180 day lab test of Avid, Forbid, Floramite, Eagle 20

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Im down 2 and since u guys got the above insecticides covered, I wont to contribute by testing:
The pyrethrins are a pair of natural organic compounds normally derived fromChrysanthemum cinerariaefolium that have potent insecticidal activity. Pyrethrins areneurotoxins that attack the nervous systems of all insects. When present in amounts not fatal to insects, they still appear to have an insect repellent effect. Pyrethrins are gradually replacing organophosphates and organochlorides as the pesticide of first choice. They are non-persistent, being biodegradable, and break down on exposure to light or oxygen. The chemical structure of pyrethrins inspired the production of a variety of synthetic insecticides called pyrethroids such as bifenthrin, permethrin,

in the form of ExciteR, also want to test for:

Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) is an organic compound used as pesticide synergist, especially for pyrethroids and rotenone. It does not by itself have pesticidal properties. However, when added to insecticide mixtures, typically pyrethrin, pyrethroid, andcarbamate insecticides, their potency is increased considerably.[1] It is a semisynthetic derivative of safrole.[2]

because this is used to aid the effectiveness of the Pyrethins.

These things are the only things i notice that rock RAs and i use it often!

What i like about these things(based on what i read) is that is is a organic compound that breaks down easily, thus in my opinion would make it more safe for use. of course lab testin would b the only way to confirm my suspessions, thus my willingness to take part in the testing.

Does anyone have a relationship with a lab that can get us all set up on a group type deal?

Confu...

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I haven't even read all of the replys.... Seriously at 50 bucks a test if your curious test that shit your self. It's not like he spent 10g's on some crazy ass testing. Fuck I pay more for a ppm pen, if your worried about cancer pay the 300 bucks test that shit. Plain and simple treebark is the only dude I know who's taken his time and money to find out. If your worried about it being done right... Do it your self.. That is always a solid rule to live by.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

And if your worried about the lab become a fucking chemist and test that shit. I'm tired of complainers who will dismiss what people say and question the information provided but have zero will to conduct the test themselfs.

S

StonerB

As much as I beleive good growing and cleanliness should prevent the need for any of these products this is a very cool test. Hopefully it will discourage others from using these nasty chems, but unfortunatly many will see this as justification. You cant make peoples descicions for them but at least they will now be informed choices.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

All I use is caps pack and no pest strips and pythren foggers if needed. Keeps my shit under control.

dirk d

dirk d

I use the yellow sticky pads and honestly they do a great job, don't poison anything and when you're done with it just throw it in the garbage. Then I just clean my rooms lol. Pretty soon all your bugs issues will be gone..unless you are a filthy mofo lol

Also i'm getting ready to dunk a few clones i have around 3 weeks in veg in eagle 20. Will veg another 6 weeks and then flower for 9 weeks with a 1 week flush. Then i'll get the plants tested and see what the results are.

green punk

green punk

Tobor posted once that for pests/mites on cuttings to put hotshots in a tote with cuttings and it kills them. I have used them for that. It worked killer.

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

Just wanted to say that I am trying to get in touch with another lab to send off a sample to and I will post results as soon as I get them, could take a week or two as its just one sample.

I'm going to be running more tests in the next few weeks with a few other chems...and more in the future

IMID, Forbid, and E20 used 7-10 days before flower...(that test is happening as we speak)

Same test as before (E20, Forbid, FM, Avid) but with leaving those cuts outside to veg for 2 months to see if the sun breaks it down faster...This will be the longest test, another 150 days before I know anything...

And to all your Cali people I'm just a normal caregiver so if anyone else wants to chime in and get some products tested it would greatly help.

Ever sprayed with floramite or dipped clones? then send your sample to get it tested and lets learn together!

From what I have been told floramite may last several cycles in the indoor world, I'm not going to lie some other stuff we got tested came up with like 2-3 ppm of floramite and it hadn't been sprayed in almost 9-11 months and has gone though at least 4 indoor cycles...

Cheers
TB

Dammit. I came up on this thread AFTER using FM this run lol. I'm SO down to get mine tested and see what comes up.

Sounds like E20 is the way to go, if spraying is NECESSARY then?...

Another tangent, what about the actual effectiveness of each product? You said you sprayed with no bugs/mildew. What if you DID have them? Do you guys think that all of these products are just as effective as the next?

Hey treebark, when you get stuff tested, what do the results look like? As in, on the screen, did it actually say "Floramite: 5ppm" etc., or does it show concentrations of each individual chemical? Just wondering how the results look. VERY interesting stuff...

Thanks again for startin this thread. I'll definitely be following along...

treebark1950

treebark1950

Dammit. I came up on this thread AFTER using FM this run lol. I'm SO down to get mine tested and see what comes up.

Sounds like E20 is the way to go, if spraying is NECESSARY then?...

Another tangent, what about the actual effectiveness of each product? You said you sprayed with no bugs/mildew. What if you DID have them? Do you guys think that all of these products are just as effective as the next?

Hey treebark, when you get stuff tested, what do the results look like? As in, on the screen, did it actually say "Floramite: 5ppm" etc., or does it show concentrations of each individual chemical? Just wondering how the results look. VERY interesting stuff...

Thanks again for startin this thread. I'll definitely be following along...

I've been super swamped! Life has decided to throw me some life curve balls and its FUCKing killing me!

I have had my own share of battles with Spider Mites and PM in the past and IMO these were the only products that actually worked once and infestation has broken lose...I have seen several other of my buddies also sucessfuly rid themselves of PM with E20 and I have had good luck with forbid in the past for new cuts. I used to use Avid and FM a long time ago on new cuts but for some reason I hated spraying those two, and now I know why!!!

It was a screen that had all different Chemical Compounds on it and it was on a Bar Graph looking thing and said the ppm of each compound and Chemical Name of it.

I still have an 8th that I am going to get retested but I just haven't had enough spare time....

EVOKE

EVOKE

Whats up Tbark hows life treating you... hit me up if you have some free time i know ur a busy dude....imma b cruising down to ur area to meet up with schwoop in a week or so...

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

I've been super swamped! Life has decided to throw me some life curve balls and its FUCKing killing me!

I have had my own share of battles with Spider Mites and PM in the past and IMO these were the only products that actually worked once and infestation has broken lose...I have seen several other of my buddies also sucessfuly rid themselves of PM with E20 and I have had good luck with forbid in the past for new cuts. I used to use Avid and FM a long time ago on new cuts but for some reason I hated spraying those two, and now I know why!!!

It was a screen that had all different Chemical Compounds on it and it was on a Bar Graph looking thing and said the ppm of each compound and Chemical Name of it.

I still have an 8th that I am going to get retested but I just haven't had enough spare time....

That's bad ass! How cool would it be to have that equipment yourself?! lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hate battling PM and mites. I'm gonna get all new equipment after my current run and take my cleanliness to the next level haha. Thanks again.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I haven't even read all of the replys.... Seriously at 50 bucks a test if your curious test that shit your self. It's not like he spent 10g's on some crazy ass testing. Fuck I pay more for a ppm pen, if your worried about cancer pay the 300 bucks test that shit. Plain and simple treebark is the only dude I know who's taken his time and money to find out. If your worried about it being done right... Do it your self.. That is always a solid rule to live by.

Except some of us don't live in med states so it's kind of hard to roll into a government testing lab with nugs or cuts.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Except some of us don't live in med states so it's kind of hard to roll into a government testing lab with nugs or cuts.

I doubt he took it to a government lab....lmao. Besides that point your right about people in other states having a harder time testing. If I felt strongly enough I would take a vacation in california sight see and drop off some nugs for testing. Its a good excuse to come check out the beach :D Maybe even time it during a hightimes cup or something. Just last month I had to drive all the way to colorado just to get some lumber for a job. Why? Because in california we dont have it. I could have skipped out on the job and let someone else do it, and then made excuse for other guy making money. I know its not exactly the same, but the point is dont complain about others and the way they do it, when you not willing to do what it takes to do it your self.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I doubt he took it to a government lab....lmao. Besides that point your right about people in other states having a harder time testing. If I felt strongly enough I would take a vacation in california sight see and drop off some nugs for testing. Its a good excuse to come check out the beach :D Maybe even time it during a hightimes cup or something. Just last month I had to drive all the way to colorado just to get some lumber for a job. Why? Because in california we dont have it. I could have skipped out on the job and let someone else do it, and then made excuse for other guy making money. I know its not exactly the same, but the point is dont complain about others and the way they do it, when you not willing to do what it takes to do it your self.

I totally agree. I am one who hasn't complained but praised.

S

serpent

i know with thc testing there is no standard.i can take the same samples to 10 different testing centers and get 10 different results in california.all the way from 8.5 to 21.5 percent of thc.

did you tell the lab what to test for? cause if you did,they might not even test it.just give you a number.lots of lazy,under paid lab techs.

also a lot of growers use multible pesticides in rotation.hows that going to show up on a test.not good.may be.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

can't wait........thanks again for all the hard work..........:cool:

O

Organicyumyum

thier is no resistance to ONE time sparay in veg how can it be resitant to a one time spraying as long as you follow the instructions its all good

dude, eagle 20 is not all good. don't spread misinformation. if you want to spray it on your meds, fine. but don't spread that misinfo for the rest of the world. Eagle 20 is highly toxic, not to mention it doesn't work well. A nice healthy organic compost tea will work a million times better at keeping pm away than Eagle 20. I used that crap once, and not only did the smell of it make me wanna curl up and die, but I still got pm in flowering after I treated my plants in veg. Ever since I started foliar spraying with compost teas i have yet to see a drop of pm anywhere in almost 2 years.

Top Bottom