Resource icon

How do I cure my harvest with glass canning jars?

For personal stash, I got rid of the tupperware and paper bag stage a while ago. This method for glass canning jars gives the strongest aroma and best texture for smoking. Here's the procedure, it couldn't get much simpler..

1) Cut, manicure, hang your plants in a cool, dark place until totally crispy and smokable in a joint-- usually 5 to 8 days. Optimum conditions are 68-74 degrees F and between 50% and 60% RH.

2) Place gently into wide-mouth glass canning jars. Close the lid until buds sweat, usually 2 or 3 hours the first time. Open jars and let buds dry to crispy again. I only bother keeping large buds for personal stash but if you do this with shakier stuff, you have to get some air in there and turn the buds over. Larger colas usually have enough flow around them so you don't have to mess with them unless they are really touching each other inside the jar. I don't worry about "ooo damaging the ever so fragile buds" by turning them in the jar. Who cares if you lose 2% of the trichomes to the bottom of the jar, big deal... be gentle but if you have to move them around, so what.. just collect your skuff on the bottom of the jar and enjoy.

3) Repeat the sweating process-- open the jar until crisp, close until sweated. After about a week of this (depending on location), you get to that perfect point of curing where there is enough moisture to keep it smelling strong but as soon as you take it out of the jar to smoke, it crisps up and can be rolled.
Author
logic
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from logic

Latest reviews

dre8791
  • dre8791
  • 5.00 star(s)
Sounds about right.
Micheley66
  • Micheley66
  • 4.00 star(s)
Thanks for your posting about jar curing/storingI already thought of the glass jars,but I didn't know that once you put the buds in a jar,put the lid on let it sweat,then you remove the lid,etc........2016 a lot of my buds started to go moldy,cause I didn't know excatly how to dry and storeThanks again...Cheers
Top Bottom