First Grow In New Room And It's All Wedding Cake

• Thread starter Task
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Nice setup green thumb, did it take a lot of time to dial everything in or was it a plug and go from the beginning of your final plans?

Task

Task

Here's a pano of the room as of yesterday too. Had to take a screenshot because the file was too large. Hope it doesn't compress it too muchView attachment 845522

Damn that's a nice set up!!!

I've since got my res plumbed through the bottom and did a nutrient exchange last night so when lights flip tonight I'm going to try and use the system if I have the same issues then I know I need to rebuild the pvc manifold. If so do you have any suggestions on how I should run the pvc in order to equalize pressure? I see you ran it passed your last octa on the table and to the end of your tables on the floor. I think this is the area on which I messed up the design. Do you think i should loop back to the pump after my last octa in order to achieve the same thing?

Task

Task

Now, keep in mind I didn't get to design these rooms from the ground up (I took the project over mid way through the first run due to some issues) so I basically used what was there (like submersible pumps, 2×4 stands for the trays, 1×1 for the trellis poles....) to keep costs to a minimum
Reservoirs have 2- 3/4 HP Coleman submersible pumps. Each pump runs half the garden (10 heads, 36 sprayers) with large filters with 120 or 80 micron filters (need to check the box)View attachment 845508 View attachment 845509
Both 1" drops come into the room and run straight to the back while T-ing off to each tray
View attachment 845511 View attachment 845512
The runs are two tables each with an 8 drop floraflex "octobubbler" feeding each tray
View attachment 845513 View attachment 845514
As you can see I run the 1" PVC past the last head and also past the last T's going to the tables to help equalize pressure as much as possible
View attachment 845516
The runoff comes out the end of the trays to a 3/4" PVC line that I run to a collection bucket which has a sump pump with a float insideView attachment 845517 View attachment 845518
The pump in the runoff collection bucket is the pumped into a marked barrel so I can measure volume of daily runoffView attachment 845520
These are the 360° sprayheads I use in all my pots. The stay super clean and are under 40 cents a piece when ordered in bulkView attachment 845521

Also what type if filters are those? They look like a bigger micron size then what I ordered

Task

Task

So after staying up for a few hours I figured out the problem with the drip system. Plumbing through the bottom definitely helped but didnt solve my issue. so then I wondered how it would work without the T split at each pot so I removed them and then bam more then equal pressure at all pots finally!! So new question how would someone go about splitting each emitter into 2 at each pot for equal coverage? I included a pic of the ones I built that didnt work.

20181207 024141
20181207 024232
20181207 024245
ethcan

ethcan

So after staying up for a few hours I figured out the problem with the drip system. Plumbing through the bottom definitely helped but didnt solve my issue. so then I wondered how it would work without the T split at each pot so I removed them and then bam more then equal pressure at all pots finally!! So new question how would someone go about splitting each emitter into 2 at each pot for equal coverage? I included a pic of the ones I built that didnt work.

You need to run more octobubblers. Each plant should have 2 lines, both coming off of an octobubbler. If you don't have enough pressure, divide your octobubblers up into zones and run each zone one and a time.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

If you finished that off into a complete ring with two T's as your drops instead of ending the "Y" like you did it would equalize the pressure as well. Just put a 3/16" T at the end of your two tube extensions and close them off with another piece of 3/16" hose

Task

Task

Here's my Wedding Cake room, Day 12 Flower. It's a 72 plant caregiver grow. I was short a couple WC's so I have 1 table of 4 Sour Jack plants in the back. Had to upload it to IG to get the size right first so I hope it doesn't compress the video too muchView attachment 845730

Lookin good! Dude these things stretch something fierce! Do you defoliate or let them go? I did the day before flip (tried to go with the one node and flip technique) and holy hell I think I should again at day 21 due to the stretch. Was wondering what you think or what your plan is cause it looks similar

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Lookin good! Dude these things stretch something fierce! Do you defoliate or let them go? I did the day before flip (tried to go with the one node and flip technique) and holy hell I think I should again at day 21 due to the stretch. Was wondering what you think or what your plan is cause it looks similar
I trimprune/ based on how the plant is growing and behaving, basically trying to get as much light to as many nodes as possible without any light making its way through the canopy and onto the ground. Different strains require different techniques

Task

Task

I trimprune/ based on how the plant is growing and behaving, basically trying to get as much light to as many nodes as possible without any light making its way through the canopy and onto the ground. Different strains require different techniques

For sure. Just thinking about my plan of action before I get in there. They look like they need a little prune action but not a super heavy one

Task

Task

You need to run more octobubblers. Each plant should have 2 lines, both coming off of an octobubbler. If you don't have enough pressure, divide your octobubblers up into zones and run each zone one and a time.

I thought about that but I dont believe that is the case. I've seen tons of people use these and none of them use 12 Octas for 48 plants and all of them have split outs, I just believe I split mine wrong. I'm pretty sure they just need to be a little longer and facing each other in order to equalize the pressure

schwab0619

schwab0619

Hey guys Task here. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days i just been busy. Heres a quick video of day 14. I'm going to start deleafing a bit here tomorrow until day 21 and then add the final trellis. But anyways these girls are killing it I'm really excited to see them fill in.

ethcan

ethcan

Hey guys Task here. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days i just been busy. Heres a quick video of day 14. I'm going to start deleafing a bit here tomorrow until day 21 and then add the final trellis. But anyways these girls are killing it I'm really excited to see them fill in.

They will really appreciate a leaf stripping at this point.

I'm not really sure what to say. Usually when people have pressure issues, the fix is to run a bigger pump, or split the octo's down into zones. You have a gnarly inline pump which should be able to handle the job.

That being said, I personally wouldn't ever T my dripper lines.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Here's my Wedding Cake room at day 20. Working on getting them thinned out as we speak as well
Here's my 72 plant room at day 20. I'm still in the process of getting them thinned out. Lots of fans to pull for one guy. You can see I got the first pass done on the first two rows and was working on the third when I took the video. These get chunky fast
View attachment 20181215_194919.mp4

Task

Task

Here's my Wedding Cake room at day 20. Working on getting them thinned out as we speak as well

Here's my 72 plant room at day 20. I'm still in the process of getting them thinned out. Lots of fans to pull for one guy. You can see I got the first pass done on the first two rows and was working on the third when I took the video. These get chunky fast
View attachment 847109

Damn those are looking great! Definitely going to flip mine sooner next time due to them being huge I swear this strain just keeps growing.

Task

Task

Hey guys heres a day 21 update from me as well. Everything's looking good. I had a small heat stress issue that only effected a few fan leaves so no big deal took care of it now we're rollin. Everything's stacking nicely they even have some pre frost going on. I stripped all the insides as well as pulled all the lowers again cause they where so tight. So as of now I did a strip 1 day before flip and at day 21 so we'll see what happens at day 41 possibly another strip.

20181220 083629
20181220 083636
View attachment 20181220_083842.mp4
Top Bottom