1st Indoor Grow

• Thread starter FattyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sugarbooger

K was wondering about the watering because the leaves look like they are drooping and clawing which is usually caused by overwatering ( which causes random micro issues) but could also be a temp problem, where are those at? Definitely magnesium deficient (tacoing) and also calcium will make them "drawstring" or hook to the side like that. To much nitrogen during flower will make the tips of the leaves curl down (just the tips) and in veg it makes the tops real flimsy. Since your in veg I really want to say overwatering. Make sure the pot feels light like it did before you watered it, but not pulling away from the sides of the pot if your not already. Like i said all your micro problems could be caused by overwatering. I'd consider using those for clones and put them under a dome with 24w t5 on it and leave them in there and mist until they root and let them stay there for like a month or until they're showing signs of stress and then move them under your veg light and let them explode into some 1 gallons or whatever. I only say this because you might not want to waste the electricity if these don't start looking better. You need to end up with about 16 c.f. of plant material to fully express a 400w light and about 32 c.f. for a 600. It looks like you have a 2x4 tent which is perfect for the 400w and to small really for a 600w. With no problems you can harvest 8oz under a 400. If you got some clones now (if they're not to soft) you could have several more plants and not have wasted time and money on a potentially shit yield. You might be able to turn them around I dunno. But if they die or produce a shit yield you'll be left with that and an electric bill worth more than what you harvested. I suggest a 400w fluorescent. Low heat and you can switch half the lights off at the beginning of veg so your not wasting lumens. Sorry if that's all choppy my kids hanging all over me.

FattyJ

FattyJ

K was wondering about the watering because the leaves look like they are drooping and clawing which is usually caused by overwatering ( which causes random micro issues) but could also be a temp problem, where are those at? Definitely magnesium deficient (tacoing) and also calcium will make them "drawstring" or hook to the side like that. To much nitrogen during flower will make the tips of the leaves curl down (just the tips) and in veg it makes the tops real flimsy. Since your in veg I really want to say overwatering. Make sure the pot feels light like it did before you watered it, but not pulling away from the sides of the pot if your not already. Like i said all your micro problems could be caused by overwatering. I'd consider using those for clones and put them under a dome with 24w t5 on it and leave them in there and mist until they root and let them stay there for like a month or until they're showing signs of stress and then move them under your veg light and let them explode into some 1 gallons or whatever. I only say this because you might not want to waste the electricity if these don't start looking better. You need to end up with about 16 c.f. of plant material to fully express a 400w light and about 32 c.f. for a 600. It looks like you have a 2x4 tent which is perfect for the 400w and to small really for a 600w. With no problems you can harvest 8oz under a 400. If you got some clones now (if they're not to soft) you could have several more plants and not have wasted time and money on a potentially shit yield. You might be able to turn them around I dunno. But if they die or produce a shit yield you'll be left with that and an electric bill worth more than what you harvested. I suggest a 400w fluorescent. Low heat and you can switch half the lights off at the beginning of veg so your not wasting lumens. Sorry if that's all choppy my kids hanging all over me.
Yeah, I've been piecing this thing together a little at a time. Just didn't want to wait for all the pieces of the puzzle. Next grow is gonna be the 1st official. Just looking for a practice run and a little smoke to hold me over.

FattyJ

FattyJ

Hey bud. It looks like you are using happy frog?not bad stuff,i used it all last year.IMO, it had a lot of organics in it,like peat.tends to get kinda swampy and never dries right? I would strongly recommend adding some vermiculite /perilite to it,either one is fine.Also Try adding dolomite lime stone,get a small bag for suface application. Helps with pH and also supplies lots of CAL/MAG,critical IMO. Try to get temps to 75 or 80 with good air flow.maybe kill exhaust to heat it up?just let a fan run in the tent for GOOD AIR FLOW!☺the plant far right in second pic looks great! They will grow new fan/sun leafs as long as they veg and only stop once you switch to 12/12 flower schedule.Dont be afriad to pull off any thay are damaged ,too big or in the way!once they get bigger this will be a weekly chore!lol. You are running 18on/6off veg light schedule i assume? Try CFLs with color temp like 5000K,6500K. I have a bunch that are 55watts! A couple of those and a 2way splitter will help a bunch. They run hot so keep them a good foot off the tops!use the back of your hand to check for heat on your plants! Have fun with it!
Adding a couple more 55w cfl tomorrow to hold me over till I get the hps. Just been playing around with some training techniques to see what works for me and having fun with it. Been out on disability for 3 months and needed something to ease my boredom. Which is also the reason for the extreme budget and prolonged setup. Hoping to get some clones off of my outdoor plants soon.

20170416 071024
20170416 071131
20170416 071130
FattyJ

FattyJ

looking good. im a crippled too trying to get my first grow, but it seems i get new challenges each day with it, laughs.. mostly my health.

here to us both getting a little smoke at the end of the tunnel.

chris.
My health is probably my biggest challenge too. That and the money to get this thing rolling. Wish you the best brother. How far into your 1st grow are you?

jipp

jipp

My health is probably my biggest challenge too. That and the money to get this thing rolling. Wish you the best brother. How far into your 1st grow are you?

just training the plants as of now.. so veg i guess. started from seed. i know that disability $ thing to well.. its not meant for getting hurt young.. that shit is for when you 70 and shit., hah.
sorry i did not get notified or i would of responded sooner.

i stop counting days long ago im afraid. but about same as you i guess in there progress.
chris.

FattyJ

FattyJ

Hey bud. It looks like you are using happy frog?not bad stuff,i used it all last year.IMO, it had a lot of organics in it,like peat.tends to get kinda swampy and never dries right? I would strongly recommend adding some vermiculite /perilite to it,either one is fine.Also Try adding dolomite lime stone,get a small bag for suface application. Helps with pH and also supplies lots of CAL/MAG,critical IMO. Try to get temps to 75 or 80 with good air flow.maybe kill exhaust to heat it up?just let a fan run in the tent for GOOD AIR FLOW!☺the plant far right in second pic looks great! They will grow new fan/sun leafs as long as they veg and only stop once you switch to 12/12 flower schedule.Dont be afriad to pull off any thay are damaged ,too big or in the way!once they get bigger this will be a weekly chore!lol. You are running 18on/6off veg light schedule i assume? Try CFLs with color temp like 5000K,6500K. I have a bunch that are 55watts! A couple of those and a 2way splitter will help a bunch. They run hot so keep them a good foot off the tops!use the back of your hand to check for heat on your plants! Have fun with it!
Added 6 23w on 2 ways, world of difference...

FattyJ

FattyJ

Oh yeah!thats better! All comes down to wattage ☺all they all the same light spectrum? Dont be afraid to mix it up a little. I have 4 different light spectrums mixed in my veg cabinet.working great atm!
Yeah, wanted 6500k but lowes didn't have them. They had 5000k but wasn't sure if they'd work, until I reread your post.

Top Bottom