• Start date
  • Tagged users None

who would a woodchuck chuck

• Total voters
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Funny..sounds like some of you are using the mh and hps as the same light...y'all do know that one is blue for veg.and one is more reds for bloom right?
Depends at what stage your calling veg. Clone to pre veg I use t-5 and just recently added a red LED. In veg gavitas are turned down to 500 W. Then I slowly increase to 850 W before flipping to bloom at 1000-1150 W.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
315 only cover a 3x3 area. Need 6-8 for an 8x8.

I would use 3 to match 2 600 hps. But preferably 2 hps to 1 cmh when i tested.

If you only go by the numbers, sure. But I've seen these in action and they are absolutely comparable to a 600w light. I would have no qualms personally about using 4 to light an 8x8. 6-8 of them would be hotter than hell in that space.

I use 2 thousands to light an 8x8 and it's about 30w per square foot in the room. Last harvest was right around 3 pounds, and the heat is easily manageable with bare bulbs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you only go by the numbers, sure. But I've seen these in action and they are absolutely comparable to a 600w light. I would have no qualms personally about using 4 to light an 8x8. 6-8 of them would be hotter than hell in that space.

I use 2 thousands to light an 8x8 and it's about 30w per square foot in the room. Last harvest was right around 3 pounds, and the heat is easily manageable with bare bulbs.

I have one. I have tested extensively in my room. I do 3 pounds with 2 600’s if i monocrop a known cutting.

But i staggar harvest a plant every week or two normally. I did my testing a couple years ago.

Direct comparison was 15oz for 315cmh amd 24 oz for 600hps.

The lighting companies state 3x3 area as well. 4x4 for veg. I also agree. Its a bit intense in a 3x3 tent for early plants.

And the open reflector 315 runs about as hot as my air cooled 600’s.

Thats my experience with a sun system/phillips 315 lec.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have one. I have tested extensively in my room. I do 3 pounds with 2 600’s if i monocrop a known cutting.

But i staggar harvest a plant every week or two normally. I did my testing a couple years ago.

Direct comparison was 15oz for 315cmh amd 24 oz for 600hps.

The lighting companies state 3x3 area as well. 4x4 for veg. I also agree. Its a bit intense in a 3x3 tent for early plants.

And the open reflector 315 runs about as hot as my air cooled 600’s.

Thats my experience with a sun system/phillips 315 lec.

I'll take your word for it since I don't have one, I'm far to stuck in my ways to ever stray away from my beloved 1000w HPS bulbs lol.

Like I said I just have buddies who are using them. They're swapping out 600's for 315's and getting very comparable yields for way less power. I'll have to ask next time I see them but of the 3 guys I'm thinking they have all noted an increase in gpw, as well as an increase in resin return when making shatter etc.
It could very well be they are replacing the 600's with a larger number of 315's but still less power draw overall, I'm not 100% on that. These guys grow in massive steel buildings with a lot of lighting. One dude is running 3 phase power with a 600 Amp service. Balancing energy consumption with yield is a much bigger deal for them than it is for me.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And sure.. Some cuttings I could yield more if I grew only that strain, but what fun would that be? Variety is the spice of life. My bubba kush kills my numbers honestly... Its a terrible yielder but the smoke is second to none.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And sure.. Some cuttings I could yield more if I grew only that strain, but what fun would that be? Variety is the spice of life. My bubba kush kills my numbers honestly... Its a terrible yielder but the smoke is second to none.

Have been harvesting a different plant for variety every week or two for a few years. More work but worth it. Plus the variety for coconut oil and now maybe hash thanks to your tutorial.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Have been harvesting a different plant for variety every week or two for a few years. More work but worth it. Plus the variety for coconut oil and now maybe hash thanks to your tutorial.

A very noice.
I have 4 varieties right now, Platinum cookies easily tields double what my bubba cut does. I just dropped a couple strains though and will be bringing in a couple new ones so final yield could vary.

I do all mine same time, same room. If I had more veg space I would stagger also. But my flower room is also my veg room..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A very noice.
I have 4 varieties right now, Platinum cookies easily tields double what my bubba cut does. I just dropped a couple strains though and will be bringing in a couple new ones so final yield could vary.

I do all mine same time, same room. If I had more veg space I would stagger also. But my flower room is also my veg room..

Want to say here that i dont grow for yield. The yield came from practice. I grow for the healthiest plants i can manage and to let them truly finish with as much potential as i can. Thats my priority.

I fill my flower room as needed from a veg tent in the adjacent room. Also serves as a lung room for the flower room. And my workspace and storage.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Want to say here that i dont grow for yield. The yield came from practice. I grow for the healthiest plants i can manage and to let them truly finish with as much potential as i can. Thats my priority.

I fill my flower room as needed from a veg tent in the adjacent room. Also serves as a lung room for the flower room. And my workspace and storage.

I like your priorities. So many people get way too hung up on yield... I'm all about overall quality and growing healthy plants that are free of pests and disease. And, having a little variety. Day vs night strains and all that. If a plant has the qualities I'm looking for, yield isnt even a consideration.

Gotta say though, this platinum gsc cut would be a great monocrop, huge yield, amazing almost diesel fuel aroma I assume it gets from the OG parentage. And unbelievably smooth and flavorful smoke. Nice clear uplifting high, but also quite intense.. Not to mention, an absolute beast of a plant to grow. That's a pgsc leaf in my Avatar, it's got these huge fans with double serrated saw blade leaves .. This one is a keeper in my garden for sure.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Funny..sounds like some of you are using the mh and hps as the same light...y'all do know that one is blue for veg.and one is more reds for bloom right?

Oh I agree..you have to use both to get the right spectrums... that's why I switched to led...still sounds like ppl.are confused about there lights..js
Friend I think your the only one that’s confused.. we are taking about ceramic metal halide not metal halide..
Also with the 315 s.. if it’s a good vert fixture with the Phillips Agro bulb it rivals a 600 (still not quite but close)
A non vert 315 with pretty much any other bulb is basically a 400 hps with a better spectrum

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

My buddy has both and the vert with the proper bulb owns the other 315 horizontal with cheaper bulb. Big diff

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

by the way I’ve decided to get the 1k nanolux cmh. It can dim down to 500. I can use it in pretty much any space. Going to just use it in 8x8.. that’s it.. will get 50 watt cobs for edges if necessary but fuck the math.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1 are those the ones you rockin bro?
Ya, there buties. I’ve got 4, only running 2 with the 2 gavitas rite now.
D06464ED 87F3 4AC4 ACA4 0890BD2903EF
I swap the bulb in veg to this Phillips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom