Help On Cob Design For 2x4

• Thread starter Shan1784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shan1784

I agree,t5s are a waste.i just replaced 400.watts of t5 with 200 watts of cobs and it flat out knocks the dick off the t5 get up.
What about a HLG40 in 5k for seedlings and clones? Looking to put in a small 1x2 area.

GBAUTO

GBAUTO

What about a HLG40 in 5k for seedlings and clones? Looking to put in a small 1x2 area.
That should be a good fit. On the original question, I'd look at a HLG320 family of drivers. That will give you optimal PPF output for your 2x4 when used with good diodes. I have run a couple of 320w VeroSE arrays using 4 140mm pin sinks. Does an incredible job of creating light and not to hard to fabricate. I have also built a flowering supplement with 4 of the 44" Samsung F-gen3 double row strips running off of a 240w driver. Each strip is equivalent in numbers of LM501c diodes as QB288. Even @ 60% test power, they add almost as much light as the 320w vero bar. The QB's are great products and will give you the ability to grow NICE plants indoors. I feel that it's best to look at all of the options and choose the best solution for YOUR grow.

S

Shan1784

That should be a good fit. On the original question, I'd look at a HLG320 family of drivers. That will give you optimal PPF output for your 2x4 when used with good diodes. I have run a couple of 320w VeroSE arrays using 4 140mm pin sinks. Does an incredible job of creating light and not to hard to fabricate. I have also built a flowering supplement with 4 of the 44" Samsung F-gen3 double row strips running off of a 240w driver. Each strip is equivalent in numbers of LM501c diodes as QB288. Even @ 60% test power, they add almost as much light as the 320w vero bar. The QB's are great products and will give you the ability to grow NICE plants indoors. I feel that it's best to look at all of the options and choose the best solution for YOUR grow.

Ok thank you! I am lost when it comes to the drivers. I can wire in series or parallel or however it needs to be wired. But trying to figure out how many watts per sqft per driver I’m lost. I just need someone to give me options for the best coverage possible.

sixstring

sixstring

Ok thank you! I am lost when it comes to the drivers. I can wire in series or parallel or however it needs to be wired. But trying to figure out how many watts per sqft per driver I’m lost. I just need someone to give me options for the best coverage possible.

Buy a kit like this and be done with it.super easy to wire and be up n running in no time.

GBAUTO

GBAUTO

My setup on the 4 vero arrays is 2-3kVero29SE(D) and 2-4kVero29SE(D) on a HLG-320H-C2100B and a rapidled dimmer pot. Used Rapid for the pin sinks and fabbed up a simple 4' frame. I wouldn't bother with lens or reflectors. I got better uniformity without them. My setup uses a walk-in closet that has a 5x5 footprint. I ran 4 RDWC buckets along each side wall plumbed back to a 17gal rez and pump. The Vero bars are a huge step up compared to the mix of King and Mars 'blurple' panels. Went from 550w of blurple to 650w of vero's and the room ran cooler and I got better growth. After making some basic measurement with a PAR meter, I decided to add some 'flowering' lights to each bar. Added a pair of 45"outriggers(2"x.125") on each bar that I mounted a Samsung FB24B 44" strip. All 4 of the F-strips are parallel wired on a HLG240H-48B driver and a dimmer pot. This circuit is separately switched and also drives a total of 60w of 660nm and 390nm mono's. So, as you can see, its possible to build a great light yourself but it can be addicting...

S

Shan1784

My setup on the 4 vero arrays is 2-3kVero29SE(D) and 2-4kVero29SE(D) on a HLG-320H-C2100B and a rapidled dimmer pot. Used Rapid for the pin sinks and fabbed up a simple 4' frame. I wouldn't bother with lens or reflectors. I got better uniformity without them. My setup uses a walk-in closet that has a 5x5 footprint. I ran 4 RDWC buckets along each side wall plumbed back to a 17gal rez and pump. The Vero bars are a huge step up compared to the mix of King and Mars 'blurple' panels. Went from 550w of blurple to 650w of vero's and the room ran cooler and I got better growth. After making some basic measurement with a PAR meter, I decided to add some 'flowering' lights to each bar. Added a pair of 45"outriggers(2"x.125") on each bar that I mounted a Samsung FB24B 44" strip. All 4 of the F-strips are parallel wired on a HLG240H-48B driver and a dimmer pot. This circuit is separately switched and also drives a total of 60w of 660nm and 390nm mono's. So, as you can see, its possible to build a great light yourself but it can be addicting...

Yeah have no clue what most of that meant. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom