Clockworx dry/cure method (step by step)

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gtp76354

I concur on the method presented here. I have been growing for 4 or 5 years now... that is a LONG time to still be fussing with what-the-hell-is-happening during the drying/curing phase. It is infuriating how often the same crap is copy and pasted and people response to others' questions and do not speak from experience, and even if they are speaking from experience, they are not specific enough or detailed enough with their language and what they choose to type out.

I discovered this thread by typing "slow down dry trash bag" or something after having seen trash bags mentioned, just on a whim with no details given, other than to lead one to conclude it's some strange method akin to stacking your buds in papersacks... you tend to not think it can really help you at all and sort of overlook it.

I have spent most of my growing years using Nirvana seeds and became convinced that all of their strains were the same-- high-yielding, but invariably tasteless, scentless, harsh garbage with no discernible differences between the "strains," and while it still may be actually true that Nirvana's genetics are literally garbage, I have to admit, the whole distinguishing between "drying" and "curing" that you read so much has been maddening.

What you describe here is only what I finally learned from experience-- after constantly questioning and doubting myself on my method of growing (DWC), if it's getting the "right" nutes, is it or it is not getting "flushed," air circulation, temps, humidity... Just every single thing you can imagine as it pertains to the grow, convinced *I* have to be messing something up somewhere. Combine that with reading advice on the internet and possibly shitting genetics, and you're stuck in a perpetual loop of never-learning-anything because what you do learn is then contradicted online.

Anyway, short story long: I live in an environment where every single harvest my plants, no matter if it's the entire plant or trimmed when it's hung, is dry as a bone in about 3-4 days. I have tried catching it before it's "overdry" (as they like to say all the time), only to end up with "musty" bud as you call it because it rehydrates in the jar! And if you take it out at this point to finish drying, like you mentioned, after it sweats like this, it dries exponentially faster than the first time-- talkin' in about a few hours here-- when you are tempted to take all the pot back out and let it air dry for another day or so, which then you end up with seriously cracker dry buds. But, hey, "they" said "when the stem SNAPS" so it must be right? So, it's jarred, only for the smell to completely disappear and the smoke to be harsh, throat-killing, old cigarette-smelling garbage. It literally smokes like it is stale-- and it probably is.

Combine the environment of getting a bone dry plant in 3 days with every possible method you can conceive of trying to "slow it down," and there you have every single harvest I have had for the last few YEARS. Time wasted, dreams dashed against the rocks. "This is gonna be the time.... nope."

I have tried drying in cardboard boxes with holes in them, in cardboard boxes in layers of newspaper, in cardboard boxes hung on strings, hung dried for one day and then placed in paper sack as a bundle of buds and rotated... and while all of these "methods" technically "work" at even-drying the bud, it is still "overdry" in the end, by the time they get jarred.

For my environment, here is where the "fix" is at: Despite the method used (I used a trash bag over my whole plant this last time, that's how I got here, get to that in a minute) to slow down the drying, what is IMPORTANT TO KNOW and is the HIGHLIGHT of this entire thread is that "drying" and "curing" ARE NOT SEPARATE PROCESSES. As it has been said by OP, pretty much when you cut your bud, the cure is on... It's only up to you now to keep your plant evenly moist AS it dries, not overmoist or it will mold, but preventing it, mainly, from getting too dried out and crunchy on the outside without redistributing the inner moisture of the buds and the stems/branches.

But ONCE you say "Hey, this bud is drying pretty fast" and notice it, which if you live in an environment like mine, you will be checking regularly (things change faster than 24 hours), that is WHEN it needs to have a trash bag placed over it OR paper sacks over it OR move them to paper sacks or whatever method works best for you to redistribute that inner moisture to the exterior surface of the bud (the exterior is where shit gets super harsh, fast), and let it redistribute the moisture like that, like OP said, checking sort of through the bag or just in general have a good awareness of "what's goin' on in there" without having to keep opening it up. Once this is achieved, this last time I gave it one whole day, I took the bag off and the bud dried pretty quickly on the exterior again, but it was not "crunchy" or "crisp" but rather just "frozen in time" or "stiff" to describe it's texture. If I were to squeeze it, it would still be spongey (but so can other pot even if it's overdried because it's just so dense, I have some overdried pot now that is still spongey, but clearly crispy on the outside, so be weary of this difference).

