16 Day Skywalker Og | Claw, Stunted, Help!

• Thread starter hkh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hkh

hkh

My Skywalker OG was having problems carrying the weight of it's top growth early on. It was about a week ago when I staked a toothpick to give her support and watered her as it was time.

She's been showing symptoms of over-watering since then, with her leaves drooping into a claw shape and growth's stunted for a while as well.

I let the pot totally dry out, noticed that the newest leaves are starting to pick up growth again, but the plant is still drooping as though its over-watered.

At this point, I'm decided between feeding her some nutes in her existing pot or transplant her into a fabric pot + feed her.

Would really appreciate some help here.

16 day skywalker og  claw stunted help
16 day skywalker og  claw stunted help 2
Monster762

Monster762

My Skywalker OG was having problems carrying the weight of it's top growth early on. It was about a week ago when I staked a toothpick to give her support and watered her as it was time.

She's been showing symptoms of over-watering since then, with her leaves drooping into a claw shape and growth's stunted for a while as well.

I let the pot totally dry out, noticed that the newest leaves are starting to pick up growth again, but the plant is still drooping as though its over-watered.

At this point, I'm decided between feeding her some nutes in her existing pot or transplant her into a fabric pot + feed her.

Would really appreciate some help here.
Should be able to stay in that pot for a little bit.

Im no pro but lack of water will show like overwatering. Leaves just drop then lay flat. Me I would water. How old? If more than 3 weeks I’d feed lightly. What is your ph? I wouldn’t let dry all the way. What kind of soil? If it is a coco blend you don’t want to ever go bone dry. Are you having issues with water saturating? Does it seem to not stay in the soil. Still light after watering?

Reactions: hkh
hkh

hkh

Should be able to stay in that pot for a little bit.

Im no pro but lack of water will show like overwatering. Leaves just drop then lay flat. Me I would water. How old? If more than 3 weeks I’d feed lightly. What is your ph? I wouldn’t let dry all the way. What kind of soil? If it is a coco blend you don’t want to ever go bone dry. Are you having issues with water saturating? Does it seem to not stay in the soil. Still light after watering?
She's 16 days today and I've been watering her w/ 6.5 ph water. The soil is a mix of peat moss and perlite and I haven't been having issues with water saturation.

I agree about keeping her in the pot for a little while longer and I do need to water her soon. I'm going to try to feed her a micro-dose of big bloom and grow big and hope for a turnaround.

Thanks @Monster762

Monster762

Monster762

She's 16 days today and I've been watering her w/ 6.5 ph water. The soil is a mix of peat moss and perlite and I haven't been having issues with water saturation.

I agree about keeping her in the pot for a little while longer and I do need to water her soon. I'm going to try to feed her a micro-dose of big bloom and grow big and hope for a turnaround.

Thanks @Monster762
Yeah 16 days might want a taste of nutes. Just be light on em.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah 16 days might want a taste of nutes. Just be light on em.
I’ve found setting my soil up good requires almost no feeding. I started with a bunch of root stuff no nutes. Just microbes n all. In flower now and 1/4 strength nutes going good.

hkh

hkh

I’ve found setting my soil up good requires almost no feeding. I started with a bunch of root stuff no nutes. Just microbes n all. In flower now and 1/4 strength nutes going good.
Microbes like what?

Monster762

Monster762

Microbes like what?
I personally used mykos. But that’s probably not the cheapest. But either way I spent total like $40 on root stuff. Mykos by extreme gardening and root assist microbe complete by skunk labs. I think mykos was $10 for 2 trial bars the other stuff was $20-30. but it definately is a day n night difference. Check the log I got here. It’s called

multi 8-10 week strains and 2 autos

see how they took off from seed. Mykos is a good starter. The skunk labs is an experiment never heard of it before. but works good too.

hkh

hkh

Hey @Monster762, you were right about the underwatering. Looks like some water and nutes was just what she needed. Looking much better today and will hopefully only get stronger now. Thank you bud.

20180509 155508
Monster762

Monster762

Hey @Monster762, you were right about the underwatering. Looks like some water and nutes was just what she needed. Looking much better today and will hopefully only get stronger now. Thank you bud.
Yeah just don’t overdo it though. Just got to get used to how your plants and soil are taking it.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks top heavy witch is good from rapid growth and normal with seed plants, just get her a little stalk support. You're other issue appears to me is she's hungry for Nitrogen, you're in soilless medium unferted, she's ready to start eating. After that don't water/feed, as you'll need to feed with almost every watering, again till the dixie cup is feather light.

Last edited:
hkh

hkh

Looks top heavy witch is good from rapid growth and normal with seed plants, just get her a little stalk support. You're other issue appears to me is she's hungry for Nitrogen, you're in soilless medium unferted, she's ready to start eating. After that don't water/feed, as you'll need to feed with almost every watering, again till the dixie cup is feather light.
I think you nailed the problem right there. Do you think it would be okay to transplant her while she's having some of these issues?

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I think you nailed the problem right there. Do you think it would be okay to transplant her while she's having some of these issues?
Yeah she's fine brother, I'd transplant her and feed her a light dose and you're good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom