Need Help First Grow

• Thread starter dReamiX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Whoa yeah that is too much light for that space. 2400w is good for almost double that space.

But regarding the limited budget, you can get a sunblaster T5 with reflector for about $30. It would be a worthwhile investment if you can swing it.

dReamiX

dReamiX

Right now i am using 5 liters pots will a bigger pot give me bigger yield? And what difference will it make?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Right now i am using 5 liters pots will a bigger pot give me bigger yield? And what difference will it make?

Absolutely, especially being an auto. You probably want to get it out of that small pot asap honestly. I wouldn't want it flowering in that, I missed the part you were growing autos.

Ideally I'd use a 3-5 gallon pot per plant. And go easy on the watering for the first while after transplanting.

dReamiX

dReamiX

thanks everyone. Just transplanted the plants and watered them carefully with ph water reversed osmosis, cal mag, biobizz grow, top max, and potassium silicon. Mix the soil with perlit while transplanting and keeping the humidity high 60% and the temps are around 26-27C. Still 24 hours of light.
Waiting for the sweet sweet taste of homegrown weed

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
thanks everyone. Just transplanted the plants and watered them carefully with ph water reversed osmosis, cal mag, biobizz grow, top max, and potassium silicon. Mix the soil with perlit while transplanting and keeping the humidity high 60% and the temps are around 26-27C. Still 24 hours of light.
Waiting for the sweet sweet taste of homegrown weed

Right on. If I were you I would drop the cal mag and incorporate a more balanced fertilizer though. I dont see any source of P in your nutrient lineup and that's an important nutrient for both root development and flowering.

Cal Mag is fine to charge fresh media but isnt necessary if you have a balanced base nutrient. And isnt needed after that at all unless you see deficiency.

dReamiX

dReamiX

Actually the soil im using is nutritiants rich so all the fertilisers i use are in lower than ordinary doses. About the cal mag i did read that its one of the most common deficiency and cant cause the plant to burn, so i just bought it. What fertilisers wouldn you recommend?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Actually the soil im using is nutritiants rich so all the fertilisers i use are in lower than ordinary doses. About the cal mag i did read that its one of the most common deficiency and cant cause the plant to burn, so i just bought it. What fertilisers wouldn you recommend?

I see, If you have organic nutrients in the soil that's great.
I would just be careful with Calmag. Calcium has a tendency to bind to other things like phosphorus and form calcium phosphate, which is insoluble and precipitates out. Aka, locks it out. If you are adding extra Calcium but not extra phosphorus the free Ca could build up to a point where it locks out what little P you do have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom