10' x 10' MPB room build

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I always thought that bud rot and mold were a by product of a powdery mildew? Anyone care to chime in?

Is it possible to have moldy buds and have zero powdery mildew in the room?

bud rot/blight and PM are 2 different things

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I always thought that bud rot and mold were a by product of a powdery mildew? Anyone care to chime in?

Is it possible to have moldy buds and have zero powdery mildew in the room?

Yes. I had never got PM, till the beginning of this year. I have gotten mold and bud rot before. I hate them both. So, if a sulfur burner does the trick, then I had to get it.

Yo! the new clones look great. I like to run sulfur three times a week for 4 hours after lights out. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Helps keep the bugs away too :)

I think bud rot and pm are different animals but sulfur kills all. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks man. 3 times a week. Wow. I haven't even fired mine up yet.

Does it not impart any taste or smell to the plant?
Do they show any physical signs after the sulfur burn?

bud rot/blight and PM are 2 different things

I agree. Both really suck!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you can run your burner 2-3 hours once a week until about day 21 of flower or it will affect the taste - 3 times a week is overkill imo, I have never seen the need to burn that often

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update

Quick update. Bins are wrapped. Got the plumbing in the flower room ready to run. Still need to dress the pipes up a bit.

IMG 1752

Valves for top feed and air.

IMG 1754

Double micro pore xl diffusers for each bucket.

IMG 1756

Hi-rise riser is to make checking the roots easier.

IMG 1757

Pondmaster hooked up to the 1/2" PVC.
JBJ 1/2 hp chiller plumbed w/ 1" PVC.

IMG 1759

And the girls...

IMG 1761

Pic was taken on Monday, they're definitely bigger now.
I think that I was runnung them a little too moist, so I am changing up their watering. I was afraid of drying out, so I had them on 24, but I changed it to 1/2 hr on, 3.5 off. I think that will be better. Never did top feed in Hydroton before, just figuring it out I suppose.

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

More detail please, You have one of the best set up's i have seen on any site great detail.
I am sure you will grow some good dank too! much respect !

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

If you want more detail, you would need to tell us what details you are talking about.

Giddeon

Giddeon

TF Looking good the set up on the buckets are clean as hell, you are going to love having the ability to control the air flow to the diffusers and the flow of the top feed lines. I also like the tall top feed ports so there is no interference with the bucket while checking the roots, question on that though..... Did you have to up size your top feed pump to accommodate for the increase in vertical lift, or did you already plan on your top feed water having to be carried that high above res level and it wont be a problem?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Trich Fan......

In awe of your attention to detail, looking forward to seeing this spaceship lift off.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Beam me up Scotty!

I cant wait to see this lab ful of ganja, that is the sickest cleanest setup, truly amazing!

108929d1287116068-10-x-10-mpb-room-build-img_1752.jpg

E

Easyrasta

much props, great thread and tons of dedication
hope you are blessed with a good harvest.
peace
Ez

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Aye, captain. I'm giving her all she's got!

Giddeon,
Have to fire up the top feed yet. I have a couple of pumps to try out, and if they don't work, I'll just have to get a bigger one. I'll tryto remember to post up which one I end up using.

G

GWAP

If you find those existing pumps you have don't work out, I can do some calcs to determine head pressure and recommend a pump. IME you don't want to oversize the pump to much due to due to back pressure and creating more heat than you have too.

Definitely bigger than they were last week!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damn TF... I'm always looking forward to your updates, not one disappointment yet. Just curious, how did you adhere the reflectix on the tub lids? It looks like they're molded to fit the curves... :wondering

S

Socachi

TF your design skills are simply amazing. I'm not quite understanding the risers?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Gwap,
I would definitely start with one of my smaller pumps, and work my way up, but If I run into trouble, I'll hit you up. Plants are double already from the pics from last monday!

Shady,
Thanks for the props. The Reflectix on the lids is just done with the aluminum tape. I made a rectangle to fit the inset center, then I made strips that would wrap the 4 sides.

Socachi,
the risers are just to allow me to tilt up the lids like in the picture, for root inspection, with a plant in the net pot. A shorter riser, and the lid wouldn't tilt up because of the drip head would be in the way.

-TF

S

Socachi

Yeah that's what I thought but in lookin at the pics it looks like the have water piped to em w valve. So it made me wonder ???

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Update

Well,
I decided that my current water filtration wasn't cutting it. Good unit, (Hydrologic Tall Boy) But I still had 290 PPM after filtration. That is with the better carbon filter as well. So, after a call to Hydrologic, I decided to add a Merlin RO to the mix. Now I get 20 PPM. Much better.

IMG 1794

Next I had to work on some removable panels. So, I made panels out of double thick 2" foam insulation.

IMG 1795

Made a pass through for the pipes, etc, and foamed it in.
You see the under mpb room is for the rez's, storage, and it is a air passage for the light cooling.

IMG 1796

I wrapped it with a little carpet, added some handles and bada bing! Easy access, and separated airspace when closed.

IMG 1803

IMG 1804

Little shot of the MPB tank plumbing.

IMG 1797

100g RO Tank

IMG 1799

Transfer pump from 100g RO storage to main rez.

IMG 1801

And of course the girls...

IMG 1806

I unfortunately screwed around with that damn Pyrethrum again. :doh

IMG 1813

I figured it would be safe now, seeing as they are decent size. Fortunately I sprayed just the one a day ago. It was the runt to begin with. Oh well. I gotta guess that the stuff is just too strong. After reading it it states not to get the leaves wet. I definitely did that. :swear
I coulda sworn that I just used to spray and go with that stuff, but maybe I am wrong. Any one with experience with this stuff want to chime in on this one? Maybe just a fine misting? I don't have any bugs, but these are clones from a dispensary, and I just want to watch my ass. At this point I don't want to spray anything like that unless I have to for fear of botching the other ones. I just need my 5 for flower. :rauch08:

-TF

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have a can of that and I would never spray plants with it

if it aint broke dont fix it bro!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

So, if you got a can of that pyrethrum, how would you use it?
Is it just bad, or did my drive by on that plant, just saturate it too much?
Maybe a fine fog into the general area? Truthfully, after my last incidents,
I don't know if I will have the balls to use it on a plant that I care about.

Top Bottom