Sunset Sherbert - Blue Cheese

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well i dug her up to find out.i think i have broken it which is pretty amazing really as when you look at top pic its not lst much ,same as other plant..nothing gas eaten it....i can pretty much put it back together and you wouldnt know its broken..broken right where its like celery...so my bad lol.....first one ever! Pic .View attachment 837494

Yup, there it is. If the top had neen in contact with water it could have held out for quite some time before kicking the bucket. Too bad you didn't know. You might have been able to turn it into a clone and recovered it over a couple weeks. I think that can be done, though I'm not completely certain.

Madmax

Madmax

Pwaahahaha! I'm very flattered that you've taken the time to do that man, but spoiler alert, l theres a lot of filler in there. Especially between the growing seasons. Though it's probably not a bad idea to read it around late Nov-Dec 2017 if you're ever interested in making rosin. I've got a nice chunk dedicated to when I learned to make rosin and bit later when i was learning how to make vapes. This year I plan for there to be actual growing going on in it through the winter.

I'm kinda embarrassed at how much of a noob I was. I didn't know sh*t about growing when I started last year but I'm sure you know that since you've read it. I'm kinda glad they don't allow editing of posts after 30min because I definitely would have changed or erased some history re: my dumber moments and assumptions. Because I couldn't, you get an unfiltered look at someone starting as a total nervous wreck with pretty much zero growing acumen, maturing into a mostly cool & calm, fairly competent grower. If it weren't for help and mentoring the folks on this forum, like FarmerP, Jumpincactus, dboy510, Budbogart, Cerveres, Toaster79, G gnome, etc... it would have been a different story completely. I really miss Ceveres and dboy510, they were learning at the same time I was. I hope everyone from this season sticks around. If you want to see someone who's really grown in leaps and bounds, check out FarmerP's grow diaries. What was once a cinder block chicken coop in his yard has been transformed in to a bada$$ grow room over the last year and a half. That dude has some mad skills.

Again, thank you very much for taking all that time to read my Grow Log.
Thats okay dude :) I like reading other peoples grow diarys..your is very interesting,its just about got everything in it..pretty much from the word go i think you knew what you wanted to do and how to achieve a great result..if it wasnt for pests taking away some of your thoughts maybe you could of thought of trying something different who knows..id absolutely hate having pests...i wish it was legal where i am so i can grow some monsters and not have to worry bout them being seen,so thats why i dont use super soil etc..i gotta keep em nice and low here....it was a pretty cool read on making the rosin...that press sure looks the goods.im subbed in for your nxt grow

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Omfg ..not good pic .. found where the aphids are coming from.6 rose bushes absolutely chocko block couldnt even see the stemthey were that thick ..ive sprayed the b jesus out of them and will have to do this for a few weeks i reckon till i wipe em out..gee they wernt there a week ago..
20181024 155834

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Unfortunately aphids are an all,too common problem it seems these days. I unfortunately see them in clients gardens and on plant stock at nurseries all the time. I never remember aphids being such a problem in the past, but they are out in force these days. I hope you are able to keep them under control; though it will likely be a constant battle from here. Make sure you are using two or three different products to eradicate them, otherwise they will make it through and infest again this time being resistant to whatever you had used to control them.

Madmax

Madmax

I feel like ripping the roses out but the ol girl will go off her head.i used some aphid spray.that white oil i had and powdered them with de. put some at base too..so that azamax is the best...seems there only roses im less concerned about them.id like to put a box over them then run a pipe from the car into box and start it up .:D

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Did you apply all those at the same time. And don’t pull the roses, they may be taking the brunt of the infestation. The roses may be preferred food for the aphids and if you remove them then the remaining aphids may flock right to your important plants.