The temptation at this point, in my environment, is to try to get you guys' 10-14 day long dries. I cannot do that here. But trying in vain, a mistake I have made, is when the bud is dry on the outside again is to move it back to it's rehydrating area (paper sack, box, etc-- just not a jar yet), but at this point, my bud tricked me! It was already the perfect rh% to be jarred right there, and that is what I learned, FINALLY, this last time around. NOT TO DRY IT OUT "ONE MORE TIME" and attempt to do the sweat again. I cannot pull another full sweat cycle. Once I put it in jars after the initial balancing of moisture and just a little fresh air time, it is ready to go in the jar and the outside of the bud was protected from getting wrecked.

So for my area, to summarize all I have said, this may apply to you-- forget rh% and just go by feel, texture, the "bend chart" here is a wonderful addition to the knowledge of "what it means" to have the stem "snap" ... I mean, that is descriptive, I like descriptive, especially when we are dealing with something that is highly variable from location to location-- rh% cannot be relied on as a universal standard across the board. It just can't. Ambient rh% is involved and there is no "control," you have your bud rh% and your ambient rh% and there is no third "control" rh% for everyone to measure against to make adequate adjustments. In the past, I have used Boveda 62% packs to get mildew "musty" buds and powder mildew and have even found when the hygrometer reads 55%-60% rh (described in a lot of the charts as the ideal "cure zone") in the jar that it is still entirely too moist and there is a strong desire to then "remedy" this moisture with taking the buds completely out, which will result in a quick overdry, so I freak out and try to burp them, usually end up burping them too long, or thinking I'm burping too much and I either get the powder mildew or overdry buds.

So, my last harvest was Pineapple Express (don't judge me) and this is what I did, keep in mind with no intervention the entire plant hung upside down, trimmed, will dry to a cracker in about 3 days:
Day 1: Harvested, trimmed, hung it
Day 2: "Oh my, look, the outside is getting pretty dry already." Grabbed trash bag and looped it over the entire plant and tie it off at the top.
Day 3: Took bag off, "Oh look, the moisture from the inside redistributed to the outside." Wait a couple hours, wondering what I should do this time around, remembered I am tempted to try to sweat it one more time, but that is where I always mess up. Conclusion: I will check the stems. Stems snap at about 40 degree angle (40 degrees lol that is so specific), no danger of mold, stems broken off main branches, jarred, hygrometer was placed in jar, after 24 hours rh% read 47% (told ya you can't go by this number). It is vital to note this is the first grow I chopped and it smelled dank (not Nirvana seeds, by the way lol), when it was drying it smelled dank, and now in the jars when you pop the lid, it still smells the same, albeit it with a "humid air" about the jar that is not "musty" but perhaps best descriptive of when it's in the "zone." It smokes already and is not harsh at all, tastes, and smells great-- Wow, the smoke actually has flavor and the exhale smoke smells like weed this time! How exciting the simplest things can be!

Anyway, I found this thread after I knew what to look for-- I will try it next time by never letting the buds get fully "dry" on the outside-- maybe catch it a little quicker in the first 24 hours after harvest, gettin that bag on there, but I think feeling a little dry to the touch on the outside is a good indicator of when to throw that bag over it (lol like a matador) since of course you can't put the bag over it fresh off the plant-- because well, that would be stupid... in case anybody had any ideas. You never know. I have read a lot of dumb things and like I said, it has taken me this long, keeping notebooks and such, documenting everything I do. It's so important to treat the buds like they are curing right off the plant-- because they are. Throw out the window what you learned about "dry THEN cure" because that literally is contradictory since some moisture has to be present during the cure, so therefore if you "dried" before you "cure" then you did nothing but put dry buds in a jar, dry buds that are dry. But I would imagine based on environmental variables, it is probably indeed possible in many places to just hang, let it dry with no intervention and it's ready by the time it goes into jars, and this dry lasts 10-14 days. But really, during this "dry" it is literally already curing. This point cannot be hammered home enough.

