First Grow - Need Advise! (pics)

• Thread starter Lollo84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lollo84

Lollo84

The answer to that depends on what your RH is, if it’s not high enough a humidifier is a good bet, but then with higher humidity air movement becomes more critical. Don’t know if you’ve got access to Amazon, but they’ve got plenty of them.
Here’s a picture of the one I’ve got, which works ok in a 4x4 tent.
Yep, can definitely use amazon. Can I ask what brand and model is that? And yes, I’ll improve airflow for sure.

MissBotany

MissBotany

One more question: I should buy a humidifier.
Any suggestion for my small tent?
Better cool mist or warm? Ultrasonic?
I would. Cool mist! It helps reduce the heat. My cool mist lowers my temp by about 5 degrees. The winter in my location is very dry. Without a humidifier during fall/winter my humidity would only be around 20%. A humidifier on high keeps my tent 50-60% during veg.

Monster762

Monster762

Idk I wouldn’t. Dark green leaves. How long in flower? Pistils red but looks about 3-4 weeks. Looks like you’re about to spit new white pistils too. Really need to see trichs. But I’m saying not to do it. Sometimes a little early is good but too early it’ll be straight trash

Lollo84

Lollo84

Idk I wouldn’t. Dark green leaves. How long in flower? Pistils red but looks about 3-4 weeks. Looks like you’re about to spit new white pistils too. Really need to see trichs. But I’m saying not to do it. Sometimes a little early is good but too early it’ll be straight trash
Spot on! it’s about 4 weeks in flowering now.
I’m super impatient to start new ones!! :)

Thanks for the advise. I guess I’ll wait then.

Lollo84

Lollo84

I just replaced the light with a more powerful one and installed an air pump and noticed these lighter spots, couple of scars and overall downwards leaves..
what can it be? Light too strong?
It’s a 600w led

2C12959B 9CC9 4970 A72C 76DE2989F9F6
07F104F9 A1BA 4B00 87DA 45210D118BAF
9728AF9E 59E4 415D 9326 3369199D3791
Dan789

Dan789

More pics
Hey @Lollo84 you might want to scope the bottom of the leaf shown in the first pic. Those little dots in the creases don’t look good, could be mites or something.
I would guess, that unless the light was right on top of the plant, that it’s not too strong. I’ve got a king plus 1200 fixture (bluple) that only draws 204 watts from the receptacle.

Lollo84

Lollo84

Hey @Lollo84 you might want to scope the bottom of the leaf shown in the first pic. Those little dots in the creases don’t look good, could be mites or something.
I would guess, that unless the light was right on top of the plant, that it’s not too strong. I’ve got a king plus 1200 fixture (bluple) that only draws 204 watts from the receptacle.

Hey Dan!
The light is about 2 feet away.. and that’s as far away as it can be unfortunately..
How far is your light from the top of your plants?

I looked behind the leaves and apart from the usual white jumping bugs in the soil, there isn’t anything else..

By the way, look what I got :D
Looks familiar??

317CFAAE 7E70 4C15 B231 13521ADDE486
Lollo84

Lollo84

Just bought neem oil and the one below, but from what I understood I can’t use any of them since I’m in flowering phase..

1AF380ED 5DF6 4947 A2E9 E09D2F709A0E
H

Highkev

Hello Everybody!

New 'farmer' here in need of advise from you experts :)

I've 2 plants of white widow (feminised and the ones that stay small).
Using normal potting soil and NPK as supplements.

It all started beg September

img_7273-jpg.838917

I'm using 2 LED lights since I read that they don't generate too much heat and they're quite cheap to run. Actually, I'd need your advise on distance and whether they're enough.
They are full spectrum lights, but you know.. Better ask!

img_7482-jpg.838923

This is the actual set up:
img_7481-jpg.838924

The first month and a half I went for 20 hours of light and 4 of darkness. They then stopped growing and I switched to 12/12.
I'm not seeing any 'stretch' during this period and, as you can see the plants are quite different in size, although they received the same treatment..

img_7483-jpg.838922

img_7486-jpg.838919

There are now few things I'm concerned about:
- Pests: there are small white bastards in the soil just under the surface that 'jump' when you poke them (How do I kill them?)
- Development: although some pistils are turning brownish, I'm not seeing any progress.. It seems like everything stopped..
- On one leaf there are these little yellowish spots (below). Any idea what that might be?
- Are the lights good enough?

bxZDtCF.jpg

Thanks all, I learned a lot reading around and I hope I'll be able to contribute once I get better at this :)
My advise is to go big or go home need more weed

H

Highkev

Mainlining bending pinching topping will help next time around

Lollo84

Lollo84

@Dan789
Do you use normal tap water for the humidifier or distilled?
Always using distilled water can get pretty expensive..

R

Rob 1985

The answer to that depends on what your RH is, if it’s not high enough a humidifier is a good bet, but then with higher humidity air movement becomes more critical. Don’t know if you’ve got access to Amazon, but they’ve got plenty of them.
Here’s a picture of the one I’ve got, which works ok in a 4x4 tent.

Can someone help me when is my plant so droopy overwatered nutrient lockout I did have some green algae on the side but I resolved that growing in Canna Coco coir 3 gallon smart pots
IMG 20181119 025038

Dan789

Dan789

@Dan789
Do you use normal tap water for the humidifier or distilled?
Always using distilled water can get pretty expensive..
Tap, is fine.
Even looking at the pic, whatever has/is happening, the edges of the plant seem to be growing. Shoot us a pic in regular light, don’t have to move the plant, just switch off your bluple light and use a flashlight or something, so we can see the real colors of the plant.

Top Bottom