How do I make my own Rooting hormone?

How do I make my own Rooting hormone?

How do I make my own Cannabis Rooting hormone

Rooting hormone is a substance that encourages plant cuttings to develop roots. It's a valuable tool for gardeners and plant enthusiasts looking to propagate their plants. However, rooting hormone can be expensive, and some people prefer to make their own. In this article, we'll explore how to make your own rooting hormone from natural ingredients.

Understanding rooting hormones​

Before we dive into making our own rooting hormone, let's take a quick look at what rooting hormones are and how they work. Rooting hormones are naturally occurring or synthetic substances that stimulate root growth in plant cuttings. They work by promoting the development of new cells at the site of the cut, which in turn encourages the growth of new roots.

Making your own rooting hormone​

There are several natural ingredients that contain rooting hormones, including cinnamon, honey, aspirin, willow water, and aloe vera. Here's how to make your own rooting hormone using these ingredients:

Cinnamon rooting hormone​

Cinnamon contains a natural fungicide that can help prevent rot in plant cuttings. To make a cinnamon rooting hormone, simply mix cinnamon powder with water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the base of the cutting before planting it in soil.

Honey rooting hormone​

Honey is a natural antiseptic that can help protect plant cuttings from disease. To make a honey rooting hormone, mix honey with water to create a solution. Dip the cutting in the solution before planting it in soil.

Aspirin rooting hormone​

Aspirin contains salicylic acid, which can help stimulate root growth. To make an aspirin rooting hormone, crush an aspirin tablet and dissolve it in water. Dip the cutting in the solution before planting it in soil.

Willow water rooting hormone​

Willow bark contains a natural rooting hormone called indolebutyric acid (IBA). To make willow water, simply steep willow bark in water for 24-48 hours. Dip the cutting in the solution before planting it in soil.

Aloe vera rooting hormone​

Aloe vera contains enzymes that can help stimulate root growth. To make an aloe vera rooting hormone, mix aloe vera gel with water to create a solution. Dip the cutting in the solution before planting it in soil.

Tips for successful cloning​

While rooting hormones can help increase the success rate of plant cloning, there are a few other tips to keep in mind:

• Take cuttings from healthy plants.
  • Use a sharp, clean pair of scissors or pruning shears to make the cut.
  • Remove any leaves or flowers from the cutting, leaving only the stem and a few leaves at the top.
  • Dip the cut end of the stem into the rooting hormone, making sure to cover the entire cut surface.
  • Plant the cutting in a well-draining soil mix and keep it moist but not waterlogged.
  • Place the cutting in a warm, humid location with indirect light.

Conclusion​

Making your own rooting hormone is a cost-effective and natural way to propagate plants from cuttings. Whether you choose cinnamon, honey, aspirin, willow water, or aloe vera, these natural ingredients can help stimulate root growth and increase your chances of success. Just remember to follow best practices for plant cloning and provide your cuttings with the care they need to thrive.
Author
logic
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from logic

Latest reviews

P
  • pld991
  • 5.00 star(s)
I've been propagating plants from cuttings in my vegetable garden for years. I've getting ready to grow cannabis for the first time and all of your articles have been helpful in building my confidence.
Frankster
  • Frankster
  • 5.00 star(s)
Dude Od doesn't lie, so It must be so. I'm going to be cutting some branches.
One drop
  • One drop
  • 5.00 star(s)
That's exactly what I use as well as aspirin and yeast compound food spread called Vegite it's full of vitamin b .
Top Bottom