Made account to write this book here. Started growing in 2012, have long since learned that info on the internet is often dumb and uneducated and contradictory statements are thrown out and nobody calls this BS because it becomes a gospel, when someone asks a common question (c0mmon because it hasn't been answered clearly so understanding is imparted to the questioner, which proves you actually don't understand yourself if you can't explain what ya did to get the results that ya did) and gets a "canned response" in return that comes from the "weed forums handbook of acceptable responses." So much emphasis is placed on nutes, flushing, all kinds of wacky shit, and while yes, growing a nice healthy plant is the first step, this is not the go-to answer for why your plant ended up like shit in the end and it can save everyone a tremendous amount of time to know they know how to grow, they don't need to go back to the drawing board on that one, but things can go very quickly wrong as soon as you harvest. Those that say the dry/cure process is the most important do have that part correct, but you cannot turn shit into gold, so if it's shit and you're pissed off, save yourself the hassle of either just dealing with it or throwing it out to avoid getting pissed everytime you smoke your stash and you hate it. These last few time I literally go so fed up that shit got fucked up in the dry again that I have seriously flushed ounces down the toilet! And this is overdried pot, not moldy pot. I just can't deal with it. You do it and do it and do it, and finally, you've smoked your last shitty batch of weed. I didn't start growing weed so I could still smoke garbage. So, another piece of advice-- up your standards for what you're willing to smoke--- "being able to get you high" definitely is NOT top priority in my book because I will go without it if it pisses me off everytime I smoke it because I just think about "what went wrong."

TL;DR Best advice given on the drying aka CURING (same thing) process ever written on the internet and it's funny because you stumble to it when you already suspect it to be the answer. So, thanks for the thread. Happy New Year.

S

stemznseedz

two runs ago I chopped a handful of runts at the pot and let them just hang there suspended by the double trellis for around 3 weeks. after that, I put them whole crammed into 55 gal trash bag. my plan was to just wax them so I figured this would work. the plants ended up staying in that bag with a few holes from the stalks for around 3 months. my room stays between 50-60% humidity and the bag was in a dark corner. I popped it open the other day and it's now my favorite bud I have.

K

Kbye

I concur on the method presented here. I have been growing for 4 or 5 years now... that is a LONG time to still be fussing with what-the-hell-is-happening during the drying/curing phase. It is infuriating how often the same crap is copy and pasted and people response to others' questions and do not speak from experience, and even if they are speaking from experience, they are not specific enough or detailed enough with their language and what they choose to type out.

I discovered this thread by typing "slow down dry trash bag" or something after having seen trash bags mentioned, just on a whim with no details given, other than to lead one to conclude it's some strange method akin to stacking your buds in papersacks... you tend to not think it can really help you at all and sort of overlook it.

I have spent most of my growing years using Nirvana seeds and became convinced that all of their strains were the same-- high-yielding, but invariably tasteless, scentless, harsh garbage with no discernible differences between the "strains," and while it still may be actually true that Nirvana's genetics are literally garbage, I have to admit, the whole distinguishing between "drying" and "curing" that you read so much has been maddening.
two runs ago I chopped a handful of runts at the pot and let them just hang there suspended by the double trellis for around 3 weeks. after that, I put them whole crammed into 55 gal trash bag. my plan was to just wax them so I figured this would work. the plants ended up staying in that bag with a few holes from the stalks for around 3 months. my room stays between 50-60% humidity and the bag was in a dark corner. I popped it open the other day and it's now my favorite bud I

What you describe here is only what I finally learned from experience-- after constantly questioning and doubting myself on my method of growing (DWC), if it's getting the "right" nutes, is it or it is not getting "flushed," air circulation, temps, humidity... Just every single thing you can imagine as it pertains to the grow, convinced *I* have to be messing something up somewhere. Combine that with reading advice on the internet and possibly shitting genetics, and you're stuck in a perpetual loop of never-learning-anything because what you do learn is then contradicted online.

