Foliar Spray Schedule For Thrips

• Thread starter Savage Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hello all,

I found a couple thrips today while cleaning out the insides of a mother plant. Found em sitting on the underside of a damaged leaf. Only found two but ime when you see a couple bugs then odds are there's a shitload more hiding.

I lapsed on my weekly biowar tea schedule last week, which didn't help, and I let the mom get a bit more overgrown than I typically would like, so this was bound to happen.

Anyway, there's a tea brewing atm, gonna hit em tomorrow morning. Does anyone who has knocked down thrips with the biowar applications have a reccomendation for days between/how many treatments?

Thanks!

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

do yourself a favor and get spinosad..conseve sc is my favorite. If you use monterey only one time they will sneak back up on you..conserve is once and done. IMO way too hardy for ogbiowar. But spinosad is the one. Disease carrying fuckers too. Hit em good under the leaves and do a soil drench.

Thanks, boss. I was doing some more reading after I posted this and spinosad seems to be the way to go, though met52, pfr97, etc are labeled for them and I think the foliar and root packs have the same bacteria or fungal species as they do.

what rate do you use the conserve sc at? And what diseases should I keep an eye out for, in your experience?

Natural

Natural

These guys are very hardy once they hit 2nd or 3rd instar..they get that scaly exeskeleton. I wouldn't trust anything besides spinosad. App rates..indoors is 2ml/gal outdoors is 3ml/gal for thrip. They carry any disease a FG can carry..but mostly worry about root damage. I would sincerely kill those fucks off and start a new mom.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I would sincerely kill those fucks off and start a new mom.

Not a bad idea, I was considering killing the mom off to save some space anyway. Best way to be sure.

I suppose I'll then just hit the rest of the veg area with spinosad and give it the deep cleaning I've been neglecting.

Any phytotoxicity worries when spraying freshly rooted cuts?

I'm thinking I brought the thrips in on my clothes, as everything in the room got a hefty inoculation with hypoapsis miles a couple weeks ago and the coco is crawling with em. But apparently spinosad doesn't effect hypos.

Natural

Natural

Not a bad idea, I was considering killing the mom off to save some space anyway. Best way to be sure.

I suppose I'll then just hit the rest of the veg area with spinosad and give it the deep cleaning I've been neglecting.

Any phytotoxicity worries when spraying freshly rooted cuts?

I'm thinking I brought the thrips in on my clothes, as everything in the room got a hefty inoculation with hypoapsis miles a couple weeks ago and the coco is crawling with em. But apparently spinosad doesn't effect hypos.
no phytoxicity from spinosad IME..I've always used it lights on no worries and dip clones. Plants seem to like the stuff.
I have no experience with Hypos and Spinosad. Although the story of how Spinosad was discovered is very interesting. I suggest looking it up. Has to do with a scientist visiting an old abandoned rum distillery in Barbados.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Was that root drench or foilar spray with lights on?

That guy has probably moved on seeing this is a 3 year old thread. But i’d guess it was the foliar spray. We don’t specify the time of a soil drench. Not usually.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Use spinosad as a foliar. Do 2 applications 5 days apart and make sure to get the whole plant good and wet with it.

I've used plain old monterrey garden insect spray and it wiped out thrips with 2 applications.

Top Bottom