13-2-13 / 0-52-34 / injectors

• Thread starter peoplewish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
peoplewish

peoplewish

We use two concentrates injected at ~1:100, A: 13-2-13 plug mix B: 0-52-34 PEAK.
Media: CoCo Coir amended with dolomite lime.
Fertigate: One time daily, drain to waste.
Ph: 5.8-6.2
EC: .8-1.2
NPK: (Currently) 140-80-203

Background. We began a year ago using "Spurrs groundbreaking methods" with our injectors, NPK, 162-87-201, well as close as we could get with our concentrates, 160-81-220. Many of our genetics preformed just as well as they had before using GH, calmg+ and epsom salts, 5/5/7/5/2.5g (m/g/b/calmg/epsom). However, some strains that ran well before began to run terribly with our injectors. Our plants were producing pebble sized fruits encapsulated with leafs and the strains that preformed better were seemed to have a higher caylx to leaf ratio and less density.

Our second run we dialed back the injectors from 160-81-220 to 140-80-203. Our plants preformed much better this round, however there is still to much leaf development in flower, fruits are not as dense as they could be. Could this be because of P in excess of 70 is locking out other elements?

We are beginning our third round and are thinking of taking the extra K that is provided by the coco into account and lowering that number. We found that when we lower P, N becomes more available, has anyone else found this to be true? This round we are going to run 150-60-187, does anyone have an opinion of this profile? We need a profile that we can run daily to run off. Fwiw we considered running 97-60-105 because we have had success with it in the past.

Thanks in advanced for any input,
-PDub

straincreation

straincreation

This should help you figure out what is locking what out. You are correct in saying the k locks out N the third chart should help you find your problem. I dont have experience with injectors, i cant say i even heard of them besides injecting into main stem back in the 70s with kool aid lol.
This chart should help you fine tune your recipe.
Happy farmin;)

peoplewish

peoplewish

I believe p was too high going to shoot for ~60, thoughts?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've found that 13-2-13 plug mix (or anything similar) contains too much nitrogen to use through flower. Try a formula that will take your nitrogen down lower in flower, or use teas as a weekly/bi-weekly amendment with lighter feeds. Just out of curiosity who recommended to use plug mix? What brand is it?

peoplewish

peoplewish

Our calculations led us to plug because it is low in P. With our dosers and concentrate we can manipulate N anywhere from 20ppm to 200ppm and from .2% -2.00% injection rate. We can set our dosers to feed formulas from 200-213-415 to 20-21-41 and anything in between using just 13-2-13 and 0-52-34. Its just picking the proper ratios for our system. DTW, Coco, we are thinking, somewhere between 160-61-195 and 120-58-162, thoughts?
IMG 1749

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Our calculations led us to plug because it is low in P. With our dosers and concentrate we can manipulate N anywhere from 20ppm to 200ppm and from .2% -2.00% injection rate. We can set our dosers to feed formulas from 200-213-415 to 20-21-41 and anything in between using just 13-2-13 and 0-52-34. Its just picking the proper ratios for our system. DTW, Coco, we are thinking, somewhere between 160-61-195 and 120-58-162, thoughts?View attachment 444412

Ya you can adjust your feed ratio but not your npk ratio without overdoing your k...I would shoot more for 120-58-162 esp in coco. Message me if you wanna chat more about it

peoplewish

peoplewish

Ya you can adjust your feed ratio but not your npk ratio without overdoing your k...I would shoot more for 120-58-162 esp in coco. Message me if you wanna chat more about it
Great thanks, do you think that 128-58-162 supplies an adequate NPK for the entire life cycle of the plant, i.e. veg, stretch, full flower an ripening?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Its very close to the ratio I'm running but I supplement extra N in veg and extra K in flower via organic amendments that there are no substitute for synthetically

peoplewish

peoplewish

Did you find that royal gold has a really high salt content out of the bag? We did tests on their pure coco and found EC readings over 1.5

Canna was very low about 150 ppm

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Did you find that royal gold has a really high salt content out of the bag? We did tests on their pure coco and found EC readings over 1.5

Canna was very low about 150 ppm

if it does it helped it perform better than every other coco product we used...canna is really good stuff but tupur is the most versatile and forgiving IME

peoplewish

peoplewish

Interesting. Do you supply Ca and Mg through the medium or fertigation? I am gonna pick up a sack of tupur.

I think castings top dressed in veg would be good. What would you suggest to amend with in flower for that K boost?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

all of my nutes are supplied thorugh fertigation, top dressing castings works but you can get gnats pretty bad that's why I just brew a tea with castings and good soil...potassium chloride, potassium nitrate, and potassium sulfate are the most common K boosters, I also rely heavily on K mobilizing bacteria in OGBIOWAR packs. I'm not using a K-specific booster in flower, I just use less nitrates.

peoplewish

peoplewish

Your injecting the teas? Very cool man, your killing it. What rate are you injecting your teas at?

Last edited:
Top Bottom