Madmax

Madmax

Yep lol haha..that was 5+ hours ago.just went out then and gave them more aphid spray
The active constituents pyrethins 0.25 g/kg and piperonyl butoxide 1g/kg

Poor rose bushes lol are copping it..only seen a few moving.there is a light wind and i could mist it through the bushes.im thinking about hosing them down tomorrow to help the plant survive all the insecticide on leaves.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thats okay dude :) I like reading other peoples grow diarys..your is very interesting,its just about got everything in it..pretty much from the word go i think you knew what you wanted to do and how to achieve a great result..if it wasnt for pests taking away some of your thoughts maybe you could of thought of trying something different who knows..id absolutely hate having pests...i wish it was legal where i am so i can grow some monsters and not have to worry bout them being seen,so thats why i dont use super soil etc..i gotta keep em nice and low here....it was a pretty cool read on making the rosin...that press sure looks the goods.im subbed in for your nxt grow

Thank you so much. In the beginning I didn't know what to do but I did know what I wanted from other resources. That's why my diary is more of a photo journal than anything else. I tried to post pics of things I had trouble finding as a new grower (ie, pest damage and preflowers). I try to be new grower oriented and I take thousands of pics you guys will never see. I pick only the clearest, and if possible, artistically pleasing photos. Took over 15k photos with my Pentax last year. 99%+ were of my girls.

I'm so glad that to hear that my grow diary is accomplising what I set out for it to do. You made my day, man.

My oldest sister was a well know photo journalist and my greatest hero (and pot connoisseur, hehe). I always wanted to be a photographer just like her. I'm getting older now, almost as old as her when she passed, and the damage to my body from my illness is severe. So, it unrealistic that I will truly follow in her footsteps, but if I can I would still like to make marijuana photography an acceptable form of art in my community.

I live in a place where a good portion of the population has been growing pot for generations but the subject of marijuana has always been taboo. We are necessarily secretive for the sake of self preservation, since growing, though Cali legal for medical users since '96 and more recently 100% state legal, is still technically illegal due to federal law. The Feds (DEA) are real motherf^ckers and people who get busted still do serious prison time. So the stigma will remain until the U.S. laws change. The DEA doesn't want to allow legalisation because they make most of their operational money from confiscating our property through busts. F^cling bastards know that marijuana is benign but they are hell bent on retaining their revenue stream.

Omfg ..not good pic .. found where the aphids are coming from.6 rose bushes absolutely chocko block couldnt even see the stemthey were that thick ..ive sprayed the b jesus out of them and will have to do this for a few weeks i reckon till i wipe em out..gee they wernt there a week ago..View attachment 837728

Roses, I love roses. Got in trouble when I was a kid and was sentenced to a few months (30+ days) of weekends doing work project in the old Sacramento Cemetery. The Rose Society ladies who volunteered there saw that I had a knack for manicuring them and took me under their wing and taught me care and clone propagation. By the time I finished the roses under my care were blooming off the hook. Been a rose person ever since. (Some of those roses were over a hundred years old and the hips/seeds were sought after worldwide because they predate any genetic patents. It was a real treat taking care of them.)

Unfortunately, where I live roses are the favorite food of forest rats (deer) and I can't grow them here easily. My area is ridiculously overpopulated with deer because doe hunting licences are only given out in small numbers. I've had those b*tches break down a 6 foot (2 meter) wooden fence to get to my roses. I'm planning on building an 8 foot heavy wire fence to keep them out so I can grow again next spring. Yay!

Try Trizicide on those aphids if you can get a hold if it where you live. Way, way, way, cheaper than Azamax and more effective. It slaughters everything. Wiped out the nearly un-killable Broad Mites on my girls this last summer. I found it for $9(US) on Amazon right now. My local Hydro store carries it for $12(US).

71sFmh7nE6L AC SL1500

https://www.amazon.com/Spectracide-...triazicide&dpPl=1&dpID=51T-0SgS-1L&ref=plSrch

Hopes this helps.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Sorry to hear bout your sister bro..the world can b a cruel place to live hey..
I think in one of our states your allowed 4 plants but cant exceed so many ounces.they just love giving you fines here but if you get busted 3 times in under 10 years you get a small sentence depending on actuual size of crop that could range from good behavior for 2 years or up to 5 yrs jail. ...i got done with near 100 plant and all i got was a fine..bit like a slap on the wrist i thought..man was i peed off..we have heeaps of deer here also but 95% stay up in the mountains .wouldnt mind going for a shot actually when season comes back in..love the venison.bit better tasting than cows being fed grain and god know what..
Dpnt think we have triazicide here.mostly all have pyrethrin .i tell you what that cheapo aphid spray i got today put a big dent in them .faaaark ..you should of seen them man .that shit knocked em for 6.i should of put a tray underneath to show yous how many were on them i coulldnt believe it actually ,there were black winged ones,green winged ones.fat bastards with no wings.and these ones that looked like white flys .id like to fumigate the fuckers :D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sorry to hear bout your sister bro..the world can b a cruel place to live hey..
I think in one of our states your allowed 4 plants but cant exceed so many ounces.they just love giving you fines here but if you get busted 3 times in under 10 years you get a small sentence depending on actuual size of crop that could range from good behavior for 2 years or up to 5 yrs jail. ...i got done with near 100 plant and all i got was a fine..bit like a slap on the wrist i thought..man was i peed off..we have heeaps of deer here also but 95% stay up in the mountains .wouldnt mind going for a shot actually when season comes back in..love the venison.bit better tasting than cows being fed grain and god know what..
Dpnt think we have triazicide here.mostly all have pyrethrin .i tell you what that cheapo aphid spray i got today put a big dent in them .faaaark ..you should of seen them man .that shit knocked em for 6.i should of put a tray underneath to show yous how many were on them i coulldnt believe it actually ,there were black winged ones,green winged ones.fat bastards with no wings.and these ones that looked like white flys .id like to fumigate the fuckers :D

Thanks for the respects. My sister passed about 20yrs ago, lived a life most of us only dream about, and was in a good place with the Lord, so I had peace about it. My dad had 6 kids from 3 marriages so there's quite the spread in age difference, lol. I'm the youngest, by far, and one of the last three.

Over half our state's have legalised it to different extents and most of the rest are well on their way. Over a hundred plants here and you're tempting the Feds to bust you with big charges (even Cali licensed commercial growers). It's absolute bullsh*t, but on the other hand it helps to keep those money hungry commercial pricks under control.

Our neighbor to the East, Nevada, was the one that blew my mind. They went from a felony for internal posession (being high) and possible life sentences for even small sales, to legal recreational use in just a few years. They have a lot of meth-heads over there because pot smell was too much to cover up and if they were going to get busted it might as well be for something worth the felony charge. Nevada is a second home to me and I'm only 1.5hrs from Reno. Everybody around here is constantly going to Tahoe or Reno for gambling and skiing.

Yeah, we have a lot of aphids here in Cali too. But I've only seen them mass like that during the hot summers in SoCal. We're an ag state with almost every climate zone, so you name a pest and we've probably got it in abundance. Pyrethrins generally work the best for most pests.

Madmax

Madmax

Whats up..hmm...think the girls have an iron deficiency.yellowing of the top leaves..could b because of the little bit of stress theyve been under lately or the cool conditions with damp soil??..soil ph is between 6.3-6.7 so theres no lock out but maybe the nutrients in chicken,cow manure etc is not allowing it to b taken up...ive been giving them cal mag which also has nitrogen iron ..i'll see how they go in a week or so to see if it clears up.ive misted the de off leaves..thatscwhy grounds wet..first one is fugly shes been knocked about heaps..pics
20181026 144128

20181026 164112
20181026 145049

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats up..hmm...think the girls have an iron deficiency.yellowing of the top leaves..could b because of the little bit of stress theyve been under lately or the cool conditions with damp soil??..soil ph is between 6.3-6.7 so theres no lock out but maybe the nutrients in chicken,cow manure etc is not allowing it to b taken up...ive been giving them cal mag which also has nitrogen iron ..i'll see how they go in a week or so to see if it clears up.ive misted the de off leaves..thatscwhy grounds wet..first one is fugly shes been knocked about heaps..picsView attachment 838144
View attachment 838147 View attachment 838148

Looks to me like they're water logged. Let them dry out a bit and I bet they'll perk right up.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah they are moist.they havnt been able to dry out.and cant give them nutes..i should of threw 10 ltres of perlite in ground for aeration.funnything is though when summer starts they probably wouldnt hold the moisture in.ilive in a cool climate and can have 4 seasons in one day..in jan feb and march it will b in mid 20 s to low 30 deg cel..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah they are moist.they havnt been able to dry out.and cant give them nutes..i should of threw 10 ltres of perlite in ground for aeration.funnything is though when summer starts they probably wouldnt hold the moisture in.ilive in a cool climate and can have 4 seasons in one day..in jan feb and march it will b in mid 20 s to low 30 deg cel..

