1st Indoor Hydro Auto Grow

• Thread starter Durksta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Durksta

Durksta

hi im new to the I door grow I always go out side but I got bored of waiting for the season. I’ve got a little hydro set up nothing fancy with amnesia xxl auto in. I’m testing general hydroponics tetra with a 300w led with a 24hr light cycle. The led I I will upgrade to viparspectra 600w. My plant is at 3 weeks looking healthy but not gaining height vey fast. I had the led at 15cm from the head to moved to 30cm to try and stretch it but isn’t gaining height very quickly but bushing our nicely. Any one have any pointers or is my plant ok I’ve attaches a photo thé fist pic is taken 2 1/2 days before the second photo I’m only doing one plant also just to see how it goes
1st indoor hydro auto grow
1st indoor hydro auto grow 2

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
How far away your light from your plant? Could you take a photo with grow lights off i can’t see the plant clearly. They seem droopy in the second photo more than the first one at least. I don’t use a hydro setup but i think that happens when the roots can’t get sufficient oxygen.

madgrower

madgrower

hi im new to the I door grow I always go out side but I got bored of waiting for the season. I’ve got a little hydro set up nothing fancy with amnesia xxl auto in. I’m testing general hydroponics tetra with a 300w led with a 24hr light cycle. The led I I will upgrade to viparspectra 600w. My plant is at 3 weeks looking healthy but not gaining height vey fast. I had the led at 15cm from the head to moved to 30cm to try and stretch it but isn’t gaining height very quickly but bushing our nicely. Any one have any pointers or is my plant ok I’ve attaches a photo thé fist pic is taken 2 1/2 days before the second photo I’m only doing one plant also just to see how it goesView attachment 786861View attachment 786862
I'd wait it out for a bit they will probably take a growth spurt soon .ps not a Bad size

Durksta

Durksta

6731A4E7 7A7E 4FBE 8419 33F4546AB2CA
CB45E93B CE30 40EE BFAB E7062C41FB7E
2379FBEF 489D 429C B409 A6569BE35050
How far away your light from your plant? Could you take a photo with grow lights off i can’t see the plant clearly. They seem droopy in the second photo more than the first one at least. I don’t use a hydro setup but i think that happens when the roots can’t get sufficient oxygen.

Ive got thème on a continuous water cycle

Durksta

Durksta

I'd wait it out for a bit they will probably take a growth spurt soon .ps not a Bad size

From what I’ve read and looked into the nodes should be further apart there is maybe2-3mm between each if this was an outdoor grow I would be less stresssed I think

Durksta

Durksta

I don’t grow with LEDs, but i do know that they need to be 18”-24” away from the canopy. Hard to tell from the pic if you’re in that ballpark.

Its the first time I have grown with led
I did a lot of reading beforehand and with led because it is less hot than halogen etc 15 to 20 cm above the canope

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Its the first time I have grown with led
I did a lot of reading beforehand and with led because it is less hot than halogen etc 15 to 20 cm above the canope

Yeah they emit less heat but still it is too close if you are keeping them at 15 cm i keep my 320 watt leds 45-50 cm above canopy and still don’t get any excessive stretch. I think it could burn or bleach your plants even though it doesn’t get hot and if you want some healthy stretch i think you should move that light up ‘till it is about 45-50 cm away from the plant but it’s your call. The articles you read on the topic could be outdated (new leds are more powerful) or you could be confusing inches with centimeters.

Edit: plus my leds emit light at 120 degrees which means it has less penetration (your light is probably at 90 because most grow lights emit light at 60 or 90 which means more penetration and more concentrated beams) and still 50 cm’s is ideal for me.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I think it will be better at 50 cm and i noticed that droop or curling of the leaves too i think that’s because there is less than optimal dissolved oxygen in the water you are using, at least from what i read it is caused by roots not getting enough oxygen but of course if some hydro guy could chime in it would be better because i have no experience with hydro.

Durksta

Durksta

I think it will be better at 50 cm and i noticed that droop or curling of the leaves too i think that’s because there is less than optimal dissolved oxygen in the water you are using, at least from what i read it is caused by roots not getting enough oxygen but of course if some hydro guy could chime in it would be better because i have no experience with hydro.

I read this also I have the pump on 24hr I started the seed in 4x4cm rock wool I have a plug timer and I don’t know if I should be giving the plants a rest from the pump. As I’m not using a flush system and the roots are in the clay balls I thought they would always have enough oxygen

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
It is not from to much nitrogen by the way (it makes the leaves look a claw when it caused by excess nitrogen) and ph usually causes strange yellow patches on the leaves too.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Why don’t you open a new topic on hydro forum i am sure some can help you there. I grow in amended soil so i don’t have enough experience with hydro but i think people dont water continously with this kind of a system.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
You should be fine with lights above 50 cm but that drooping is caused by something else and the hydro guys could help if you ask them why are you getting that wilting. My bet is lack of oxygen.

Durksta

Durksta

You should be fine with lights above 50 cm but that drooping is caused by something else and the hydro guys could help if you ask them why are you getting that wilting. My bet is lack of oxygen.
I will do that I have an outdoor grow also will keep you in the loop seedlings just popped up. L.A confidential amnesia kush and sensi skunk

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I will do that I have an outdoor grow also will keep you in the loop seedlings just popped up. L.A confidential amnesia kush and sensi skunk

Wish i had the possibility of an outdoor grow (growing huge trees with less work than indoor). Hope they have a smooth run without any pests or diseases, they sound delicious :D

Durksta

Durksta

Wish i had the possibility of an outdoor grow (growing huge trees with less work than indoor). Hope they have a smooth run without any pests or diseases, they sound delicious :D
In the green house and I scrog to keep them down used to guérilla garden but got a house with a garden do all my veg and fruit I grow bud because I enjoy watching it grow I smoke very rarely also!

Durksta

Durksta

EEE22482 6881 4B6B A357 E1613A6F9DAD
429A8482 6B77 40E3 B652 00B147CA4BFA
Got my salade tomatoes also will be Ping the frost is still about so taking my time

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Nice garden i will be doing some tomatoes this year too but they are still indoors under lights because it is still very cold outside and i don’t have a greenhouse. Watching something grow from a little seed to a beautiful plant full of life is a joy on it’s own. I don’t smoke that much too but it’s a joy to watch them grow and i can always make tinctures or oils and keep them for years so i grow a little extra.

Latest posts

Top Bottom