First 100% Sativa Plus First Time Sk#1 Grow... Day 2

• Thread starter RuralFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

As some of you know, I have been a consumer since 1975 and a grower since 2005, but, I have never grown these strains, and I expect the 100% Sativa to be quite the learning curve.

Set up. 4'x4'x7' tent.
Fans. 2 vortex 6" inline fans, one feeding fresh air in, one pulling warm air out. Output goes thru the floor into crawlspace and into 6" carbon scrubber.
Fans are controlled by individual variac motor speed controllers, for zero motor noise.
Foxfarms Ocean Forest soil. My intentions were, 3 Sk#1 in 5 gal smart pots, and 2 Malawi x Panama in 10 gal smart pots. But, I wound up with 3 Malawi x Panama, 2 in the 10 gal pots. One of the Sk#1 failed to germinate, so, one of the Malawi x Panama is in a 5 gal pot.

Lights in veg. 1 G8 600W Led, and 1 Lumigrow 325W Led.

Nutes: Advanced Nutrients ph perfect base trio. Will discuss other nutes later.

Temps are running 81 to 84 daytime, and 72 to 76 nighttime with humidity at 55 to 60%.

The seedlings are just up with embryonic leaves and one set of serrated leaves.
First 100 sativa plus first time sk1 grow day 2
First 100 sativa plus first time sk1 grow day 2 2

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Hey Ruralfarmer:) Are the malawi x Panama from ace seeds?
Yes, but they come from Oaseeds.com. But Ace is who developed the Malawi strains. This cross supposed to be the most potent. There is also a Panama x Malawi, a sister strain to this, but not quite as potent, but a better yield and terpene profile. But I went for potency. :cool:

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I apologize. I should have provided a link to each strain from the bank it came from. I had never used this bank before. I ordered 3 Sk#1 and 3 of the Malawi x Panama, fem seed. 5 of 6 popped, but I normally get 100%.

Here is the Malawi x Panama
https://oaseeds.com/en/5960-ace-see...lawi+x+Panama&results=25#/1-seeds-5_feminized

Here is the Skunk #1
https://oaseeds.com/en/2638-white-label-seeds-skunk-1.html?search_query=Origional+Skunk+&results=404

Oaseeds appears to be a different kind of bank. They offer seeds from gobs of other sites, all on one site. But, price is their biggest advantage. Check those original skunk seeds, 3 feminized for 16 bucks and some change. The Malawi x Panama is from Ace seeds and the Skunk is from White Label I think, have to look again Lol. Not endorsing them at all, just telling how the site looks. Delivery is about 10 days slower from Spain than from England where my regular "dutch" seedbank mails to the US from. :cool:

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I had to pull one of the Sk #1 seedlings. It was weird looking and hardly growing. One of the 3 Sk1 beans had already failed to pop. Makes me wonder about this seed bank I've tried. The remaining seedling looks Indica dominate to me. The 3 Malawi x Panama are growing well, but all 3 are not exactly the same. I'm accustomed to much more consistent results than this. I probably should of got the Malawi from Ace, and the Sk1 from Msnl. I am germinating a OG Kush to replace the pulled Sk.

Here are the seedlings now at day 15 from embryonic leaves.

20180715 140634
20180715 140652
20180715 140719

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

After messaging with a very helpful rep at Ace seeds, I'm confident the Malawi x Panama are the real deal thru Oaseeds. Here they are on day 20. As you can see, they have been topped once. I wish I had 1 more of them now.
The Indica dominant Skunk is growing slow, no idea why. I won't be ordering any more of those. :cool:

20180720 185331
20180720 185252

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Who was the breeder for the skunk ?? I just placed another order with OA they seem preety legit they where out of bubblegum so emailed me . I chose a different strain of equal value ,and the guy said I would get some extra freebies for the inconvenience. The first order was for my buddy and his autos are doing fine 7/10 germ rate not to bad .

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Who was the breeder for the skunk ?? I just placed another order with OA they seem preety legit they where out of bubblegum so emailed me . I chose a different strain of equal value ,and the guy said I would get some extra freebies for the inconvenience. The first order was for my buddy and his autos are doing fine 7/10 germ rate not to bad .
I thought it came from White Label, but I went back and checked my records. They came from Seedsman, thru Oaseeds. So, I dunno, but didn't have much luck with them. Pleased with the Sativas though.

https://oaseeds.com/en/1758-seedsman-original-skunk-1.html?search_query=Skunk+#1&results=406

Now trying to germinate a straight Malawi, which they recommend the switch to 12/12 just days from seed. The OG Kush was a buy one get one free and so far, 3 beans and no popping. Those came from Msnl. Weird, I usually get near 100% germ rates from them.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I think I got my sk1 from MSNL .never grew there og but that's kinda scary . That Malawi outa be cool I've never grown one how's the stretching ??
Don't know yet, it's my first time with the strain. But, those already growing won't stretch as much as the straight Malawi that I'm germinating, going by Ace seeds info on their site. Oaseeds info on the strains is incomplete.

Top Bottom