“alternative” Lighting Cycles

• Thread starter RooR5mm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Whats up peeps.
A few years back 4/5 a thread was started talking about lighting schedules other than 24/0, 18/6, 12/12 and so on.
I know it wasn’t Gas Lamp, gas lamp did come up in the discussion.
From what I remember the schedule shortened lights on by like 15 min a week or something.
It basically emulated nature. I was thinking about trying it. Wasn’t able to try it at the time due to using a flip.
I can’t seem to find it in my bookmarks.
I’m curious if anyone remembered the schedule or have the blog that shared it bookmarked.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I'm new here so haven't seen that post. I did my first indoor grow the one In progress right now in a smilie method . Started 20/4 in veg then as I was getting ready to flower i changed them 1 hour a day until I achieved 12/12

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I'm new here so haven't seen that post. I did my first indoor grow the one In progress right now in a smilie method . Started 20/4 in veg then as I was getting ready to flower i changed them 1 hour a day until I achieved 12/12
Yep, but with this lighting schedule you wind up ending the flowering cycle with lights on @ like 7 hours maybe less. I don’t remember if if the lights are on and off even equal 24 hrs/one day. That one may be another light cycle theory. I also can’t remember if we pulled it from a skunk farm blog, I have a feeling we did.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Dang well best of luck to you. I'll do some research if I come up with anything I will post .

Logixcraft

Logixcraft

I'm pretty sure this is what you are talking about

Day 1 - Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 - Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 - Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 - Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 - Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

https://www.mycotopia.net/HTFaq/607.htm

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I'm pretty sure this is what you are talking about

Day 1 - Sunday, 6:00am til Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 - Monday, 3:36pm til Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 - Wednesday, 1:12am til Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 - Thursday, 10:48am til Friday 8:24am
Day 5 - Friday, 8:24pm til Saturday 6:00pm

https://www.mycotopia.net/HTFaq/607.htm

I do believe that is it. So how many weeks are saying you should run that schedule?
I have to find more info on about that. It looks like they are suggesting that starting week 5’ish.

trickle

trickle

Natural Day length schedules can be tricky to replicate, it happens faster/slower at different times of year... there's also more than one form of photoperiod sensitivity.
What are you trying to accomplish ? If you want to replicate your local cycle, go to timeanddate.com/sun/ ... if you are recreating an environment for a specific strain, what is it?

Logixcraft

Logixcraft

I do believe that is it. So how many weeks are saying you should run that schedule?
I have to find more info on about that. It looks like they are suggesting that starting week 5’ish.
I posted the link to the website that holds some old knowledge like that piece

Main Site

Lighting article

remember some of the info on there is outdated so pick and choose and don't be afraid to doubt the info and double you're research

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I posted the link to the website that holds some old knowledge like that piece

Main Site

Lighting article

remember some of the info on there is outdated so pick and choose and don't be afraid to doubt the info and double you're research
Going to have to check it out this weekend. There is one that you shave like 15 minutes a week or something. I have an opportunity to field test so I was thinking of giving it a shot.

MW7945

MW7945

I must say I've always been curious as to why people create an artificial environment, and then care about "natural light cycles". Nothing about growing indoors is natural to the plant.

I go from 18/6 to 11/13.

K

kansabis

I must say I've always been curious as to why people create an artificial environment, and then care about "natural light cycles". Nothing about growing indoors is natural to the plant.

I go from 18/6 to 11/13.
Me too

dan1989

dan1989

In the nicest possible way it sounds like a complete waste of time. K.I.S.S.

K

kansabis

I would agree it's a waste if your trying crazy cycles but gradually changing light cycle to induce flowering and somewhat mimicking outdoor light cycles or possibly the light cycles of where a particular type would normally grow at would be acceptable and possibly helpful.

K

kansabis

I personally have lowered the light on time down 30 mins every couple/few days from 18/6 until 11/13 without any noticeable differences but it was hardly an accurate scientific experiment.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I go from 18/6 to 11/13.
We are replicating forms or functions arising in nature, so why not put more focus on a emulating sunrise/sunset? What is artificial is having lights strike at 100% or more almost immediately.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Do you truly believe a plant knows the difference?
Knows the difference of what? The lights coming on immediately? If that is your question, of course the plant does. Same as it knows it is 15 degrees outside even though it is in a 76 degree grow room.

Top Bottom