1000 plus watt LED Grow

• Thread starter K11NG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Just a few photos of the burmese kush scrog under a my blacksatar 900. would put more pics up but I havent figured out how to upload multiple pics at one shop with the new interface. hope everyone enjoys.
OH AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE FOLLOWED MY THREAD AND SEEN MY PROGRESS I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS. THEY ARE GOING TO PUBLISH ONE OF MY LADIES IN HIGH TIMES AUG ISSUE, GOES ON SALE MID JUNE. NOW ANYONE WHO STILL BELEIVES LEDs DONT WORK, THEN THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THE BUDS IN HIGH TIMES ARE FAKE!!! YES MY LED GROWN LADIES MADE IT INTO HIGH TIMES. I will post the submitted photo in a few days for a sneak peak

Wow K11NG thats crazy!!!!!!

Congratz dude, u deserve it. Glad I have had the pleasure to Post with you over the past year and a bit. Kick ass! I will totally pick up that issue. Remind me though, I am a stoner haha.

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

I think it has more or less been established that about a foot from the light is the sweet spot, give or take a bit.

It all depends on what you want them to cover, obviously the higher you raise them the better coverage but also less intensity and penetration.

You can certainly get them closer to the LEDs as heat isn't a problem, but there has been cases of Bleaching with some of the higher Watt LEDS getting to close to the canopy.

What to you mean about ''the higher watt LEDs'', if its one light they are all the same watt LED's.

Medijuana

Medijuana

What to you mean about ''the higher watt LEDs'', if its one light they are all the same watt LED's.

I was going to try to help you out with an answer, but I'm not clear on what you're asking. Can you clarify?

Dunge

Dunge

Let me try.
A 3 watt LED is often driven at less than 3 watt to lower heat and increase efficiency.
Each spectrum group is driven independently to optimize performance of the entire unit.

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

I get ya now mj, i guess i was thinking you were talking about a light that had different watt LED's in the fixture, my bad man. It was dumb to bring up after re reading your post, my bad. But i will say that with my 3 watt LED's in my light, my plants need to be pretty close, but 1 watt lights will penetrate more. I think this would be the only way for bleaching to take place. Heck my plants were basically touching my lights and had no issues. I am just getting used to them, but do really like them so far. I had them way to far away, but the dude i got them from told me 18'', but he ran 8 to 10 at a time so im sure the foot prints over lapped. So i know know to get em closer, but that dude did get the 1g per watt, easy.

But talking LED's there are so many opinions and lots of haters, most of which have never used one. So like i said im just dialing them in and am not set up as of now with a resent move, sucks. But cant wait to get started with them now knowing the distance i need from my plants.

And yeah Dunge i did know this, but thank for jumping in my friend........

I have a ton of info from a friend who collected over 100's of different types of lights, LED that is, with a brake down of cost, watts, true watts from meter and other info if anyone wants the link just let me know. Its very interesting and i was able to see my true light watt output,

Keep er Green

LSY

Medijuana

Medijuana

But i will say that with my 3 watt LED's in my light, my plants need to be pretty close, but 1 watt lights will penetrate more. I think this would be the only way for bleaching to take place.

Sorry bro, but now you're really confusing the hell out of me. It looks like you're saying a 1 watt LED array is more powerful than a 3 watt array? How do you figure this?

BTW, the 357Mag I'm using DID bleach a leaf that got within 8" of the light. This a 3 watt array unit. Here's a pic:

Bleached Leaf

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Sorry bro, but now you're really confusing the hell out of me. It looks like you're saying a 1 watt LED array is more powerful than a 3 watt array? How do you figure this?

No im not trying to say that, i am saying that a 3 watt led will spread out more then a 1 watt led. And it is fact that the one watt LED'S will penetrate more then a 3 watt LED, im not saying more power just spreads the light different. A one watt will point more straight, yet a 3 watt will spread out more is all. Thats why in my first attempt to grow with them, i had them to far away. So im not trying to tell you 1 watt is more powerful, i am just telling you it will penetrate better. And if your light is a one watt set up then i can see it bleaching, but i have just never ran into anyone who had any bleaching with a 3 watt set up is all.

