Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’m thinking not having all eggs in one basket would be good.
1. Plant some auto s
2. Plant some specifically bred regulars that flower early and finish fast.
3 plant some top grade regs of average flowering time.
Female seeds (and some others) are breeding outdoor specific strains these days. Partial auto genetics but mostly good shit. You could brew your own seeds for next summer this year isolating a female auto somewhere and hit her with something regular that finishes decent fast. Some strains start flowering earlier in the photoperiod even tho they have the standard 8-9 week flowering time. Sorry just me jibbin on spitbawlin brother

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

What im on about is enough ruderalis to be fast, not enough to auto flower.. but will start flowering early.. this would allow you to clone and also finish. Such breeding already does exist but you might want to do it yer own dang self bro

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I’m thinking not having all eggs in one basket would be good.
1. Plant some auto s
2. Plant some specifically bred regulars that flower early and finish fast.
3 plant some top grade regs of average flowering time.
Female seeds (and some others) are breeding outdoor specific strains these days. Partial auto genetics but mostly good shit. You could brew your own seeds for next summer this year isolating a female auto somewhere and hit her with something regular that finishes decent fast. Some strains start flowering earlier in the photoperiod even tho they have the standard 8-9 week flowering time. Sorry just me jibbin on spitbawlin brother

It will be diverse. I have a lot of genetics now. The Autos are a stop-gap cause we're beginning to see shortages up here. If the dep were at my house I would run it, but I don't trust anyone else to do it right. It would be a manual blackout cover and require two people to be on time every day (while checking for light leaks). It's like 8'-9' tall, maybe 15' wide (I didn't look that close). We'd do better with little 4'-6' hoop rows. Where one person can do it.

Things are picking up for me cause I've got quality fresh herb (rockin the vacuumed mason jars) and things are drying up earlier than normal. We used to always have local stuff but now it's not sticking around. Even mediocre stuff.

There's a well on-site. If we carefully measure the water and don't over water we can keep it pretty efficient. I'll get amendments for the soil they're sterilising and add peat, pearlite, and expanded clay pellets. Maybe some batsh*t. It worked nice my first year. Also need to finish out the Primordial nutes. That should help with water conservation too.

The people I'll be working with are experienced growers, like 20yrs+. They just need to be brought up to speed. This will be an interesting season if it all falls into place. Ive decided to buy my trailer a new set of batteries and focus the solar on growlights. Right now I can run my 200w double, maybe my 65w too. What I'd like is another 200w fixture, 5x5 or 6x6 tent, a couple more 100w panels, a 500w-600w AC pure sine inverter, and another 100ah battery. I'd run a 12v system, 50% of 300ah is 150ah, 4x 100w CXB3590 (2x 5.2a) 10.4a, + the 60w single probably 12.5a, 150ah ÷ 12.5 = 12hrs (4x = 14.4hrs). I could run 8-10 plants with enough clearance.

This year is gonna be fun.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm not going to run that mountain lot I was writing about. My would-be partners are a bunch of f^ck ups and they proved to me today that they can't be trusted. As bummed as I am, I'm still happy they showed their true colors early. I've only lost $100 and wasted some time & fuel.

Looks like I'll be able to offload my herb a zip or two at a time through this girl I met about a month ago. She knows a gang 'o people and makes her cut setting up meets. I also picked up another regular buyer. This should be enough to fund my garden and front porch solar grow, yay.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn bro that bites. Good you found out now though before you put too much into it. People like that suck. So many flakes in the cannabiz these days. They know nothing and want everything. They are like Todd Hoffman in gold rush the tv show on discovery. All they see are dollar signs.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn bro that bites. Good you found out now though before you put too much into it. People like that suck. So many flakes in the cannabiz these days. They know nothing and want everything. They are like Todd Hoffman in gold rush the tv show on discovery. All they see are dollar signs.

They're actually experienced growers with good distribution contacts. But they're also very flakey. I think there's some closet tweaking going on. I didn't know them good enough to tell. Gotta have a baseline. It could be ADHD but I'm usually right about this stuff even if I don't see any usage, due to my experience with that sh*t.

I won't grow with anyone who does dope. It's always gets f^cked up and stupid sh*t happens. Unfortunately many of the growers up here are tweakers.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm going to put more focus on indoor instead. See if I can build up enough money to expand my solar. At least buy a 500w-600w inverter that runs on a 12v battery bank.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've got $500 so far but I have to pay $400 in registration on my truck ($275), trailer ($110), and a replacement DL because my wallet was stolen ($28). Doesn't leave enough to buy an inverter.

They just texted me while writing this, apologising about flaking but I don't give a sh*t. One time is an accident, two times is a pattern, and three is a way of life. I don't play well with tweakers.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Gonna hatch some beans in the next few days. I don't have all the grow supplies I need yet but I'll amend last years outdoor soil with some guano and a couple bags of rich ferts. I'm sure I can get a deal from the hydro shop guys. Prolly even trade some herb. A zip of Banana Crack & Chocolate Orange Creamsicle goes a long ways fir trades around here even if it's hard to unload for cash. I still have around 3lbs from last years haul, not including hash & kief...
20190326 060258
20190326 060313
20190326 060332

It does make for a very comfortable safety net. I'll be bummed when it's all gone. Trimmed up 1/2 of my last 1.5lbs of untrimmed I got lazy on last year. Will do the other 1/2 today. Having done the initial trim with my bowl trimmer it's tight enough for me to make quick work of it.

