1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
coming up on the 3 week mark
coouple things i noticed.Plants under the CMH look greener and healthier.They are a little bit bigger but not much.Maybe a tad taller on the stretch.Plants are right around 5 feet from the floor.About another foot to go on the stretch.
I noticed on the COBS the plants seem to have more bud sites and seems like they are flowering a little heavier.Im very impressed with the CMH so far but not sure if it is worth the extra 400 watts to run it over the cobs.Its pulling almost 1150 watts from the wall and the cobs are pulling 800.Time will tell as far as yield goes.
Done the final trim below the screen and got everything settled in.the screen was raised another 6 inches so its pretty much where it is going to stay for the run.

View attachment 829337

View attachment 829338

CMH
View attachment 829339
COBS

View attachment 829340
Looking nice and healthy.

F

FutureGrower

i think u'll find the light is making the cob plants look different....
they probly just as green....
everything lookin on point :badboy:

Yeah I don't really understand it but my cmh makes my plants look way nicer than my LED til you turn it off and look under equal light.

I mean I'm using 3500k in my LEDs and 3100k in my CMH but there's a big visual difference lol

He probably has defoliated already and seen them under equal light though

bicky studs

bicky studs

Yeah I don't really understand it but my cmh makes my plants look way nicer than my LED til you turn it off and look under equal light.

I mean I'm using 3500k in my LEDs and 3100k in my CMH but there's a big visual difference lol

yeah, probly.
somtimes i think my plants are lookin off but with normal light lush as fk.
i run 2700k in flower so its all golden:love2:

Medigrow

Medigrow

I'm hook @heisenbubble ! Have to wait your VS before I order anything... :eyepiece:

Medigrow

Medigrow

Do you use 3500k for both veg and flo ?

F

FutureGrower

Do you use 3500k for both veg and flo ?

Yes sir. I have 20 of the 44" eb2 strips attached to a meanwell hlg600 @ .7anps (running them very soft.)

This was my first ever build I would do many things different but it was right for me at the time for its simplicity.

20180917 101619
greencraft

greencraft

Awesome thread @heisenbubble great info !
Plants looking great too very interested in how this grow turns out
nice to be able to see how a product performs in real world conditions .

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , what is the kelvin on the nanolux CMH ? I have a deal on a hortilux that comes with 2 bulbs... But wondering if we can do veg & flo with the nanolux 1k cmh. Toooooo many questions in my head eheh

Thank you sir!

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble did you try nanolux 1000w 3k for vedge?
As for cob, did you tried 3.2k/3.5k for vege and flo? Trying to build a simple setup here but would be awesome to get one cob with unique kelvin (i guess 3500k would do) that does both and doing it greatly! Your first thread with cob vs mh... WOW! :D Can't wait to see this one finish :D
Thanks again! :)

login

login

I've got the 1000 watt LF square wave ballast. i ordered last year but the manufacturer said the cmh 1000 bulbs were defected at that time so ive been running hps.
Also I have a problem with some hps
bulbs not working in these LF ballast.
but I think it's because some of my reflectors are not 6kv.

But I was looking at the new cmh spec sheet and the bulb works only on 50/60 hz sine wave??? But they sold me square wave ballast so dose this bulb work with 140hz square wave too??? and not responding to my emails hmmmm???

View attachment specification 1000W Ceramic Metal Halide Lamp CMH-1000W T32.5 DE 3K.pdf
Medigrow

Medigrow

I allready miss the notification about heisenbubble updating that thread! ahah :)

H

heisen

The plants on the left under the CMH are bigger hands down.The 1000CMH is killing it.BUT i really think the plnts under the cobs have more bud sites on the colas,The cobs and the CMH are both 3000K so there is no difference there.I believe this is from the fact the cobs are giving off alot more light points and its more even.This has been an observation and i do think the 800 watts of cobs will yield more than the 1100 watts of CMH.
20180919 060642

login

login

looks to me like, the cmh plants are stretching a little more than the cobs and makes them look like they have more bud sites.

I'm gearing up for a 12k cmh run. with 18 plants with a 2 month veg.
in a mix of coco and growstones DTW using dosers.
will start the flip around first of Npv.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The plants on the left under the CMH are bigger hands down.The 1000CMH is killing it.BUT i really think the plnts under the cobs have more bud sites on the colas,The cobs and the CMH are both 3000K so there is no difference there.I believe this is from the fact the cobs are giving off alot more light points and its more even.This has been an observation and i do think the 800 watts of cobs will yield more than the 1100 watts of CMH.
View attachment 831119
I got my money on the cmh. Stretch equals yield! Only reason to control stretch is height restrictions.
We shall see

H

heisen

Those are the Wedding cake,They do it under the Cobs also.The GG on the left end is more layed down,Those wedding cake clones really pray.All the plants are super happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom