12-1 Veg Cycle

• Thread starter MIMediGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMediGrow

MIMediGrow

I just started reading about 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off light cycle. Wondering if anyone has used it and does it work

Icemud

Icemud

12-1 works fine indoors, and with artificial lights.. (for veg)

I have used it with HPS, CMH, MH, white full spectrum led and blurple LED and it works fine with all of these types of lights.

I have used it with over 20 cultivars and all of them reacted fine. I have only had 2 strains ever act funny with it where they pushed pistils out after an extended 5+ month veg time as mothers.

It works absolutely fine. The only thing you need to make sure is that the night interruption light has some red spectrum.

I don't know what the others that say it doesn't work were doing but it works very well, and saves 5 hours of electricity per day over 18/6.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

If your trying to save 5 hours of light growing pot maybe your in the wrong line of work.

No reinventing wheels here
12/13 on 12/11 off proven way to grow

Kinda reminds me of people plucking all the leaves off

Icemud

Icemud

If your trying to save 5 hours of light growing pot maybe your in the wrong line of work.

No reinventing wheels here
12/13 on 12/11 off proven way to grow

Kinda reminds me of people plucking all the leaves off

Leave out the rudeness man.. no need for that...

Its not reinventing any wheels.. some veg with 18, 24, some use 12-1 or GLR as its known by.. to each their own..
All I was saying is that yes it works. and saving money with less electricity is a bonus.. especially with plants getting the same growth as 18/6.

All it is doing is reverting the state of phytochrome quickly which keeps plants in veg. This process naturally happens during dark periods anyhow, but the quick burst of light with red light reverses the state of phytochrome quickly. Nothing being reinvented, just using knowledge of c3 plants light reactions.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Sure does work... Doesn't matter if your indoors or out....

Last edited:
kronic19

kronic19

12 hours light 5.5 hours dark and 1 hour light and then again 5.5hours dark. It's pretty good on electricity bill and good for veg.

bongzaway

bongzaway

fucked up an entire outdoor grow for me years back ( started indoors with the bullshit GLT and moved to outside). stressed the fuck otta every strain...weak immune system, herms, and loss of vigoor. never agin. play with fire scarecrow?

if it actually worked dont ya think the big comm grows would be spinnng it? they aint! If any big boys is pulling in big weight and using GLT lemme know. highly doubt it...indoors or out

Last edited:
N

nanook

fucked up an entire outdoor grow for me years back ( started indoors with the bullshit GLT and moved to outside). stressed the fuck otta every strain...weak immune system, herms, and loss of vigoor. never agin. play with fire scarecrow?

if it actually worked dont ya think the big comm grows would be spinnng it? they aint! If any big boys is pulling in big weight and using GLT lemme know. highly doubt it...indoors or out

can see that you f*d up your grow if you switch schedule. Some big boys are actually using this schedule successfully. Happen to read about it yesterday, forgot though which company it was.

N

nanook

It is called gas lantern routine. Short version, it doesn't work with artificial lighting. It will work outdoors because of the full spectrum light from the sun.
How does it work outdoors?

Top Bottom