Anyway, short story long: I live in an environment where every single harvest my plants, no matter if it's the entire plant or trimmed when it's hung, is dry as a bone in about 3-4 days. I have tried catching it before it's "overdry" (as they like to say all the time), only to end up with "musty" bud as you call it because it rehydrates in the jar! And if you take it out at this point to finish drying, like you mentioned, after it sweats like this, it dries exponentially faster than the first time-- talkin' in about a few hours here-- when you are tempted to take all the pot back out and let it air dry for another day or so, which then you end up with seriously cracker dry buds. But, hey, "they" said "when the stem SNAPS" so it must be right? So, it's jarred, only for the smell to completely disappear and the smoke to be harsh, throat-killing, old cigarette-smelling garbage. It literally smokes like it is stale-- and it probably is.

Combine the environment of getting a bone dry plant in 3 days with every possible method you can conceive of trying to "slow it down," and there you have every single harvest I have had for the last few YEARS. Time wasted, dreams dashed against the rocks. "This is gonna be the time.... nope."

I have tried drying in cardboard boxes with holes in them, in cardboard boxes in layers of newspaper, in cardboard boxes hung on strings, hung dried for one day and then placed in paper sack as a bundle of buds and rotated... and while all of these "methods" technically "work" at even-drying the bud, it is still "overdry" in the end, by the time they get jarred.

For my environment, here is where the "fix" is at: Despite the method used (I used a trash bag over my whole plant this last time, that's how I got here, get to that in a minute) to slow down the drying, what is IMPORTANT TO KNOW and is the HIGHLIGHT of this entire thread is that "drying" and "curing" ARE NOT SEPARATE PROCESSES. As it has been said by OP, pretty much when you cut your bud, the cure is on... It's only up to you now to keep your plant evenly moist AS it dries, not overmoist or it will mold, but preventing it, mainly, from getting too dried out and crunchy on the outside without redistributing the inner moisture of the buds and the stems/branches.

But ONCE you say "Hey, this bud is drying pretty fast" and notice it, which if you live in an environment like mine, you will be checking regularly (things change faster than 24 hours), that is WHEN it needs to have a trash bag placed over it OR paper sacks over it OR move them to paper sacks or whatever method works best for you to redistribute that inner moisture to the exterior surface of the bud (the exterior is where shit gets super harsh, fast), and let it redistribute the moisture like that, like OP said, checking sort of through the bag or just in general have a good awareness of "what's goin' on in there" without having to keep opening it up. Once this is achieved, this last time I gave it one whole day, I took the bag off and the bud dried pretty quickly on the exterior again, but it was not "crunchy" or "crisp" but rather just "frozen in time" or "stiff" to describe it's texture. If I were to squeeze it, it would still be spongey (but so can other pot even if it's overdried because it's just so dense, I have some overdried pot now that is still spongey, but clearly crispy on the outside, so be weary of this difference).

The temptation at this point, in my environment, is to try to get you guys' 10-14 day long dries. I cannot do that here. But trying in vain, a mistake I have made, is when the bud is dry on the outside again is to move it back to it's rehydrating area (paper sack, box, etc-- just not a jar yet), but at this point, my bud tricked me! It was already the perfect rh% to be jarred right there, and that is what I learned, FINALLY, this last time around. NOT TO DRY IT OUT "ONE MORE TIME" and attempt to do the sweat again. I cannot pull another full sweat cycle. Once I put it in jars after the initial balancing of moisture and just a little fresh air time, it is ready to go in the jar and the outside of the bud was protected from getting wrecked.

So for my area, to summarize all I have said, this may apply to you-- forget rh% and just go by feel, texture, the "bend chart" here is a wonderful addition to the knowledge of "what it means" to have the stem "snap" ... I mean, that is descriptive, I like descriptive, especially when we are dealing with something that is highly variable from location to location-- rh% cannot be relied on as a universal standard across the board. It just can't. Ambient rh% is involved and there is no "control," you have your bud rh% and your ambient rh% and there is no third "control" rh% for everyone to measure against to make adequate adjustments. In the past, I have used Boveda 62% packs to get mildew "musty" buds and powder mildew and have even found when the hygrometer reads 55%-60% rh (described in a lot of the charts as the ideal "cure zone") in the jar that it is still entirely too moist and there is a strong desire to then "remedy" this moisture with taking the buds completely out, which will result in a quick overdry, so I freak out and try to burp them, usually end up burping them too long, or thinking I'm burping too much and I either get the powder mildew or overdry buds.

So, my last harvest was Pineapple Express (don't judge me) and this is what I did, keep in mind with no intervention the entire plant hung upside down, trimmed, will dry to a cracker in about 3 days:
Day 2: "Oh my, look, the outside is getting pretty dry already." Grabbed trash bag and looped it over the entire plant and tie it off at the top.
Day 3: Took bag off, "Oh look, the moisture from the inside redistributed to the outside." Wait a couple hours, wondering what I should do this time around, remembered I am tempted to try to sweat it one more time, but that is where I always mess up. Conclusion: I will check the stems. Stems snap at about 40 degree angle (40 degrees lol that is so specific), no danger of mold, stems broken off main branches, jarred, hygrometer was placed in jar, after 24 hours rh% read 47% (told ya you can't go by this number). It is vital to note this is the first grow I chopped and it smelled dank (not Nirvana seeds, by the way lol), when it was drying it smelled dank, and now in the jars when you pop the lid, it still smells the same, albeit it with a "humid air" about the jar that is not "musty" but perhaps best descriptive of when it's in the "zone." It smokes already and is not harsh at all, tastes, and smells great-- Wow, the smoke actually has flavor and the exhale smoke smells like weed this time! How exciting the simplest things can be!

Anyway, I found this thread after I knew what to look for-- I will try it next time by never letting the buds get fully "dry" on the outside-- maybe catch it a little quicker in the first 24 hours after harvest, gettin that bag on there, but I think feeling a little dry to the touch on the outside is a good indicator of when to throw that bag over it (lol like a matador) since of course you can't put the bag over it fresh off the plant-- because well, that would be stupid... in case anybody had any ideas. You never know. I have read a lot of dumb things and like I said, it has taken me this long, keeping notebooks and such, documenting everything I do. It's so important to treat the buds like they are curing right off the plant-- because they are. Throw out the window what you learned about "dry THEN cure" because that literally is contradictory since some moisture has to be present during the cure, so therefore if you "dried" before you "cure" then you did nothing but put dry buds in a jar, dry buds that are dry. But I would imagine based on environmental variables, it is probably indeed possible in many places to just hang, let it dry with no intervention and it's ready by the time it goes into jars, and this dry lasts 10-14 days. But really, during this "dry" it is literally already curing. This point cannot be hammered home enough.

