Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The 24 hour eye test suggests to me I am getting close with the O/O times that only my MDT- 1 provides.

Checking the young ladies this morning, one is a hermie, so heshe has been pulled. I may attempt to finish it outside for giggles

I slid the light directly over the young ladies, this means the mature ladies are only getting low light, which is probably good at this stage (~ 5-10 days to finish)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

checking this morning, the aero roots are still too wet at 6 seconds on, but I can see new lateral roots developing, so I dropped to 3 seconds on and 5 minutes off

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

1/3 harvested this morning

I overlooked > 12gms wet when I took the picture on the scale, so 56 + 12 =68 wett gms= ~ 23gms dry

Considering the tiny unhealthy root system, IMHO this is an amazing result

The young ladies are doing quite well in the lpa system

IMG 4567
IMG 4566
IMG 4569
IMG 4570

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

what I thought was a hermie flipped to total male, so I cut it down and put one of the remaining females in its place outdoors, where its a lot cooler hoping it might promote more trichs

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Since increasing ON time to 2 seconds and PAUSE to 6 minutes I am seeing new root hairs even out of the net pots

still, I soaked each plant in ~ 3% H2O2 today

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I added one gallon of fresh bloom nutes to the young ladies @ 1000ppm to invigorate growth. Rez was at <700ppm

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Roots and Shoots

Starting with the 2 remaining plants from the previous grow: the nuggz on the one I kept in the bubbler are tight, unlike the other plant that I moved outside, repotted into coco. I neglected o take a picture of her

The young ladies are still in the process of developing new lateral roots (see root pics) , so not much upper growth to speak of. Coming soon I hope

IMG 4573
IMG 4572
IMG 4576
IMG 4574
IMG 4575

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Harvested and trimmed the last big cola yesterday 61 gms + a small amount of tiny branches

That made room to bring the outdoor plant back in as she wasn't recovering. Once I pulled her from the coco, I could see why- no roots outside of the net pot. Hopefully the constant bubbles will revive her enough so I can at least make a decent hash

Today I did the h202 root dunk again

Getting reay to make fresh nutes

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Young ladies seem in a stall, most likely awaiting new roots to develop.

To expedite, I did a complete rez change and clean with h202 prior to adding fresh nutes

Fingers crossed

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I neglected to mention that when I cleaned the rez yesterday, I ran the h2o2 through the system for about 10 minutes, effectively cleaning the pump, filter, mist heads and pvc. That water was dumped then fresh nutes added

I also increased on time to 5 seconds with 6 minute pause, just until I see lots of new root development

This morning I checked ppm. It is only ~ 480 and ph was a touch high (6.8) and the girls are definitely perking up. I lowered ph to 6.2 and will bump pppm to ~ 700

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Sometimes I amaze myself with my stupidity
wallbash.gif

The on time increase was supposed to be seconds, but I manged to input the 5 in the minutes section, soaking the hell out of them

Changed to 5 seconds on an 6 minute pause

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Ok a recovery comparison of sorts is developing: Can I raise the near dead?

A couple days ago, I moved one plant from the lpa system to the bubble system to see if it would respond quicker. I checked the roots this morning and there are quite a few new shoots (see first pic)

I wanted to see how the lpa compares, but yesterday I noticed I screwed that up by setting the 'on' time to 5 minutes instead of 5 seconds. The lpa heads spray well above the bottom of the net pots, consequently, the roots and coco were soaked to the point that the coco inserts broke which dropped some coco into the roots (black spots). That's not a problem but... this morning the roots are still overly wet so I unplugged the pump for a couple hours to dry a bit. Still, I looked at the roots and saw new roots are shooting (see pic). I also moved one other plant to the bubbler; see roots (last picture)

The plants are thin from the lack of a developed and healthy root system, but should start fattening up now. Obviously they will be a shell of what they should have been

IMG 4581
IMG 4585
IMG 4582
IMG 4584
IMG 4583

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Now that recovery is obvious, I began backtracking: why now?

I have flushed and cleaned the tote, but DID NOT flush the h2o2 through the pump, pvc, and mist heads, which I did this time for 5-10 minutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I check root redevelopment daily. The bubbler is doing great, but not the lpa. Why?

Dialing in LPA O/O times is a PITA :mad:

The idea with LPA is similar to HPA: the roots should never be too wet or too dry: the key is to keep them tacky

Alas the roots are still too wet (which means the root hairs disappeared), so I blotted the roots, and decreased the on time to 3 seconds and off time to 12 minutes.:smoking:

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Saw some new roots popping out of the lpa this morning, but IMO the roots are still too wet, so I increased pause to 15 minutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Dropped 6 Tripleberry Seeds

I am ready to get a new grow going, and was gifted these seeds

I am confident I have a good understanding of what went wrong

Dropped them in water with light mineral salts

Let the games begin

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Getting ready for the new seeds that I will start in the bubbler (all 6 shells have cracked), I moved the remaining 2 bubbler plants; one to the lpa, the other outside.

I removed most of the bottom branches on all remaining plants as they didn't have any buds worth keeping

The roots in the lower left are from the bubbler

The plant moved outside from the bubbler looks healthy but again too small to produce much

IMG 4591
IMG 4590
IMG 4592
IMG 4593

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

1/15/2019: Dropped cracked seeds into coco pellets with a very dilute MegaCrop just to give them something to feed on

Top Bottom