BTW, the 357Mag I'm using DID bleach a leaf that got within 8" of the light. This a 3 watt array unit. Here's a pic:

Man ya didn't need to show me a pic, i would have believed you if you had said ''it happen to my plant'', but no big deal. But that leaf to me didnt look like it had bleaching issues, but thats my opinion.

LSY

Medijuana

Medijuana

No im not trying to say that, i am saying that a 3 watt led will spread out more then a 1 watt led. And it is fact that the one watt LED'S will penetrate more then a 3 watt LED, im not saying more power just spreads the light different. A one watt will point more straight, yet a 3 watt will spread out more is all.

But that leaf to me didnt look like it had bleaching issues, but thats my opinion.

I have never heard of this 'fact' before about a 1 watt array being more penetrating than a 3 watt array. Can you please reveal where I you found this info? I hope you can understand that this makes absolutely no sense, and I'd really like to know how you've come into this knowledge. To me, it sounds like a fishy sales pitch.

Also, that leaf was bleached. I only got a picture of it the day after I pruned it (thus it was half dry), and it was pruned about 2 weeks after the bleaching occurred, so the cells that were damaged in the bleaching event had already died off and turned brown. It was the only leaf that got that close to the light, and no other leaf on the plant (or any of the plants) had that happen to them. The day it happened, the damaged area of the leaf turned a light yellow color and became very friable in the damaged area. Over time, that area eventually turned brown and crispy while the rest of the leaf survived.

p.s. Sorry about the thread jack King

K11NG

K11NG

Mail 960x541
Sorry sorry been so busy with life sometimes forget that I have a duty to share progress. gonna keep it short and just post a few pics! the first picture is my lsd that is going to be in high times in there august issue. you guys get to see it here first! the rest of the photos are just a few of my personal favorites. I will eventually post my results of my scrog burmese kush under the blackstar 900 when I get some more time. Also I just wanna thank everyone that has stuck around and watch my threads, it really does give me more of a reason to keep pushing the limits with my technics and leds.View attachment 216346

IMAG0435 1 2 1 1024x654
IMAG0599 577x1024
IMAG0587 1024x577
K11NG

K11NG

going thru some old journal pics figured Id toss up some throwbacks.

And if anyone is wondering about my 900 blackstar results I am a lazy bastard and havent fully weighd everything, still in curing jars. Just by what I have weighd and what I have left its in the range of 11 to 13 ozs. I know your saying that a 2 zip difference, the reason I say this is because the burmese this time around came out super dense so its hard to say for sure. I promise I will post all the results when I fully weigh it all out and get all my notes together from that grow/ harvest.

IMG 20111215 161806
IMG 20111215 165929
IMG 20111215 165830
IMG 20110917 155920 1024x768
IMG 20110917 204619 1024x768
IMG 20110925 203455
IMG 20110928 214431 1024x768
W

willy led wonka

damn,,,,k11ng!! Now you have me thinking im missing something....lol. My best is 10+ zips so far with blueberry headband and purple og. Guess im gonna have to step my game up...lol. Just kidding. Its nice to see someone else having great results. Lets others know what can be done with the sg602s and the bs900. My question is which light do you light better and why? I would ask you this in a pm to keep some of the bs out,,,,but i cant seem to figure that out since the site changed. Congrats on your HT pics and keep up the good work. Im getting ready to add Co2 and see what that can do with the leds also. Gonna drop it into the fans on top of the lights and let the lights disperse it out thru the heat sinks right down onto the plants. I will have to let you know how that goes if your interested. Im also postin some pics in the Emerald triangle cherry og and RPK threads. Oompa times in our garden!! Wonka

K11NG

K11NG

K11NG, that's amazing. Seriously, I'm so happy to read that.

I'm the new kid on the block but I love to hear of such amazing success stories.

You're one of the the trailblazers. Outstanding!
thanx man I appreciate it

K11NG

K11NG

Well its been a while since I've posted let alone log in. Deffinetaly lost touch with the forum unfortunately . This is going to be a quick post for anyone who is interested what I've been up to. Been kind of taking a break from the public but I happen to have some great news. I am going to be in the March issue of high times. Yeah that's correct I did it once again, tricked those guys into thinking less work! Lmao no but on a serious note I really am featured in there March issue that goes on sale mid January. I'll post the picture that will be published soon fo9r all m y fellow farmers in advance.hope that the great people that watch me so it once are still around to watch history happen again

Top Bottom