180 day lab test of Avid, Forbid, Floramite, Eagle 20

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lumpstatus

Can someone smarter than myself tell me how many ppm of avid/floramite would be in a gallon of diluted mixed gallon? So you add 1.25 ml of avid to a gallon of water what would be the ppm of active ingredient in the water? A bottle of avid has 2% abamectin (sp?) We add 1.25 ml to a gal of water how many ppm is in there? I find it really hard to believe 8ppm would be detectable after that long. Neither avid nor floramite are systemic. Avid is translaminar but it doesnt transport active ingredient the way a systemic insecticide would...the buds shouldnt be gettingbthe active ingredient if its not there when sprayed.....just my thoughts. I use avidvin the veg room and my buds are supposedly tested for mold and pesticides every time I submit them to the dispensary and although ive never seen a report ive NEVER hsd anyone say theres pesticide residue detected....

But im going to test this theory myself soon cause you got me curious...

O

ojd

great thread

id like to see stuff get tested after a week or 2 spray before flower as thats how i read everyone doing it

if your geting some after a 10 week veg imagine how much ppm is there after no extra veg and just thrown in flower

peace

L

lumpstatus

Well...I was hoping someone else would chime in because I dont know if my math is anywhere near correct on this....but I think 1 gallon of water mixed with avid has less than 8ppm of active ingredient in it.

So like I said is there anyine who knows how to calculate ppm of abamectin in a gallon of water when you add 1.25ml of avid (2% abamectin) to 1 gallon of water....

Avid is NOT systemic and I cant imagine it could possibly have any detectable amount after so long.

L

lumpstatus

So my question to the guy who started this thread is how do you get 8ppm of avid after 180 days when you never sprayed with 8ppm of avid to begin with? Either you got the tests done by a moron or you are lying and trying to mislead people to not use certain products. I have never seen a report but im told all my meds are tested when I submit them and ive never had ANY detectable amount after 70 days let alone 180. So ill just go ahead and call bullshit until you prove me wrong!

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Relax lump your saying yourself that all your meds are suppose to be tested.. or your told there tested so they could also be lying to you and saying they test them when in reality they don't..
No need to call bullshit just get your buds and have them tested and let us know what you find.
I know tree bark is a cool cat and seems like he knows his stuff but the best way to find out is to get them tested yourself.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I sprayed Floramite sc about 6 weeks ago..(It Worked Great)
Now I am about to flower those plants....

Q.
Will there still be floramite in my buds after a total of 14 weeks?? o_O

L

lumpstatus

Im just going by simple logic. I dont believe him just because hes a cool cat and seems like he knows his stuff. How can you have 8ppm of avid detected after ANY amount of time if your solution of avid isnt even 8ppm when you sprayed? Correct me if im wrong but I dont think thats possible.

Im not the one who made these claims and started this thread. Im not here to prove him right or wrong, thats his job if he wants people to take this seriously and believe what he says. Im here to let everyone know to be very skeptical of these claims.

The guy testing the meds says that 1ppm is ok? By whos standard? I have so many more questions than I have answers... Just saying, everyone seems to be taking his word for it but the better option would be go try for yourself before assuming he is correct. thats what ill be doing eventually...

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

So my question to the guy who started this thread is how do you get 8ppm of avid after 180 days when you never sprayed with 8ppm of avid to begin with? Either you got the tests done by a moron or you are lying and trying to mislead people to not use certain products. I have never seen a report but im told all my meds are tested when I submit them and ive never had ANY detectable amount after 70 days let alone 180. So ill just go ahead and call bullshit until you prove me wrong!

might i ask where you get your meds tested?? please dont tell me its one of those fly by night labs like "budgenious"

those places dont even have the capabillity to test for pesticides or systemics. I spoke with the owner of SCLabs a year ago and he said they were barely acquiring the capability to test for those actives.

L

lumpstatus

Notice that I DONT get my meds tested but im told they get tested before they put them on the shelf.

But your question would be much more valuable for tree bark as hes the one posting his "results" with higher ppm of avid in his buds than you would even spray them with from the get go. Did he follow the label rates?

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Notice that I DONT get my meds tested but im told they get tested before they put them on the shelf.

But your question would be much more valuable for tree bark as hes the one posting his "results" with higher ppm of avid in his buds than you would even spray them with from the get go. Did he follow the label rates?

Then what you claim is at best only conjecture. Atleast this guy is going out of his way to PERSONALLY test his crop. and not just relaying info from some shop.

I will be conducting a similar test on my current crop and will share the results with all of you very soon.

L

lumpstatus

Ok. So I just need to believe him? Ohhhh..people arent allowed to lie on the internet. I forgot. My apologies. I didnt realise that when you mix a solution of .005ppm avid that the buds test out at 8ppm. I question things when they dont make sense. I dont just assume everything people post is true or that maybe the story might have more to it than they say.

Treebark might be a stand up guy and telling the truth...but it doesnt make sense, i havent seen any results, I dont know he used the label rates or if he used 30ml per gal, I dont know who tested the samples and if they are reputable or even have the slightest clue what they are doing.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Ok. So I just need to believe him? Ohhhh..people arent allowed to lie on the internet. I forgot. My apologies. I didnt realise that when you mix a solution of .005ppm avid that the buds test out at 8ppm. I question things when they dont make sense. I dont just assume everything people post is true or that maybe the story might have more to it than they say.

Treebark might be a stand up guy and telling the truth...but it doesnt make sense, i havent seen any results, I dont know he used the label rates or if he used 30ml per gal, I dont know who tested the samples and if they are reputable or even have the slightest clue what they are doing.

Hey sorry man, I just realized that's not right. I did the math as if the avid were equivalent of 1gram of dry salt mixed into a liter of water aka 1000 ppm in the total solution. Then accounted for ur 1.25 ml dose. Dont know why I thought that would be right, but its not. I'm not sure I could figure it out now that I think of it. Ud have to know a lot of other factors I imagine, like what concentrate the abamectin in the avid is. sorry man.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

But I am in ur corner. ..even if the application was 1000 ppm I would think it would significantly decline in presence in the plant...especially after 16 weeks. If not wtf does flushing do exactly then? Thought most all chemicals that aren't made within the plant would be excreted??? Need the resident chemistry nerd on this topic I believe. Need a feature like the hash tag to alert someone lol. Fuck it ill try anyways lol #squiggly

treebark1950

treebark1950

People,

I'm back....it's been a rough few months....family issues and I had to tear down a spot due to landlord issues...long story....

First off I apologize for not replying back to the thread....but what the hell would I gain from lying?

I haven't been on the farm in months...

Getting the meds tested has been on the bottom of my to due list, I can admit that, I've had bigger fish to fry...but I'm going to get back in touch with CA testing authority and get some samples reviewed...

All of the info I posted about ppm was solely what I was told by the Lab who tested my meds the first time....I didn't calculate anything, just repeated what I was told...

Until then call me a phony, I'll be ok with that... :)

I still will avoid pesticides, good ole caps bennies work for me!

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I thought feds ruled landlords can't evict for medical marijuana grows and dispensaries.

Top Bottom