1st Time Grow-- Help!

• Thread starter Tukiie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tukiie

Tukiie

hello, I've been growing two plants on my window sill while supplementing with 2 CFL bulbs. They are an unknown strain, found them in my mids. And decided "what the hell". I noticed the top leaves pointing down. And the 21 day old plant has a big yellow spot. It seems like a nitrogen problem not sure if The soil is too hot or if it's a deficiency...The 18 day old plant already dropped its feeder leaves. Have not received any nutrients yet. I do not pH the water... It seems like they are overwatered or there is poor draining or it's just the soil. Also wondering if you can tell the sex of the plants yet? Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated!

1st time grow   help
1st time grow   help 2
1st time grow   help 3
1st time grow   help 4
1st time grow   help 5
1st time grow   help 6
1st time grow   help 7
MW7945

MW7945

Doesn't look that bad to me I guess. You're only going to attain so much with that lighting though

Tukiie

Tukiie

Doesn't look that bad to me I guess. You're only going to attain so much with that lighting though
Thanks for the reply! I was going to grab a couple more cfl bulbs.. Would that be sufficient ?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

hello, I've been growing two plants on my window sill while supplementing with 2 CFL bulbs. They are an unknown strain, found them in my mids. And decided "what the hell". I noticed the top leaves pointing down. And the 21 day old plant has a big yellow spot. It seems like a nitrogen problem not sure if The soil is too hot or if it's a deficiency...The 18 day old plant already dropped its feeder leaves. Have not received any nutrients yet. I do not pH the water... It seems like they are overwatered or there is poor draining or it's just the soil. Also wondering if you can tell the sex of the plants yet? Any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated!
Some stretching is good depending on your method of growing. Top them and you'll want to dial in alot of light when you bloom them.

Tukiie

Tukiie

I grew both of these using only 2Ă— 45 watt CFLs mainly. Scrog method is what I reccomend.
Thanks for the reply :) At 21 days from seed is it too early to top? Or is it more beneficial during the early veg ? Your ladies look fantastic!! what nutes do you use?

MW7945

MW7945

Wouldn't recommend topping that plant. There's not much to top. Honestly, CFL's can be... ok. for veg. But, for flower you'll yield very low. 2700K would be ideal for flower, 6000-6500K for veg.

Right now it's basically not getting a whole lot of light.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Thanks for the reply :) At 21 days from seed is it too early to top? Or is it more beneficial during the early veg ? Your ladies look fantastic!! what nutes do you use?
A one-part fertilizer with supplements added. CNS17 grow and bloom and armor si. Cheap and I would recommend it for anyone.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Flowered from cfls my very first grow. I love showing off my crap cfl grows lol. I was using all purpose miracle grow and alot of it.

20170516 101739
20170522 120855
Plant 32
Tukiie

Tukiie

Wouldn't recommend topping that plant. There's not much to top. Honestly, CFL's can be... ok. for veg. But, for flower you'll yield very low. 2700K would be ideal for flower, 6000-6500K for veg.

Right now it's basically not getting a whole lot of light.
Yeah I'm definitely going to hold off on the topping for now. On Sunday I plan on purchasing more bulbs and some nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom