1000w Cmh Vs 800w Cobs Side By Side

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
building the RDWC system on sunday and will be starting monday with Day 1,I still have to build the cobs,All the parts will be here tomorrow so ill have alot to do in 1 day.Im debating on putting a divider between the two sets of lights.Will see how it works out.I guess i could hang something from the ceiling and let it go down to scrog.Plants are ready to be flipped for sure,6 GG4 and 6 Wedding cake
pretty good for 17 days of growth since the first pic was taken.
View attachment 825072
Nice to see you using a chiller.

H

heisen

Got everything built and put together.today is the official start of day 1,I placed the plants as evenly as possible as far as size and branches.
6 gorilla glue #4 and 6 jbeezy wedding cake.
There are 3 of each under each light.

20180828 001702

H

heisen

1 week update,
What can I say.the growth under the 1000 CMH looks fuller and greener than the cobs.im surprised by this cause I thought it would be the opposite.i knew when looking at the cmh how bright it seemed but this is for sure the tops look nicer under the cmh.
7 weeks to go.
Cobs
20180902 220827

CMH

20180904 002425

Group

20180904 002418

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

@heisenbubble, I have a couple questions. Do you think the CMH would work in a 5x5 tent with 7’ ceilings or is it just way to hot for that?
I notice that I don’t see CMH with air cooled hoods (or maybe I’m just blind or stoned). Does the bulbs not work well being air cooled or something?

Edit: I see you hood is air-cooled capable. I just haven’t seen the advertised that way I guess.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Give or take,may be the camera angle but there a little more than 14 inches which is where I run them.to close and it stresses the plants and creates hot points.
Yeah it looks like 2‘ :D
Ive been keepin em pretty close cpl weeks after flip.
Mine are @50w, only drawbacks im noticing is too much frost:drunk2: im thinking they not heating the canopy much @ 50w..... ur gals lookin fine as m8:love2:

H

heisen

Yeah it looks like 2‘ :D
Ive been keepin em pretty close cpl weeks after flip.
Mine are @50w, only drawbacks im noticing is too much frost:drunk2: im thinking they not heating the canopy much @ 50w..... ur gals lookin fine as m8:love2:
I notice the plants always right under the lights always have less frost talking inches.16 to 18 inches seems to be the sweet spot.any closer and the plants start to look stressed

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

@heisenbubble ooowweee :) I cant wait for this one :) I just got myself a Viridi 1000w cmh (www.gaiastoolbox.com). I think the cmh will do much better this time, because it's de and 1000w, i just feel the light intensity and penetration will be much better than with 3 x 315's. Can't wait to see how this one goes!! Thanks again for doing this for us all mr @heisenbubble sir :)

H

heisen

@heisenbubble ooowweee :) I cant wait for this one :) I just got myself a Viridi 1000w cmh (www.gaiastoolbox.com). I think the cmh will do much better this time, because it's de and 1000w, i just feel the light intensity and penetration will be much better than with 3 x 315's. Can't wait to see how this one goes!! Thanks again for doing this for us all mr @heisenbubble sir :)
My first comparison was with 2 315s and it was ok but just wasnt enough for a 4x5 footprint.3 of them would prob have been better but i think a 315 is really for a 3x3 footprint and 2 would be better for a 6x3.They just wont get out to 4 feet.4 would be perfect for a 6x6 or 6x5.I do think the 1000 is perfect for a 4x4 or 4x5 though.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

My first comparison was with 2 315s and it was ok but just wasnt enough for a 4x5 footprint.3 of them would prob have been better but i think a 315 is really for a 3x3 footprint and 2 would be better for a 6x3.They just wont get out to 4 feet.4 would be perfect for a 6x6 or 6x5.I do think the 1000 is perfect for a 4x4 or 4x5 though.
So far from what I can see in my usage, my new 1000w is much brighter and noticeabley outperforming my two 630w de lumatek cmh's with regards overall brightness and also light penetration. And exponentially so over my old 315w. I can only deduce that it's because it's coming from a single source and us therefore concentrated. The ceramic element is obviously heating to a much higher temp and therefore burning brighter than 3 x 315's. Im only guessing, but my guess would be that a 1000w de cmh on a light mover would outperform three or maybe four 315's. I also think adding a light rail would prob give it the edge overall over led, as the cobs main advantage seems to be coverage, but im just speculating :)
Im strapped in tight for this one for sure :)

BombBP

BombBP

Very nice thread. Now, are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the plants in the middle stretching less?

Top Bottom