Notice A Difference Following Feed Chart?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Has anyone noticed a difference when following the feed chart and using some of the products together versus using Rootamentary for babies, Sea Green for Veg, and True Blooms for flowering, etc? IE two people are in week three of flower: one guy may just use true blooms on it's own because he thinks 'the plants got roots, so it doesn't need rootamentary and is done vegging, so it doesn't need sea green. No reason to waste the other products if they aren't really needed.'
But the second person may have held on to his feed chart, and when he looks at week three, he follows it to a T because he trusts there's a reason they put it on the feed chart, even if he doesn't know exactly why or how the plant's using it.

I just wanted to see if anyone had tried both methods, and which worked better for 'em. Growers Love, all! ~Saint

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
Love to hear everyone's experiences.

Sea Green is for nutrient uptake in all stages... True Blooms watered in will suffice though if one had to choose between them (or half the amount of each 50/50). Best thing to do is apply Sea Green as a soil drench in flower and foliar spray True Blooms in early flower, switch to Terp Gerp in mid/late flower.

Rootamentary should only be applied if you are still wanting larger plant growth. Some people cut it out before flipping, some apply into mid flower, depends on the strain and the length of time you have to let the plant mature.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit. Feeding charts are only really good for the indoor/soilless/salt-nutrient growing situation. Organics and living soil are different. With organics, a chart is more like a guideline than a strict regimen.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Love to hear everyone's experiences.

Sea Green is for nutrient uptake in all stages... True Blooms watered in will suffice though if one had to choose between them (or half the amount of each 50/50). Best thing to do is apply Sea Green as a soil drench in flower and foliar spray True Blooms in early flower, switch to Terp Gerp in mid/late flower.

Rootamentary should only be applied if you are still wanting larger plant growth. Some people cut it out before flipping, some apply into mid flower, depends on the strain and the length of time you have to let the plant mature.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit. Feeding charts are only really good for the indoor/soilless/salt-nutrient growing situation. Organics and living soil are different. With organics, a chart is more like a guideline than a strict regimen.
If I don't have terp gerp should I stick with True Bloom? And how long do you recommend Foliar spraying in flower?

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
If I don't have terp gerp should I stick with True Bloom? And how long do you recommend Foliar spraying in flower?
Yes. True Blooms will suffice, just spray gently as the flowers develop and try not to soak dense flowers. It'll help prevent mold due to competitive exclusion of beneficial microbes. You can spray pretty late if you aren't damaging the flowers by the act of spraying. Switch to soil drench at any point... foliar best, but drench effective still.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I run rootamentary in Veg up to the 2nd week of flower. Sea Green in Veg and Flower but when in flower I add to the end of a Tea Brew. I start foliar feeding Trueblooms till around 1O days in for about 2 weeks. You plants won't stop praying. I grow in heavily amended soil and use their products with excellent results. Check out their Paleo Bloom another great product. Happy Growing
to be 100% honest with ya, I'm scared shitless to spray anything on my plants in flower lol especially later in the cycle. I'll have to check out paleobloom one of these days when I can afford it, Life's thrown some financial curveballs at us but we'll get through.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Just me I understand. I Foliar safely up to week 5 flower. As long as you environment is dialed in, you'll be ok.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Just me I understand. I Foliar safely up to week 5 flower. As long as you environment is dialed in, you'll be ok.
I've considered it but haven't tried it yet. We just moved into a new place that we plan on staying in, so I can finally get things dialed in and start doing some of the experimenting I've been wanting to do.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

do you just spray the fan leaves and try to avoid budding sites? I've been seriously considering foliar for awhile, I use optic foliar in veg on some of my girls and they seem to love it, but I'm hoping to do an experiment with it just for gits n shiggles

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes I don't try to soak the flower sites, it's best the first few weeks of flower. Love using a Kelp plus Humic product.

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
That is why we came out with Terp Gerp, to spray on the flowers themselves during mid/late flower. As it is in a spray can with compressed air, there is minimal water application and minimal force of application. True Blooms is great to foliar during transition and early flower.

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

First time user here but I read a lot of threads. This is my first grow in a greenhouse; one of those $300 (10' x 20') kits with a steel hoop frame and a clear plastic cover. This year we wanted to be thoughtful of the neighbors odiforous sensitivities. Mental note to self, no more clear plastic cover tents outside. The heat build up in those things are a problem you shouldn't add too the equation unless you have the proper ventilation requirements and use a silica product throughout the grow cycle. Anyway back to the "feedchart" subject. I decided to go with a highly amended "super soil" (a modified Subcool version with a FF Happy Frog base). At the "beginning" it was just going to be the super soil and water. Then I read about AACT's. This brought me to the introduction and use of Sea Green for my "liquid fish" ingredient to the tea. After more research of Sea Green, i started using it with my daily waterings. The girls started praying to the light on a daily, hence more research into Primordial Solutions. I picked up and started using Rootamentary while the girls were in the 3 gallon bag stage. By the time i transplanted to the 30 gallon fabric bags, the rootballs were as big as 15 pound bowling balls, huge to say the least. I'm definitely sold on Sea Green and Rootamentary. I've purchased PaleoBloom, Tru Blooms and Terp Gerp to run in the flower. I plan to use the chart as a guide. But since I'm running a highly amended soil, I plan to go "light" on the application rates and lets the girls tell me how hard I can push them. I have another 4 weeks or so before the outdoor flip. I plan to come back and update on the use of Paleo, Tru and Terp. Have fun and happy growing.

