1st Grow At End Of Flower-feedback?

• Thread starter greenstatevt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenstatevt

It's pretty easy to tell when it's dry enough to start curing. I can't speak for anyone else or the proper way, but when it stops pushing the room humidity above 65% then I brown bag it and start trimming. I don't leave it in bags long. I trim quickly and vacuum seal in mason jars with 58% Boveta packs. Some people like to use 62%packs or higher. All I can say is I harvested 11lbs last year (my first personal grow) and only found one dime sise spot of mold 6 months later. I also washed most of my harvest with a dilute H2O2 bath (only on fresh cuts right off the plant), but even the jars of unwashed didn't show any mold and it's been almost a year.
View attachment 829020
If you don't have one already, buy a hygrometer. Mine has been absolutely indispensable during growing and even more during drying. Only a few bucks, and can get a really nice one for around $10.
View attachment 829021

Growing is more than just following instructions. It's an art, and you're an artist. It would be cool if you did a Grow Diary on your next grow. You're the kind of smart MF'er that'll be grafting weed to hops and sh*t, ROFL. Keep up the good work.
Hey thx man!

Ya I’ve got several hygrometers... one in the tent, in the basement, and in the drying box... (with a wyzecam setup to monitor temp/humidity... pretty steady! Setup the drying box w cardboard, a small inline 4” fan on a controller pulling air out into a carbon filter w passive intake... steady as she goes! (Gonna need to rethink the drying box cause the Jack will be done in a couple weeks and likely more from that plant...

51524024 2976 40BF BEF0 D71D32341CB7

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Its obvious you did all your homework before you embarked on your journey. Very good work on a first grow. You will definitely be able to do some great grows.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What are quantum boards? I’m a new grower, this is my first year.

It's a board made up of many COB LEDs. I use a concentrated style of COB so I don't have first hand experience with them but I've read they are excellent lights and they run cheaper than the concentrated COBs . Use the forum search, not the "search seeds" above, and type in "quantum" or "COB led". Before you buy make sure to read up here on the forums. There are some excellent discussions from master growers using them. You need to know what type is needed for veg or bloom or in the mid spectrum for both. Here's an example of a quantum on Amazon (not a reccomendation just an example)...

41vUYGFVj2L AC SY400

https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-LEDs...row+lights&dpPl=1&dpID=41vUYGFVj2L&ref=plSrch

G

greenstatevt

Forgot to mention that I’m also using a co2 bag. A local VT mushrooom one, will report back and take a pic. Temps throughout grow were a little high 80-84 throughout aug, wondering if the co2 helped... probably...

Kush drying, day 3... nothing to report.

Top Bottom