Made account to write this book here. Started growing in 2012, have long since learned that info on the internet is often dumb and uneducated and contradictory statements are thrown out and nobody calls this BS because it becomes a gospel, when someone asks a common question (c0mmon because it hasn't been answered clearly so understanding is imparted to the questioner, which proves you actually don't understand yourself if you can't explain what ya did to get the results that ya did) and gets a "canned response" in return that comes from the "weed forums handbook of acceptable responses." So much emphasis is placed on nutes, flushing, all kinds of wacky shit, and while yes, growing a nice healthy plant is the first step, this is not the go-to answer for why your plant ended up like shit in the end and it can save everyone a tremendous amount of time to know they know how to grow, they don't need to go back to the drawing board on that one, but things can go very quickly wrong as soon as you harvest. Those that say the dry/cure process is the most important do have that part correct, but you cannot turn shit into gold, so if it's shit and you're pissed off, save yourself the hassle of either just dealing with it or throwing it out to avoid getting pissed everytime you smoke your stash and you hate it. These last few time I literally go so fed up that shit got fucked up in the dry again that I have seriously flushed ounces down the toilet! And this is overdried pot, not moldy pot. I just can't deal with it. You do it and do it and do it, and finally, you've smoked your last shitty batch of weed. I didn't start growing weed so I could still smoke garbage. So, another piece of advice-- up your standards for what you're willing to smoke--- "being able to get you high" definitely is NOT top priority in my book because I will go without it if it pisses me off everytime I smoke it because I just think about "what went wrong."

TL;DR Best advice given on the drying aka CURING (same thing) process ever written on the internet and it's funny because you stumble to it when you already suspect it to be the answer. So, thanks for the thread. Happy New Year.

Thanks for the laugh jtp. Truly had tears rolling down by face, so true!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

@Palmettoman read this,it should help.its from the link either jumipincactus or jwm put up on your thread

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

This dude gets it. Apparently 95% of growers hate weed, if they need some set gospel to go by. I mean, shiite dudes do you even look at your weed? Stem snaps? At what angle? 45? 90? How can you leave out every important observation and replace it with some set idea? Paper bags? What climate? How do so many people replace observable variables with set guidelines? It reminds me of my ex wife, the one who said "I guess I just can't see the filth". Like how do you spend any time in an environment and not understand what's goin on? Just observe.

Really, 95% of e-growers don't smoke pot. Its obvious. They work for a pot factory who sends them on e-missions to gather data when sales are low. You just gotta know how to observe. Not wait for your boss to harass you.

Dont wad your bath towel up in a ball and expect it not to mold. Dont smear hotdog juice all down the inside of the fridge and expect it to be fun to clean up once it's cold and dry, a clogged pipe is a waste of weed, stop going into denial when your friends telling you they got liquid resin in their mouth. My God.. Use your brakes if the car in front of you stops and stop ruining your pot by simply not observing it with common sense. You dont set the oven timer for the TV dinners according to the packaging for any other reason than a backup in case you forget. You dont pull it out frozen or burnt proud that you followed directions. Scary world if this is how most people actually function.

If you cant spare a few nugs to squoosh between your fingers just to get a feel of, a few nugs to throw into different situations just to observe, to LEARN....

Point proven 95% of grow forums work for a pot factory, don't smoke, and want to do the accepted standardized methodology whether it makes sense or not.. But heaven forbid variables be involved. Like a chef who doesn't taste his soup after adding salt.. There's no other way a pot grower can know so little about the plants he's tending for months. I've been curing buds in plastic bags my entire life, paper bags have no use in some climates, they do in others..Yet no one will ever ask "What region bro?" before spewing the same standardized crap they read from some braindead media expert who seems to thrive on snail paced revisionism...

Can we give Clockworx the e-grower valour award? I love what he says about drying vs curing. If these are two distinct events you're basically in repair/recovery mode during the second part from fucking up the first part.

Next time you take a piss everyone, don't measure the distance between your dick and the wall, just observe and you'll get it right

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

This dude gets it. Apparently 95% of growers hate weed, if they need some set gospel to go by. I mean, shiite dudes do you even look at your weed? Stem snaps? At what angle? 45? 90? How can you leave out every important observation and replace it with some set idea? Paper bags? What climate? How do so many people replace observable variables with set guidelines? It reminds me of my ex wife, the one who said "I guess I just can't see the filth". Like how do you spend any time in an environment and not understand what's goin on? Just observe.