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

First time user here but I read a lot of threads. This is my first grow in a greenhouse; one of those $300 (10' x 20') kits with a steel hoop frame and a clear plastic cover. This year we wanted to be thoughtful of the neighbors odiforous sensitivities. Mental note to self, no more clear plastic cover tents outside. The heat build up in those things are a problem you shouldn't add too the equation unless you have the proper ventilation requirements and use a silica product throughout the grow cycle. Anyway back to the "feedchart" subject. I decided to go with a highly amended "super soil" (a modified Subcool version with a FF Happy Frog base). At the "beginning" it was just going to be the super soil and water. Then I read about AACT's. This brought me to the introduction and use of Sea Green for my "liquid fish" ingredient to the tea. After more research of Sea Green, i started using it with my daily waterings. The girls started praying to the light on a daily, hence more research into Primordial Solutions. I picked up and started using Rootamentary while the girls were in the 3 gallon bag stage. By the time i transplanted to the 30 gallon fabric bags, the rootballs were as big as 15 pound bowling balls, huge to say the least. I'm definitely sold on Sea Green and Rootamentary. I've purchased PaleoBloom, Tru Blooms and Terp Gerp to run in the flower. I plan to use the chart as a guide. But since I'm running a highly amended soil, I plan to go "light" on the application rates and lets the girls tell me how hard I can push them. I have another 4 weeks or so before the outdoor flip. I plan to come back and update on the use of Paleo, Tru and Terp. Have fun and happy growing.
Oh yeah, a brief background on the ladies; SIG, Harlequin x GDP, Cookies & Cream #13, Viper Cookies, Sunset Sherbet, Grape Stomper, Tangie, OPN, Papa Dizzle, Blueberry, Bruce Banner #3 and a Goji x Maple Leaf Indica. All were cloned in mid-March and put into the greenhouse around mid-April. It was a little too early in my latitude so I went through a sexing/faux flower period around the end of May. The longer daylight hours eventually put the girls back into veg state. Up until this this i only used Sea Green with very favorable results. This is when I started using Rootamentary at 1ml/gal rate. I think the high nitrogen in the Rootamentary help bring it back to the re-veg (along with more daylight). We're currently well into the first level SROG trellis at 3'6". All main branches are weaved throught the first level exposing the secondary branch framework for multiple colas with maximum light exposure. There are two "hedges" with about 50 sq ft per. My expections are high but I'm shooting for a 20 pound pull; enough to get through to next harvest.
I've been fighting a might problem that was actually to be expected. We had a short warm winter and most outdoor growers I know are fighting the same problem. I'm only able to keep their numbers in control. I just can't get rid of the little devils. I use multiple OMRI listed help (DE, Azamax, Neem Oil, Nuke'em and Green Cleaner). If I can't get rid of them before flowers start to stack, I may try predatory mites. I hear good results are obtained with Hot Shot No Pest Strips, but I'm on the fence about using that in my garden. If you have an opinion regarding the subject, I'd like to hear about it.
I'll be back when the flowers begin to stack. Aloha and happy growing.

testiclees

testiclees

Oh yeah, a brief background on the ladies; SIG, Harlequin x GDP, Cookies & Cream #13, Viper Cookies, Sunset Sherbet, Grape Stomper, Tangie, OPN, Papa Dizzle, Blueberry, Bruce Banner #3 and a Goji x Maple Leaf Indica. All were cloned in mid-March and put into the greenhouse around mid-April. It was a little too early in my latitude so I went through a sexing/faux flower period around the end of May. The longer daylight hours eventually put the girls back into veg state. Up until this this i only used Sea Green with very favorable results. This is when I started using Rootamentary at 1ml/gal rate. I think the high nitrogen in the Rootamentary help bring it back to the re-veg (along with more daylight). We're currently well into the first level SROG trellis at 3'6". All main branches are weaved throught the first level exposing the secondary branch framework for multiple colas with maximum light exposure. There are two "hedges" with about 50 sq ft per. My expections are high but I'm shooting for a 20 pound pull; enough to get through to next harvest.
I've been fighting a might problem that was actually to be expected. We had a short warm winter and most outdoor growers I know are fighting the same problem. I'm only able to keep their numbers in control. I just can't get rid of the little devils. I use multiple OMRI listed help (DE, Azamax, Neem Oil, Nuke'em and Green Cleaner). If I can't get rid of them before flowers start to stack, I may try predatory mites. I hear good results are obtained with Hot Shot No Pest Strips, but I'm on the fence about using that in my garden. If you have an opinion regarding the subject, I'd like to hear about it.
I'll be back when the flowers begin to stack. Aloha and happy growing.

Have an update bud? How did things turn out?

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

I ran both the Paleobloom and True Bloom for about 7 weeks; paleo every watering and true twice a week. The. Paleo started 5mL/gal for 2 weeks, then 7.5mL/gal for 2 weeks then 10mL/gal for the last few weeks. The True was ran at 2mL/gal the whole time. Once I started the 4th week of the bloom cycle, I added the Terp Gerp twice a week until the can was finished; about 8 applications. So far I've harvested the OPN, SIG, Harlequin, Blueberry, Sunset Sherbet and Viper Cookies. I wasn't impressed with the yield of any of the girls. But super-impressed by the resin production and the "strength" of the high. Here are some pics of freshly harvested girls.
OPN
20180929 223520

20180929 225004

SIG
20181013 174111

20181013 174230

Harlequin
20181004 224526

20181004 224705

Tropicana
20181004 224832

20181005 014638

Blueberry
20181012 155345

20181012 155451

Viper Cookies
20181013 174353

20181013 174516

I haven't got a shot of the Sunset Sherbet yet but it's pretty solid and gooey.

testiclees

testiclees

Nice work! Are you pleased overall?

I grabbed a little test kit of primordial stuff to test out this winter.

Top Bottom