then one day you’ll see a huge growth spurt.

How did you know lights were too close to your plants? Were you seeing signs of leaf burn? 28” is probably too far but it all depends on the model of your lights. Do you know what model do you have?

Edit: I noticed your rh is 25%. If thats correct then it’s way too low for seedling/veg. You’ll want to put a humidifier in there. Get it to 50-60%. If your plant looses moisture faster than your roots can absorb it, you’ll run into issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

They're dyin throw'em out....feed'em to the pigs
hey yall

on my first indoor grow, so basically, im growing two indi babies, (honey cream) from royal seeds(uk) they popped outta the rapid rooters pretty good within 48 hours, i kept them in there for another day and then i was under the impression to transplant them relatively quick and get them under light, i put them in 1 gal pots, and watered very lightly for the first couple days, oh yeah also put them under a diamond 300 wat (450 watt output) on the veg switch, i had the lights really close at first like maybe 12 inch and i found that was way too close 2 days later so now they have been at 28inch away.

long story short one of them is like 3.5 inches and the other is like 2inch, at day 10 of these pics.

not sure if i stunted them from the hot organic soil i put them in? i feed them balanced ph water the first couple days of seedling stage and regular tap since.

how fast are these seedlings suppose to grow and any advice on the light set up? do i only keep the veg light on until they are like 16-18 inches tall or when commencing flower stage?

thanks for the help View attachment 809662 View attachment 809662 View attachment 809663 View attachment 809664

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

just babies trying to spread there legs friend,when the tap root gets to the bottom of pot,bamm like night and day,just bust out the gate and run,then you will be how the hell i keep these things from stretching so much,like botany said you need to raise that humidity though,in veg high humidity and 85 is just fine,when you flower you want the least humidity and get your sweet spot on temp,indoors with ac and heat,i always shoot for 75 to 78 lights on,which ever light you got dont matter in my opinion,do the back of hand trick with all them,sellers of these lights always bullshit ya just to sell um,so put your palm about 4in above your tallest plant,drop light down till you feel the warmth,leave it sit there a minute,if it to hot for back of your hand raise it a bit,and keep doing it till it feels comfortable to you,your plants feel the same as you do friend,when i run my hid lighting about 14 inchs from top of canopy,thats just my light though,i run a cool tube,with open hood it gonna be higher because of heat,,anyway hope it helps and just be patient,keep in mind 4 months hahah dont rush um or you will blow them if you dig,need any more help holler

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Just messing with the guy yo....lol

Yeah in some measure im still there too.

Hes obviously just worried about nothing
why not change the name to trolling friendly guy,right,a newbie wanting to make medicine friend ,dont forget you were there too

hey yall

thanks for the help View attachment 809662 View attachment 809662 View attachment 809663 View attachment 809664

Everything looks pretty good. 300 watta sounds a bit much. 20 hours lights on...ouch...personally i wouldnt go over 16 hours on. Plants only have enough leaf matter to collect and store so much energy. Money wise it might be smarter to go 16 instead 20.

Better to have an oscillating fan. If not blow air onto a wall so it bounces onto the seedlings. Not really a good idea to do otherwise.

Humidity MUST be 55 to 60%.

Perception

Perception

The look great to me, and your environment & setup sounds perfect. I wouldn't change anything if it ain't broke!

I've found that once they break soil, they need about 2 weeks before they start taking off. I bet you'll start seeing faster growth within the week.

Perception

Perception

To everyone else’s points... they all have good advice as well. Not saying they are wrong - just that if you kept everything the same, it’ll work out just fine too.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Don’t sweat the stunted
It’s your first grow
Even if they are “stunted” you’ll still in the end get more than if you didn’t grow.
Just grow it out and use this grow as your baseline

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

@jaypru369

Oops just saw it’s your first INDOOR grow
Mebad

Top Bottom