Really, 95% of e-growers don't smoke pot. Its obvious. They work for a pot factory who sends them on e-missions to gather data when sales are low. You just gotta know how to observe. Not wait for your boss to harass you.

Dont wad your bath towel up in a ball and expect it not to mold. Dont smear hotdog juice all down the inside of the fridge and expect it to be fun to clean up once it's cold and dry, a clogged pipe is a waste of weed, stop going into denial when your friends telling you they got liquid resin in their mouth. My God.. Use your brakes if the car in front of you stops and stop ruining your pot by simply not observing it with common sense. You dont set the oven timer for the TV dinners according to the packaging for any other reason than a backup in case you forget. You dont pull it out frozen or burnt proud that you followed directions. Scary world if this is how most people actually function.

If you cant spare a few nugs to squoosh between your fingers just to get a feel of, a few nugs to throw into different situations just to observe, to LEARN....

Point proven 95% of grow forums work for a pot factory, don't smoke, and want to do the accepted standardized methodology whether it makes sense or not.. But heaven forbid variables be involved. Like a chef who doesn't taste his soup after adding salt.. There's no other way a pot grower can know so little about the plants he's tending for months. I've been curing buds in plastic bags my entire life, paper bags have no use in some climates, they do in others..Yet no one will ever ask "What region bro?" before spewing the same standardized crap they read from some braindead media expert who seems to thrive on snail paced revisionism...

Can we give Clockworx the e-grower valour award? I love what he says about drying vs curing. If these are two distinct events you're basically in repair/recovery mode during the second part from fucking up the first part.

Next time you take a piss everyone, don't measure the distance between your dick and the wall, just observe and you'll get it right
dude what the fuck are u talkin about? Mouldy towels and measuring your dick?get to fuck outta here.if your not gonna ad a sensible post wether you agree or disagree then just say fuck all.you come off like a fuckin rambling screw ball and I'm no clearer on whether your agreeing or disagreeing with the dude.youv clearly smoked too much today.

clockworx

clockworx

I am alive ! Just finished building a mega room and about to get shit craxkin ! I've read your comments and see the "passion?" Some of you have for bud... my x girl had that same "passion" and I had to get a restraining order on that @ss... don't abuse your nugs by stroking them like a cat... keep shit simple.... peace

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I am alive ! Just finished building a mega room and about to get shit craxkin ! I've read your comments and see the "passion?" Some of you have for bud... my x girl had that same "passion" and I had to get a restraining order on that @ss... don't abuse your nugs by stroking them like a cat... keep shit simple.... peace
glad to see your still around CW

Stewster

Stewster

View attachment 341878 Hello farmers, due to the high volume of friends asking how I dry and cure, I've decided to make a step by step guide to my method. This will include everything from chop to smoke. After many many harvest and experimenting with every cure method under the sun I've come up with the most simple way to get dank nuggets that keep their amazing smell and look rite up to the point where they get smoked, vaped, or whatever else people do with them. So here is the step by step way to avoid the hay and mayday !!

Things you will need : giant black trash bags
Giant paper leaf bags
A line to hang branches

