1st Grow. Cotc Cash Crop

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

You have to add the screen b4 flip and tuck and wind branches until the stretch is over.
there autos so he was all screwed up from the get.No topped plants under a scrog lol.plants are 3/4 done and not even in the screen.
I wouldnt stress on the yellowing.It happens this late in the game on autos.Autos will finish faster when root bound and not being fed right.I wouldnt sweat it.Just finish them out and learn from your mistakes.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
there autos so he was all screwed up from the get.No topped plants under a scrog lol.plants are 3/4 done and not even in the screen.
I wouldnt stress on the yellowing.It happens this late in the game on autos.Autos will finish faster when root bound and not being fed right.I wouldnt sweat it.Just finish them out and learn from your mistakes.
I miss alot, didnt know they were autos lol

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks guys. All 3 plants were stunted at the seedling stage. I think that if they weren't, and it the screen was a few inches closer they would have filled at least 75% of the screen. At least it's been a good learning experience for future grows.

I got my loupe in the mail today and had a look at some of the buds. Today marks week #9, and only seeing clear trichomes so far. I'll see about getting some pics posted up tonight or tomorrow.

chuey316

chuey316

Couple pics as of last night. Couldn't get a clear pic of the trich's.
20170607 211819

Plant #1
20170607 212635

Plant #2
20170607 212612

and a random bud pic from #2
20170607 212125

Had to run out and didn't get any of #3

chuey316

chuey316

Correction on age. Yesterday actually marked 8 weeks since breaking soil, not 9.

chuey316

chuey316

Quick update. Week 9, 63 days from sprout. Pretty much all leaves on plants 1 and 2 are yellow, with a few partial green, and the trich's are mostly cloudy on all 3 girls. Found just a couple ambers on the sugar leaves. Thinking about chopping the smallest plant this weekend. I mostly need some good couch lock meds to manage pain, and help me sleep, but I also want some at peak potency that will leave me functional as well.

Would it be a good idea to do it this weekend, or should I wait til I see at least a couple ambers on the buds 1st?

H

heisen

Quick update. Week 9, 63 days from sprout. Pretty much all leaves on plants 1 and 2 are yellow, with a few partial green, and the trich's are mostly cloudy on all 3 girls. Found just a couple ambers on the sugar leaves. Thinking about chopping the smallest plant this weekend. I mostly need some good couch lock meds to manage pain, and help me sleep, but I also want some at peak potency that will leave me functional as well.

Would it be a good idea to do it this weekend, or should I wait til I see at least a couple ambers on the buds 1st?
pics

chuey316

chuey316

I'll see if I can get some decent ones, and upload them in a few minutes.

chuey316

chuey316

They looked cloudy through the loupe, must have been the angles or the lighting, cus I see what you're saying looking at the pics.

@heisenbubble 2 more weeks till mostly cloudy, or 2 weeks till amber? Just double checking cus I want one clopped a bit earlier so it's not so much of a couch lock, but more of a head high.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks ready in that pic, if there are other spots on the plant that look the same Id chop it.
Actually that might just be dirt, not amber trichs...

chuey316

chuey316

I'd say most of the trich's, about 60% are cloudy. The other's are either half clear/cloudy, or mostly clear. Is that good to harvest, or do I wait till there are no more clear, which is about 10-20% of the trich's right now? If it's good to chop I can do it tomorrow after work, which is about 17hrs from now.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would water with straight tap water for at least 10 days before chopping, mostly cloudy is a good place to start the final flush if you want a more uppy heady buzz, wait until you see some amber to start the flush for a more stoney buzz.

chuey316

chuey316

They've been flushed about 2 weeks at this point. I chopped plant 1 a couple hours ago. About 80-90% cloudy, a couple ambers, and some cloudy/clear trich's.

Had better rooting than I expected honestly.
20170622 004857

I'll leave the other 2 till I see more amber. Here's a pic of #2 from earlier.
20170622 005140

and a pic of her main cola. Hard to tell from the pics, but it's about the size of a 20oz bottle in length, and a bit bigger around.
20170622 005109

Plant 3 is about the same size, and plant 1 is probably 3/4 of their size. Pretty anxious to see what the dry weight will be. Any guesses?

chuey316

chuey316

Not a whole lot more to update right now. Buds are looking good. Trichs are still mostly cloudy. Just waiting for some amber to show up before the chop.

Plant 1's buds are in a jar curing now, getting burped for 5-10 minutes twice a day. I quick dried a small bud from the bottom with the microwave before chopping, and was quite stoned. Hope I don't mess up the cure, cus it should be some good meds.

Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

Pulled 25g dry from plant 1. That makes me happy since my goal as a 1st grow was to get 3oz or more, and the other two plants have noticeably more bud. One's probably twice as much.

Haven't smoked any yet, aside from the pre-chop test bud. I'm trying to wait till it's well cured, but I expect to have to start pulling the smallest nugs from the jar before long as my current supply is getting pretty low. I will say that it's starting to get a nice smell to it though.

chuey316

chuey316

I went ahead and the cola's a little bit ago, as they're about 25-30% amber. The rest is less than 5%, so I'm gonna leave it to ripen more.

I just started my vacation, so I'll try to get some pics up.

Top Bottom