Curing

• Thread starter MiaNunya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MiaNunya

I'm planning a large guerrilla grow this year (about 100 girls). It's my first time growing, but I've always been a go big or go home sorta gal.

I've got most of the big picture planned out except for one aspect: curing and trimming. I live in an apartment, so I can't do it there. Is it possible to do in a tent? What do some of you guerrilla growers do?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Large outdoor grow + tent drying idea = no sense...unless you have a circus tent... I'm just saying, you already sound like you have done zero research on any of this and are getting in over your head....
100 large plants will require some kind of large structure to hang & dry in like a barn or dedicated house.

Start with 5 or 10 & see what you can do, that's plenty of plant to give you pounds on pounds outdoor. My money is on you'll be overwhelmed with just that. It's all fun until you've got a grip of plants falling over & rotting/molding from the weather because you still cant finish trimming what you already chopped down.

M

MiaNunya

I can see where you are coming from, but I assure you that I have done research. I know I haven't done enough research yet, which is why I'm here asking questions. I feel there is so much to learn that I could research for 10 years and still have a long way to go. Right now I'm trying to get the big picture in place first, then focus on the details. That way I can focus on the aspects that are most relevant to my situation.

To give a reference, I'm doing 100 plants because this is my first grow and I'm expecting to lose most of my plants. I'm going with an auto flowering strain, which as I understand does not have as high of a yield as a photoperiod. Additionally, because I'm a growing virgin, I expect to make mistakes along the way which will further reduce my yield on the plants that survive. Because of my choice of an auto flowering strain, I should be ready to harvest in August which is an incredibly dry time where I live. I did this on purpose so I can reduce the risk of mold.

All that aside, even if I did as you suggest and only did 5-10 plants, I would still have the problem of not knowing where I'm going to cure and trim them.

Your criticism that I'd need a house or barn is fair. Maybe I'm underestimating the yield I'll end up with, and that's something that I'll need to look into further. If I end up with say 10 pounds or less, what are some low key ideas on places to cure and trim?

M

MiaNunya

Just thought about it and 10 pounds is still a lot higher than I'm expecting to have at the end of the grow

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just thought about it and 10 pounds is still a lot higher than I'm expecting to have at the end of the grow

10 lbs is 5-10 plants if I grow them. Boot to be rude but your going to waste a lot of time and money if you move forward like your suggesting. 100 plants is just a ton, what are your plans for care? Or plant and walk away?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

What you would like to yield is not super relevant at this point, but I get it that you have goals. I agree with Dbear. Keep it simple as possible first time and learn as you go. I’d limit it to 10 plants myself and just put effort into each instead of 100 that you can’t keep up with. You might end up with more smokable bud off keeping the plant count fairly low. Keep in mind, your starting with autos so you want to do a good job or it will be worthless plant matter.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

As far as curing anywhere outta view with a bit of air movement and not crazy low or high humidity will do. Don’t know what else to tell ya. Any room could work if you run a carbon filter to help with stank

M

MiaNunya

Alright, your collective wisdom is noted. 100 is probably a huge overreach. I'll adjust my plans to be a smaller grow my first time.

Jiujitsu, be rude all you want. I'd rather that than me losing everything to hubris.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Nobody wants to hurt your feelins’ It’s just new folks, on the daily, think it’s easy to get weight. Takes years of practice but that is the fun part. If your not in it for the love and it’s just a financial avenue, might as well just go to college or whatever. That’s easier money

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I remember my first round I thought I’d get pounds off my 400 watt street light but when I ended up with 3 ounces of mediocre bud I was still stoked

Last edited:
M

MiaNunya

In this market, I can think of much easier ways to make money. 10 years ago maybe, but now it's so cheap to buy, I'm not sure if it would be worth it. My goal is basically to cut my risk from having to buy from people I don't fully trust and know that what I'm buying isn't loaded with pesticides. I am providing for a few people (my parents recently started to cut out a few pills they have to take daily and my wife and I both smoke daily) so I need a decent amount put away.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Starting with the mentality of, "oh I'll have 100 so a bunch can die" is also a bad mentality to have.

In my life time of growing I've lost less than 80 plants/clones I cared about and that's probably coming up on like 12 years now. Set your self up with something you can dedicate the time & effort needed & she will pay you back ten fold. More plants doesnt always equal more bud, but it always equals more work. Smaller numbers with bigger stronger plants has always been my method.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

In this market, I can think of much easier ways to make money. 10 years ago maybe, but now it's so cheap to buy, I'm not sure if it would be worth it. My goal is basically to cut my risk from having to buy from people I don't fully trust and know that what I'm buying isn't loaded with pesticides. I am providing for a few people (my parents recently started to cut out a few pills they have to take daily and my wife and I both smoke daily) so I need a decent amount put away.
Have you considered a nice indoor tent? So nice to have a controlled enviro. A 4x4 or 5x5 can yield a few pounds if dialed in. Have a small veg tent so you can harvest every 2-3 months instead of 4-5

M

MiaNunya

I've thought about doing an indoor tent and even bought one a couple years ago. Our apartment is just too small currently. There's no out of the way place for it

Top Bottom