Flushing Question

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hey, so I bought this mini microscope off amazon. A website recommended it for checking trichomes and honestly I hate it. I just can’t seem to hold it steady enough against the buds to get a reasonable look long enough. I see glimpses of amber, which started in my sugar leaves awhile ago. But I do see brief moments of milky trichomes.

Two of my plants are at about the same stage where a lot of the pistils are angering. My biggest plant is not quite there with them yet. I’ve attached some photos of the buds, I know it’s not a great indication of when Tk start flushing but it helps.

Strain is Girl Scout cookies by fast buds, they are currently on day 45.

Flushing question
Flushing question 2
BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking good, I think the pistils still have some receding, dying back, to do before the buds are ready, just a bit. With the mini microscope you need to remove a sugar leaf and lay it on a flat surface to examine.
For easy on the plant examinations an inexpensive jewelers loupe works best, IMO.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

She has weeks to go in my opinion. And the trichomes on the bud leaves are not good indication of ripeness. Better to check the buds themselves.

I wait till the white pistils have receded and the calyx have swelled. Then check trichomes for as close to 100% cloudy as possible. Once they turn amber then brown and then dented looking the thc has degraded into non-psychoactive cbn.

Big tall full cloudy trichs just starting to lean over from the weight of the oil in the head is my favorite time to cut.

And better a bit overdone than under for a full potency.

Naturalx

Naturalx

She has weeks to go in my opinion. And the trichomes on the bud leaves are not good indication of ripeness. Better to check the buds themselves.

I wait till the white pistils have receded and the calyx have swelled. Then check trichomes for as close to 100% cloudy as possible. Once they turn amber then brown and then dented looking the thc has degraded into non-psychoactive cbn.

Big tall full cloudy trichs just starting to lean over from the weight of the oil in the head is my favorite time to cut.

Perfect.

The buds are still "small". They're dense to the touch but they're just not as big as I know this strain can produce. I know it could have a lot to do with my LED's but i'll give it some more time. Thanks!

Naturalx

Naturalx

So i'm going to upload some pictures for you. The first photos are from my largest plant. It has not matured as much but the trichomes are looking to be 99% cloudy from what I can tell with my newly purchased jewelers loupe. However the second plant which has matured a lot more is finally just starting to look like everything is cloudy and they are looking very different from the last time I posted. But i'm digging your advice and dont want to start flushing too early. This has definitely been the hardest part for me in my first ever cannabis grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I should have said start checking after most of the white pistils have turned orange/brown.

Top plant has a long way to go. Bottom plant a couple weeks. In my opinion from a couple pics.

And i dont “flush” plants or give water only unless they dont need fertilizer or i overfed.

Always err on the light side of feeding and there is no worry about when to flush.

Top Bottom