Bog Seeds Germination

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I popped a pack of Sour Bubble and a pack of Sour Strawberry... 25 seeds total.

23 germinated, 13 SS and 10 SB.

Now, if I were looking for some breeding stock I’d be pretty happy I suppose, because I’ve got 21 f*cking males.

Out of 25 seeds there were two females, both sour strawberry... the whole sour bubble pack was male. How is that even possible...

I know everyone’s got great things to say about Bog gear, and I know sex is “win some lose some”, but this was an excercise in wasting time and money, I’ll be avoiding in the future.
where did you source BOGS seeds from? And were they still in the breeders pack. Some seed distributors have been known to pull a switcheroo on good gear and send along not so good gear. BOG has been around for a long time and he is legit and so is his gear. just sayn

Unit541

Unit541

They came from SHN, with ink-jet printed zip locked baggies.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

They came from SHN, with ink-jet printed zip locked baggies.
Mines too but i just got mine in a trade but still.theyr bog beans and bogs got a solid rep so wen none popped i was totally shocked.perhaps iv been given old stock but even with 10 year old beans a few should pop atleast.
Anyways these non poppers have put me off bog beans.i really wanted to buy a pack of his sour bubble too but i cant afford to buy seeds that may not pop.especially when theres so many good beans available that deffo will pop

Unit541

Unit541

I will reserve any judgement for after running the replacement packs. My issue was a little more tolerable in that germination wasn't an issue, just a statistically improbable male/female ratio. Hell maybe the replacement packs will be 95% fem. I think this is really what happened with my packs. We're all good with the usual 50/50-ish m/f ratio that's most common. I just happened to get two packs that were 92% male combined.

Am I eligible for some sort of award for finding 8% fem in 25 seeds?

Now, as for the two Sour Strawberry that were fem, I can muster no complaints at all. They're vigorous and healthy, on day 32 of flower and doing great. No signs of instability, quite resinous and stacking into arm-sized colas. I'm glad to have the replacement seeds, because I have a feeling I'm going to want more of this.
SS5

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
thats right bog has been using that setup for a long time. But like you said with a good scanner/LaserJet it would be easy to imitate.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would suggest buying in person unless it’s from a verified and trustworthy site.
I have never had an issue with bogs gear. He is a legit breeder. His wife and bog I have met personally and thats why I asked the question what packaging the dude that was complaining beans came in. So we don't all get confused. I am and always will be a big BOG fan. :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Email BOG for beans. Simple easy and fast.
indeed straight from the source. Always the best way to go by keeping the middle men out. For more reasons than the added cost involved. Like switching genetics to start. :D

Top Bottom