Have To Leave Town Just Before Harvest

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I think my girls need three weeks or more more to ripen fully. I've gotta leave town on 30th.
I'm running 1000ppms co2 at about 78F on an 11/13 (day/night) schedule. Organic grow. Any tips on speeding up the ripening; are there any?

3 balls

3 balls

I think my girls need three weeks or more more to ripen fully. I've gotta leave town on 30th.
I'm running 1000ppms co2 at about 78F on an 11/13 (day/night) schedule. Organic grow. Any tips on speeding up the ripening; are there any?
I don't know if there's anything to the Autumning method, but it sounds like you're in a unique position to try it and share your thoughts.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Try 10/14. That might speed it up a little. Give you an extra few days. How long you leaving town for? If it’s just a couple days I wouldn’t sweat it. Just grab an automatic watering device off amazon and set it up a couple days before you leave. Otherwise you could water them and do three days (or so) of darkness. Either way let us know how long you’ll be gone and we can give you some better suggestions.

Erick31876

Erick31876

If you are only going for a few days, i would wait until you get back. I don't think a few extra days will Hurt. If you could let us know how long you are going 4 we can probably give you better feedback.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I left my plants 2 weeks with a drip irrigation setup hooked up to a timer but there was someone coming in and checking their status daily.

They will not grow vertically anymore so no chance of growing into the lights. A drip system calibrated to plants liking and every other thing is automated right now i assume, maybe it could work..

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d maybe change your lights to 10/14 and chop them just before you leave if you don’t have anyone who can help you while you’re gone.

Maybe do the last three days in complete darkness.

Otherwise you could super saturate them so they have enough water for about a week maybe week and a half and then let them die and dry on their own. They’ll probably fall over from the weight once they begin to dry but once you get back you can chop and finish the drying and curing process.

Neither is ideal but both could work.

Top Bottom