Try mixing in around 20% expanded clay pellets next time. Pearlite only works to sluff water, whereas expanded clay is bi directional. It will sluff once it becomes saturated and will release held moisture as the soil around it dries. I always use them now. The exception of them in my recent tent grow was due to financial restrictions (I'm poor right now).

Those are summer months for you, right? I understand highly erratic weather conditions with rapid wide temp swings. I live in the NorCal Sierras.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Do you have one of these meters? Really helps to take the guesswork out of it.

20181026 085214

IMO, there's no point in trying to feed already saturated plants. If their circulatory system is overfilled I would think that they're primarily evacuating water and their nutrient uptake would be severely restricted until there was room for exchange again. ...but this is just my opinion. I don't know this for a fact.

Madmax

Madmax

Ill try to remember that nxt time around,this year ive gone completely against the the norm. just to see how they grow..im all for trying different ways.thats the only way you'll learn hey.i dont mind if they bugger up.wasnt really learning much the other.i had the principle less is more.nothing was goingwrong and gettin a zip a plant..was happy with that.so now im getting def and its interesting and i see it as a challenge.yeah summer starts in nov it will still b cool till christmas with the odd warm day..summer wraps up in feb but it still warm weather through march .tomorrow is 14 deg cel and 3 overnite,so you can see its not ideal for them as these plants would not b accustomed to to our climate.hence why id like to self a couple or put say a quick critical pollen on a sherbet and get the strains accustomed to our climate...

Madmax

Madmax

Do you have one of these meters? Really helps to take the guesswork out of it.

View attachment 838163

IMO, there's no point in trying to feed already saturated plants. If their circulatory system is overfilled I would think that they're primarily evacuating water and their nutrient uptake would be severely restricted until there was room for exchange again. ...but this is just my opinion. I don't know this for a fact.
Havnt got a moisture meter but have a bluelab .gee the ph can swing dramatically just adding 4 handfuls of cow manure..like from 6.2 to 6.5 etc..ever 5 deg in temperature up or down ph changes .07 .08 ..
20181026 172136

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ill try to remember that nxt time around,this year ive gone completely against the the norm. just to see how they grow..im all for trying different ways.thats the only way you'll learn hey.i dont mind if they bugger up.wasnt really learning much the other.i had the principle less is more.nothing was goingwrong and gettin a zip a plant..was happy with that.so now im getting def and its interesting and i see it as a challenge.yeah summer starts in nov it will still b cool till christmas with the odd warm day..summer wraps up in feb but it still warm weather through march .tomorrow is 14 deg cel and 3 overnite,so you can see its not ideal for them as these plants would not b accustomed to to our climate.hence why id like to self a couple or put say a quick critical pollen on a sherbet and get the strains accustomed to our climate...

Yup, I've learned waaaay more from failure than success.

When it becomes legal in your area, and I'm sure it will eventually, you'll be able to grow big like I do. But any outdoor plant should yield a lot. The smallest of the five plants I've harvested produced over 2.25lbs(1kg) of finely trimmed, fully cured, flowers. The plant I'm trimming tonight is my second largest. By what I've brown bagged so far I'm guessing I'm in the neighborhood of 3-3.5lbs(1.5kg). My biggest plant I'm expecting well over 4lbs(2kg). My guess is I'll hit around 15lbs(7kg) from six plants and that's without counting the 1.1lbs(500g) I collected from storm damage. Last year was my rookie year and I'm just starting to figure out what I'm doing. I will fill my 200gal(.75m cu) smartpots to the top this winter if I do well in trading (premade growing soil is expensive but it's stable and I'm in no physical condition to make my own.). They average only half full now and the deeper they are, the bigger my girls get. I'm also planning on mainlining next year and I think I can pull off 32 colas ea.

This is what you have to look forward to, so smile. Zips are a thing of the past for an outdoor grower, hahaha.

...and the scent of a "sun grown" plant is exquisite.

Make sure you stabilise them with plastic lattice or at least big tomato cages. Outdoor plants can get very heavy and branches come off easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom