1st Light Dep, Wondering About Tarp Pulling Times.

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

Hey there, thanks for reading, any input is super appreciated. This community is an awesome resource and I've really enjoyed reading people's posts. I am doing my first light dep, two 50 ft greenhouses, we've got Pie face (cherry pie x face off og), cornbread og and elmers glue going. I cloned them on Feb 22nd, and flipped them on April 25th, so today is day 16 of flower. They seem a little behind, but the greenhouses only get direct light from about 9-4:30, and it's been foggy often here. My question is, I'd like to change from closing at 7 pm and opening at 7 am to closing at 5:30 and opening at 10 or whenever, at night after it's dark and then letting them wake up with the sunrise. It seems like it will be good for mold prevention and I'm not missing out on any direct sunlight by doing it. And I'm lazy and don't like waking up at 7. I am wondering if changing from having complete darkness all night to being under natural darkness could possibly affect them in any negative way? My instinct is no, and I've talked to other people around me with more experience who say they've done this method (5:30-dark or dark- 9am) with normal successful results. But I wanted to see if I could get any more input because I'm kind of paranoid of doing anything wrong. Thanks! Here's some pictures from today as well.

1st light dep wondering about tarp pulling times
1st light dep wondering about tarp pulling times 2
1st light dep wondering about tarp pulling times 3
1st light dep wondering about tarp pulling times 4
X.rm

X.rm

Hey there, thanks for reading, any input is super appreciated. This community is an awesome resource and I've really enjoyed reading people's posts. I am doing my first light dep, two 50 ft greenhouses, we've got Pie face (cherry pie x face off og), cornbread og and elmers glue going. I cloned them on Feb 22nd, and flipped them on April 25th, so today is day 16 of flower. They seem a little behind, but the greenhouses only get direct light from about 9-4:30, and it's been foggy often here. My question is, I'd like to change from closing at 7 pm and opening at 7 am to closing at 5:30 and opening at 10 or whenever, at night after it's dark and then letting them wake up with the sunrise. It seems like it will be good for mold prevention and I'm not missing out on any direct sunlight by doing it. And I'm lazy and don't like waking up at 7. I am wondering if changing from having complete darkness all night to being under natural darkness could possibly affect them in any negative way? My instinct is no, and I've talked to other people around me with more experience who say they've done this method (5:30-dark or dark- 9am) with normal successful results. But I wanted to see if I could get any more input because I'm kind of paranoid of doing anything wrong. Thanks! Here's some pictures from today as well.
It shouldn't pose any problems, but you should make sure theres ABSOLUTELY no light pollution. Nearby light poles or even a close house. When your going to reschedule give them a 24 hr dark period and then give them 12 on. If possible you can supplement with lamps. Your hoops arent that tall so dont get double ended fixtures.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Thanks so much! I really hope it turns out well. Thanks for your help! I was worried a lot about light pollution, I live in a really rural area so no houses or streetlights. But there is a road kind of near the greenhouses, I did a test last night- had my boyfriend drive on the road with the brights to see if any light would reach the greenhouse area- it was totally fine. But I was just thinking also- if I drive my quad down there at night with the headlights on, while the tarps are on it's ok, but when they're off.. if I turn it around so it's facing away from the gh's, do you think it will be ok to turn the headlights on facing away from them.. about 50 feet away from them? haha, I feel so silly asking these super specific questions. I let this stuff keep me up at night wondering about it.

X.rm

X.rm

Thanks so much! I really hope it turns out well. Thanks for your help! I was worried a lot about light pollution, I live in a really rural area so no houses or streetlights. But there is a road kind of near the greenhouses, I did a test last night- had my boyfriend drive on the road with the brights to see if any light would reach the greenhouse area- it was totally fine. But I was just thinking also- if I drive my quad down there at night with the headlights on, while the tarps are on it's ok, but when they're off.. if I turn it around so it's facing away from the gh's, do you think it will be ok to turn the headlights on facing away from them.. about 50 feet away from them? haha, I feel so silly asking these super specific questions. I let this stuff keep me up at night wondering about it.
I know exactly what you mean, I've had many a sleepless night.. lmao... the headlights will definitely pose a problem. So dont go in with them HIGH (no pun intended) lol... theyre a bit small but i wouldn't worry theyre going to almost double by the time they're done. They are preflowering right now. Next time wait a bit to flip.. if theres a lot of fog you could run a few fluorescents to supplement during the day/light on cycle. They're cool and virtually inexpensive to run.

sorrel23

sorrel23

I know exactly what you mean, I've had many a sleepless night.. lmao... the headlights will definitely pose a problem. So dont go in with them HIGH (no pun intended) lol... theyre a bit small but i wouldn't worry theyre going to almost double by the time they're done. They are preflowering right now. Next time wait a bit to flip.. if theres a lot of fog you could run a few fluorescents to supplement during the day/light on cycle. They're cool and virtually inexpensive to run.

Darn I just took all my strings of CFLs down.. maybe I should put them back up.. I did have them up while they were in veg. And as far as the quad headlight thing.. I think I'll get a green headlamp and leave the headlights off... Thanks again :)

X.rm

X.rm

Keep posting or do a journal of your grow. The plants look really, really healthy. Nice lush green growth. It seems like you only topped once. Try spreading them n out through the trellis, trakn them so more light reaches each individual cola and light reaches the lower parts. You might want to lollipop them if they dont stretch much. Like that the energy produced will go towards tops that will produce the larger colas and buds. Not wasted on lsrf and subpar buds that didnt get much light. PEACE

X.rm

X.rm

Darn I just took all my strings of CFLs down.. maybe I should put them back up.. I did have them up while they were in veg. And as far as the quad headlight thing.. I think I'll get a green headlamp and leave the headlights off... Thanks again :)
You could just put a light filter over the headlights. Like those plastic separators for binders. CFL's like the spiral bulbs ? Not gonna do much, i would recomend 12 ft long 4 ft wide T12 or T8 comercial fixtures. Make sure to get cool or daylight ones, they emit a white/blue light. The warms are further in the kalvin range and emit a more orange/red color index appropriate for flowering.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Keep posting or do a journal of your grow. The plants look really, really healthy. Nice lush green growth. It seems like you only topped once. Try spreading them n out through the trellis, trakn them so more light reaches each individual cola and light reaches the lower parts. You might want to lollipop them if they dont stretch much. Like that the energy produced will go towards tops that will produce the larger colas and buds. Not wasted on lsrf and subpar buds that didnt get much light. PEACE

Yay thank you I'm glad you think they look good! I've been completely obsessed with them so that's good to hear. All info you're giving is really great. Very appreciative!

X.rm

X.rm

Yay thank you I'm glad you think they look good! I've been completely obsessed with them so that's good to hear. All info you're giving is really great. Very appreciative!
They're not just compliments, it'sself evident. Your growing in raised beds or individual pots? Soil ? If your in soil that could explain the slower growth well that and poor light. If @ all possible make sure your on a southern facing side. You'll get better exposure.

sorrel23

sorrel23

They're not just compliments, it'sself evident. Your growing in raised beds or individual pots? Soil ? If your in soil that could explain the slower growth well that and poor light. If @ all possible make sure your on a southern facing side. You'll get better exposure.

They're in 20 gallon bags, using royal gold basement mix and using house and garden coco A & B nutrients, supplementing cal mag every third watering. Occasionally gave fish emulsion if they looked a little light green... If I had my choice these greenhouses wouldn't even be where they are! they're like.. in a valley floor next to a huge hill with trees on it. But I'm working for someone else and they have it all dialed in so I can't move them. Wish I could though.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Just to give an update.. I switched pulling times on the 11th, and yesterday I noticed a few male flowers on the lower buds, so I'm switching back to 7 to 7. Don't know if this is what caused it, but in case it is hopefully it will help.

Top Bottom