I was going to do 6 different strains in the outdoor garden but I decided instead to run 4 fem (2x Uzi Cookies, 2x Jack Herer), Grape Alien Haze x Hyper Glue, and still up in the air on the last one (thanks to my friends fir the gear). If I cand drumm up enough $$$ fir more solar I'll run 3 or 4 in the tent. If I do trade enough to afford upgraded solar and another 200w fixture I'll run 8-10 off 465w of Cree CXB3590s.

Even without that beautiful mountain shelf grow spot those tweakers offered me, I still expect a bumper crop this year (maybe two indoor).

Thanks everyone for your patience and support. My ati-anxiety meds have finally been adjusted so I'm not sleeping through the day anymore and I'll be more active on here again. I was afraid for a time that the only way to fix the problem was a sh*tty choice between paranoid delusions or sleeping all the time. I'm so glad there was a dosage that worked to treat me without sleeping away my life.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...forgot to add that I'll be supplementing with Primordial Solutions nutes/biologicals this run so I expect even bigger yields on less nutes/water this year. I was using too much water last year an now they'll be growing the greenhouse next door so I'll really be needing to conserve.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I yanked these heatsinks outta an '07 Shuttle gaming computer running a hot AMD Athlon 64, along with a 240w power supply. I thought I might try to repurpose them to run/cool a homemade CXB3590 COB. Overkill maybe??? Or possibly be able to cool a multi COB heatsink rail? Hahaha! I feel like a mad scientist.
20190326 071047
20190326 071158

The little CnC'd one next to it I might try out as a passive cooler on, maybe a 50w-100w COB. Need to figure out it's capacity first. It was used to cool a low-end Nvidia GPU when they were still putting out some serious heat. It might work on a 100w COB. In my experience Nvidia's heat sinks tend to cool around 150%+ of rated heat output on the newer GPUs, so I'm hoping they were doing this back then as well. I'll try it on a cheaper COB first.

I doubt the power supply will be of any use but if I can find a schematic on it, maybe I can repurpose. Worst case scenario, I pick up a couple cheap drivers.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...I still have some leftover copper heat sink spacers that I used when refurbing my little Acer gaming netbook along with some high end Arctic Silver thermal paste. As long as I put a good polish on the copper I should get excellent heat transference between materials.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm excited for your next run. I look forward to following along.

I'll hatch those beans in the next couple/few days just need to setup first. I know I can start them without having everything ready but my OCD nature won't let me without doing a thorough cleaning/bleaching of my tent and pots first. I'll start my beanlings on AC power but should have enough for the little 500w-600w inverter within a week. Im figurin they'll be solar before I need to switch over from my little 15w flouro bean/clone starter light to a full fledged CXB grow light.

20190326 075722

As I took the pic I saw water damage on my Taichi X99 mobo box. Transferred the board to another box and tossed it. I really need this series of storms to end so I can reseal the roof on my 5th wheel. Im so f^ckin sick of all the leaks this winter/spring. I have a gallon of Snow Roof that'll do the trick if I can keep the roof dry long enough to use it.

Almost ruined the leather rug I had stored in the closet. I'm glad I left it wrapped in plastic. I've been protecting it while waiting to do reno this spring. It would have really pi$$ed me off if it got ruined. Scored it for $27 on Amazon when they miss-priced it down from almost $200. At least my Taichi mobo isn't hurt by water as long as it isn't energised. If not, that'd been another $200 f^cked off.

I hate the f^cking rain.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...I'm skipping the paper towels and going right into soil after the soak. It's easier to keep them moist and control temps in soil.

Picking up some clear and colored Solo cups in the morning. Will be starting them in Lucky Dog K9 Kube soil. When theyre up-planted it will be into the exact same medium. This will help to avoid uneven hydration and make it less likely to damage their fragile root systems.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

One of my favorite shots from last season. I'm almost 6' and this was taken at eye level.
20180915 113118

I almost cried when I saw this...
20181003 182130

The day before...

...this unidentified plant is on the burn pile cause she flipped late Nov, but she was still pretty and close to 14'...
20181002 122047

...BIC#1 was already leaning. If she were straight up, she'd be close to 9'...
20181002 121911

...here's the Banana Crack 12', with the near 14' BIC#2 sticking up behind her...
20181002 113653

...Banana Crack...
20181002 113624

...Banana Ice Cream #2...
20181002 113615

I'm not "just" showing off pictures of my girls. Been going through the pics thinking on what I need to do to make this next run the best it can be. For example, I totally spaced that I had a broad mite infestation and I need to get something to deter, or stock up on Triazicide. Also need some 10' stakes, trellis netting, and new bamboo to make cages to protect against the wind and when they reach the limb dropp stage. I like the idea of going taller instead of short and wide. Kinda like these juniper...
Spartan juniper tree oklahoma

...leaves me with room to maintain them.

...just ideas.

Top Bottom