• Tagged users None
Master Nate

Master Nate

Sparkle leaf question
Sparkle leaf question 2
Sparkle leaf question 3
Sparkle leaf question 4
Hi all,

So my friend gave me a bum Crown Royale clone, which I found out later had a small mite outbreak (steps were taken to control and eradicate them) and the plant is now halfway through flower. Ive since sterilized the tent and have taken security measures with the new Purple Kush crop behind it (neem, soaps, sterilized tent, etc.) and have not seen any signs of the little buggers and have now moved my new girls to the 12/12 tent (where I first discovered the mite issue with the Crown Royale.

I noticed, however, that while they seem to be doing well, some have these “diamond” like sparkles to the leaves, which upon looking through my microscope just look like white dots or abnormal shapes. I’ve seen mite egg pics, and they don’t quite look like them (as far as I’ve seen) but it’s just a weird feeling I have that they aren’t quite gone yet. Anyone seen this type of issue with your plants and can shine some knowledge down on me?! Thank you in advance :D

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

View attachment 851438 View attachment 851439 View attachment 851440 View attachment 851441 Hi all,

So my friend gave me a bum Crown Royale clone, which I found out later had a small mite outbreak (steps were taken to control and eradicate them) and the plant is now halfway through flower. Ive since sterilized the tent and have taken security measures with the new Purple Kush crop behind it (neem, soaps, sterilized tent, etc.) and have not seen any signs of the little buggers and have now moved my new girls to the 12/12 tent (where I first discovered the mite issue with the Crown Royale.

I noticed, however, that while they seem to be doing well, some have these “diamond” like sparkles to the leaves, which upon looking through my microscope just look like white dots or abnormal shapes. I’ve seen mite egg pics, and they don’t quite look like them (as far as I’ve seen) but it’s just a weird feeling I have that they aren’t quite gone yet. Anyone seen this type of issue with your plants and can shine some knowledge down on me?! Thank you in advance :D
I believe they are spider mites. Just got over them bastards myself.

Master Nate

Master Nate

I believe they are spider mites. Just got over them bastards myself.

On the plant that I saw them on it was literally only one mite I saw, and I started eradication methods immediately. The bottom shot is what those spots look like, it isn’t moving and it isn’t stippling so I’m at a loss. Could possibly be salt deposits from foliar sprays, as I used softened tap water this time, and I usually use RO

Master Nate

Master Nate

If you had one spider mite then you had or have lots of spider mites. They travel in groups of 100-10000.

I hear that :/, and I know they are notorious for thinking that you have gotten rid of them and them re-surfacing in a week or so. I am just being vigilant in my eradication efforts and keeping everything clean and keeping up the sprays but can’t spray too far into flower. Hopefully it’s nothing but what did you think about the microscopic shot? It was just odd looking to me

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
With the white spots on top of leaves I’m hoping your rite about salt deposits but thrips leave a similar calling card. they are real easy to see with the naked eye. You can spray green cleaner for spider mites up to the day of harvest. I use a habenaro spray and green cleaner in flower for maintenance.

Master Nate

Master Nate

With the white spots on top of leaves I’m hoping your rite about salt deposits but thrips leave a similar calling card. they are real easy to see with the naked eye. You can spray green cleaner for spider mites up to the day of harvest. I use a habenaro spray and green cleaner in flower for maintenance.

I’ll keep an eye out, and a capsaicin spray is the only one I have tried, and I’ve got a bunch of Carolina reapers just sitting dry in the kitchen. I am in Canada so I can’t find something like green cleaner, but how do you make your habanero spray if you don’t mind me asking? Might as well give it a go, and do you have to wash your buds at harvest when you use that type of spray? Not that oil and water love each other, I’m just wondering about a spicy lungful

Top Bottom