(1) I pull all fan leaves off the plant while she is still standing(smaller indoor plants). Its much faster this way, larger out door plants get cut into smaller branches then plucked.
(2) I cut the plant into manageable large branch sections, at the same time I trim the bud leaves if they are not frosty or I want them to make another product otherwise I leave them on to become part of the finished buds. After doing this for a long time you will be able to trim branches like the Flash.
(3) I hang the branches on the line evenly spaced trying to keep buds of the same size next to each other. This is the air drying step and the key is DRY SLOW...this step is a big factor in how your buds will smell and taste so don't rush. The temp 65-70 humidity 50-60%...you should stay as close to those numbers as possible for a slow dry. If you use a fan in the room it should never hit the buds directly, only use it to keep the air moving, if the air is blowing on the buds the branches will dry to quick.
(4) in 10-14 days the buds will feel a tad crisp on the outside but the centers will still be plenty moist to continue the slow dry/cure. With my method the dry/cure are one swift step where drying smoothly turns to curing. When the buds are crisp I slide branches into groups, the size of each bundle depends on the size of bags being used (bigger the better).
(5) I pull the black trash bag up over the groups of branches and tie a loose knot at the top, at the same time push most of the air out. When done with this step you will have a drying line with a bunch of bags hanging and buds with the moisture being slowly pulled back out. Don't open the bags to check if they are moist again, just feel them thru the bag. This keeps you from losing the moisture inside the bags.
(6) when the buds feel crisp again you can do 1 of 2 things. (1) You can open the bags and let them air dry again and keep doing that on and off process, you will notice every round will require less time to dry and more time to be moist until you get to the point were you are ready to snip the buds off the branches and put them in jars. The buds will be tight but evenly moist and won't need to be burped if done correctly. Always check them the first few times you try this method tho, buds can be sneaky and fool you into thinking they are ready for jars. The branches will have a crisp snap sound but will not crack like a dusty dry stick. If you kept the bigger buds with the bigger buds and smaller with smaller then each group will dry evenly.
The number 2 option is using the large paper leaf bags to slow the process down even more. If using those bags the principle is the same but the paper bags bring the buds to an even moist and allows you to leave the buds inside longer and really slow things down....either way you will end up with finished buds that are nice and tight with zero damage and a DANK SMELL....when the buds get put into jars the smell will already be there but the taste will get sweeter with every passing day...
View attachment 341894 View attachment 341893
Awesome post. Good temps and humidity. Some terpenes start degrading at temps above 68%.

Andy

Andy

Hi Clockworx, are you still there? I know this is now quite a while after the last post, but I’m ecstatic to have finally found a no-nonsense cure method & wondered if I might ask a question?

how long does the bag method extend the time the plants are hanging up drying/curing? I see that you start using the bags after 10-14 days. Does it take as long as a week after that for the buds to finish & be able to be put in jars, or just a few days?

313 Terps

313 Terps

Hi Clockworx, are you still there? I know this is now quite a while after the last post, but I’m ecstatic to have finally found a no-nonsense cure method & wondered if I might ask a question?

how long does the bag method extend the time the plants are hanging up drying/curing? I see that you start using the bags after 10-14 days. Does it take as long as a week after that for the buds to finish & be able to be put in jars, or just a few days?
Not sure if @clockworx is gonna respond in a timely manner, so let me chime in and offer some advice. If u go back up in the thread a few post this guy named @RippedTorn dropped a GEM of a write up so KUDOS to him first and foremost. Not all of us Lack comprehension skills, so to some of us what he said made PERFECT SENSE and was DEFINITELY FAR from crazy ramblings. Ok so here's his POINT ... YOU MUST OBSERVE AND ADAPT TO YOUR OWN GROWING ENVIRONMENT to ENSURE A SLOW AND EVEN DRY... There is no set amount of days for anything because we all live in different REGIONS WORLDWIDE! We all grow/dry with different environmental factors at work and for anyone to just give you the "flat out cut and dry answers" that you seek is flat out IRRESPONSIBLE and at the end of the day USELESS and misleading and will end up sending you into the TAILSPIN that @gtp spoke of trying to figure out where you're going Wong.... BUT @clockworx PROCESS IS SOUND! You just have to adjust and tinker with the process to make it SUITABLE FOR YOUR GROWING/DRYING ENVIRONMENT to achieve what you set out to achieve, so throw out all the TIMES and SET NUMBERS of days ideology...and just observe and adjust accordingly... but most importantly OBSERVE!!!!... @RippedTorn ... wherever you are that was A GEM u dropped there buddy! 💯🙌🙌🙌🙌

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom