100% Perlite Hempy

• Thread starter MegaSuiter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I grow most of my plants in perlite, also with house and garden. I don't measure ph or ec but ph is roughly 5.5 - 6.7. EC 1.2-1.8 depending on plant and pot size. It frankly does not matter that much.

View attachment 641319

View attachment 641324

View attachment 641322

I usually use wires to keep my plants down instead of up so can't help you there. Maybe ductape the bamboo to the outside of the pots. And yes, it gets green sometimes. I call it mojito growing. Never had pests with perlite and it's imo the easiest way to grow.

Like seamaiden said, treat it like hydro. That's why I use it. I prefer NFT but small perlite bottles allow me to grow many small plants without roots getting entangled in a tray (need to be able to remove males and some females) while still getting mediumless hydro-like results.

O haze:
View attachment 641325
That's one thing I dislike about going back to hydro after doing a couple Organic runs. I got myself into the 'if there are any dead roots in there, let the microbeasties break em down' mindset after awhile. I transferred a couple rapid rooters to my DWC last month, but then I realized there were 2 plants in each plug. In soil I would have just cut the weaker one off at the base and let the other one go... so I did... then realized I was growing in hydro and there weren't actually any microbeasties down there waiting to convert dead matter to plant food. Long story short, I'm re-setting up my DWC system again today, one plant per plug!

jewsh808

jewsh808

Think I was just watering too heavy and too often, will try the next round with more preventative Just gonna stick mainly with super light roots B2 soil...it has done me no wrong super fast draining

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
Years ago I used s product that was composed of compressed diatomaceous earth,tiny granules and had excellent cation, but the product was quite costly but gave good holding foundation for the roots... here's one I'm going to look at...
Espoma organic Soil Perfecto
they say made of some kinda volcanic rock and is fired in kiln like diatomaceous earth granules...
cw

Ytransplant

Ytransplant

Okay guys. Transplanted these guys almost two weeks ago. Time to start training them.
I put all the bamboo into the pots today and realized that he Perlite doesn't provide a lot of support. Anyone growing in straight Perlite? When the roots fill out will I achieve more support? That's what I predict, but curious because I can't find anyone taking about supporting their plants in straight Perlite.
Thanks!View attachment 640952
I realize this thread is old but HAD TO RESPOND in your defense....there are ppl like Dr.McSuckit in every forum...9 out of 10 times they are frustrated growers that can only grow toenail fungus....straight perlite is used by many growers...I use a 4:1 perlite/vermiculite myself, so I'm 80% perlite....my 1st garden was started my 21st birthday in 1979....I now have 39yrs of hydro experience...I have used EVERY system which became popular over the decades and NOW grow only hempy buckets with mostly perlite...the addition of 20% vermiculite is mainly for transplanted seedlngs..it hold just enuf extra water to help the roots set faster.....THE OFFICIAL HEMPY THREAD on another forum by the Hempy originator, uses a 3:1 perlite to vermiculite mix...AGAIN, mostly perlite....it is clean, completely inert, holds a ton of air in the pours....I have used it with EVERY SYSTEM I ever used except DWC....Experts around the world use it great success....dont let ppl like McSuckit get under your skin, because he made it clear he IS NOT knowledgeable about grow mediums....pics of my last hempy crop and a cpl bud shots from it..YT
20170603 160449
20171017 185347
20170727 232119 1
Screenshot 2016 06 24 22 46 46 1 1 1 1 11

Last edited:
Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Hempy with straight perilite is fantastic!!!
Best “chem” grows I ever had.
I just treated the hempy as a bare root grow and never looked back.
I ran the original hempy watering
Once every 3 days
Sometimes I miss those hempies....
Sometimes

Latest posts

Top Bottom