Autoflower Feeding In Coco

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hey,

I'm about to start feeding nutrients for my first autoflower grow. I'm curious though, as I start feeding should I be adding nutrients everytime I water if i'm not seeing any nutrient burn? Or should I be adding in a plain water feeding inbetween?

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey,

I'm about to start feeding nutrients for my first autoflower grow. I'm curious though, as I start feeding should I be adding nutrients everytime I water if i'm not seeing any nutrient burn? Or should I be adding in a plain water feeding inbetween?
If you are in plain coco and haven’t added any kind of dry nutrient amendments. Yes, feed at every watering. Start at about 1/2 strength. At least once a day until you get about 10% runoff. As the plant gets bigger you will need to feed more times a day. Coco is time consuming if you don’t have an auto watering system.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use Promix, which is pretty close to Coco according to those in the know. I've never used coco, so keep it in mind with my advice. With Promix (I've never run auto's, but every other type out there!). I use 5 or 6 gallon containers and add a little compost/manure to help it hold more water than straight Promix. I usually feed about every 10 days, using a 20-20-20 mix at 1 Tbs/gallon...the fertilizer is cheap and easy to find..I think it is Jack's. usually water about a gallon to 1.5 a day with just a little coming out the bottom. I often have to put a basin under them later because they use so much water. rom what I see some folks using on here, I use a lot less than most people, but I have never had any problems in 30+ years with consistent results.
I'm not saying that one method is better than the other, I am only saying what has worked and beed dependable for me over the years. Less is better, to a degree. Keep up the good work!

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Hey,

Autoflowers allow a grower a faster way to experience a variety of plant types and flavors.

They are also perfect for beginners.
There are two SUPER important questions you need to address:

1) What is your GROW MEDIA?
A) Like ENFORCER mentioned, if you are in a more advanced grow media like Coco, then you already got ahead of yourself.
- Coco is better for advanced growers, because they can recognize nutrient needs either by the color and health of the plant (which is too late to recognize but can be corrected). While practiced growers will know when to add extra Nitrogen, Potassium, CalMag, etc.
B) ProMix, like JIMSTER, mentioned is great for messing around with your teas, or experimenting with the right Nutrients for your genetics. It's forgiving enough to make little mistakes, and still bounce back a few times to produce a healthy yield.
C) SOIL. If you're using AutoFlower as a beginner this is your most forgiving and best opportunity at great yields.

(I didn't mention Hydro, because you should know what your doing if you've invested in Hydro)

2) What are your GENETICS?
A) Learn all you can about a seed before you plant it. There are a billion ways to cheat a seed from growing to it's fullest potential. But with knowledge and practice, your plant, leaves, and yield,will teach you what is best for your particular genetics.
B) Idica and Sativa mixed with Ruderalis, is how you get an Autoflower seed. That's a lot of genetics. If nobody else has posted about your strain, learn about their parent plants. Play to the strengths Inidca or Sativa.

3) EASY WAY

1) Use FoxFarm Ocean.. blah blah blah. If you mix it with a lot of perlite, then wash it down really well with PH 6.5-6.8 WATER, you get a really easy, beginner's mix, that own't burn your plants.
8 Week Flower: You won't need to feed your plants until day 45. Then I suggest you use 1/4 of the dosage for which ever nutrients company you choose..

Naturalx

Naturalx

Autoflowers allow a grower a faster way to experience a variety of plant types and flavors.

They are also perfect for beginners.
There are two SUPER important questions you need to address:

1) What is your GROW MEDIA?
A) Like ENFORCER mentioned, if you are in a more advanced grow media like Coco, then you already got ahead of yourself.
- Coco is better for advanced growers, because they can recognize nutrient needs either by the color and health of the plant (which is too late to recognize but can be corrected). While practiced growers will know when to add extra Nitrogen, Potassium, CalMag, etc.
B) ProMix, like JIMSTER, mentioned is great for messing around with your teas, or experimenting with the right Nutrients for your genetics. It's forgiving enough to make little mistakes, and still bounce back a few times to produce a healthy yield.
C) SOIL. If you're using AutoFlower as a beginner this is your most forgiving and best opportunity at great yields.

(I didn't mention Hydro, because you should know what your doing if you've invested in Hydro)

2) What are your GENETICS?
A) Learn all you can about a seed before you plant it. There are a billion ways to cheat a seed from growing to it's fullest potential. But with knowledge and practice, your plant, leaves, and yield,will teach you what is best for your particular genetics.
B) Idica and Sativa mixed with Ruderalis, is how you get an Autoflower seed. That's a lot of genetics. If nobody else has posted about your strain, learn about their parent plants. Play to the strengths Inidca or Sativa.

3) EASY WAY

1) Use FoxFarm Ocean.. blah blah blah. If you mix it with a lot of perlite, then wash it down really well with PH 6.5-6.8 WATER, you get a really easy, beginner's mix, that own't burn your plants.
8 Week Flower: You won't need to feed your plants until day 45. Then I suggest you use 1/4 of the dosage for which ever nutrients company you choose..
Luckily growing in coco has been fantastic. I bought a cheap garbage brick, learned my lesson with hours of washing and prepping. Charged my coco with calmag. Soaked and re rinsed. Plants are 32 days old here. The nutrient issues I had ended up coming from a foliage spray I was using. Otherwise just a bit heavy on nitrogen as some of my plants have some clawing leaves but it could just be from the fan as only a select few are doing it all in line of the wind.

1CDEC191 7DBE 4EE3 A704 7A9CCCE3D869
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Coco can be a bear but man if done right it’s the beeskneees!
Auto; I’ve always done soil. As it’s very hard to recover if u mess up. It’s basically like a time run, and any changes or stress will reduce its potential.
Remember photo period you can do more , changes and mess ups are forgiven
Auto: you don’t have that luxury, so go with a tried method and learn coco on a photo period to dial that in. Then change over to coco with auto with confidence!

Kinglouida13th

Kinglouida13th

So are you guys saying that for this being my second grow ever, I may be way in over my head? I'm using MOTHER EARTH 70/30 coco perlite medium, and BLOOM CITY nutes, I have some super thrive as well my coco was buffered I believe and ph is around 6.2-6.5, I've had some minor issues that seem to have worked themselves out, but as you'll see in the pictures some look better than others and all are EXACT same medium and EXACT same nutrients, any suggestions on how I can maximize my yield at this point, does everything look ok? Is there any NOTICABLE issues that need attention? Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!! Oh and the top 2 are getting LST, and I've topped the top RIGHT one, the one that prolly looks the best of em all

Latest posts

Top Bottom