2.4m2 Grow Space To Utilize

• Thread starter ilikebigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ilikebigbuds

Hello people, i have a few grows under my belt and looking to maximize my 2x1.2x2 tent. Looking at a possibility of doing a scrog in canna coco pro with a+b and pk 13/4. Not had a grow in a while and no clones available so would be buying a 10 pack of feminised and taking a clone of the best of the bunch and keep as a mother in a separate smaller grow space with sufficient lighting and ventilation. The strain yet to be decided.. I usually veg with a firstly 300/600w CFL for a week or 2 then 400w mh then flower with 600w hps power plant but with this extra grow space I've no idea what would be over kill in that space for a scrog, filling the whole space.... 3 x 600w air hoods? Or 2 x 80cm vertical bulb parabolics with a fan on the canopy. I have 2x air cooled powerplants atm but I've read about how good parabolics are especially the vertical bulb version for dispersing heat sideways and upwards. I'd need to upgrade my fans as I've got a 4" and 5" rvk used for a much smaller grow. I have two variac speed controllers. For extraction I'm thinking a 12" rvk, box and insulate it of course and run it at maybe speed 1 or 2 (20/40%) anyone shed any light on running a 12" fan at a lower speed? Mainly for noise reduction. Intake I'm not sure 5" or 6" I've got a 5" already... Any thoughts on anything so far? My eyes are going together as I write this so will leave it at that for now... Any thoughts, suggestions or changes so far are most welcome as I only have experience with small grows . I'm open to all suggestions.... Want to start purchasing things asap :D

I

ilikebigbuds

metres mate lol 2m x 1.2 x 2m 24 sq/foot of floor space to decide on what to do with..... i suggested a scrgo although ive never actually done one so unsure of plants in that space suppose depends on veg but i mean 4 would fill out a screen that size in 8-10weeks? how many lights woud be suitable? im still a rookie here :(

fatawa

fatawa

Well you hav a decent plan there bro.yur def gonna hav to do some form of training unless u go s.o.g...8-10wks from bean is a moderate gues,it cud b sooner just depends on yur style and capability.

fatawa

fatawa

Do u hav a lil area to pull clones after u start these beans?just so u dnt gotta start from scatch again after this run?

I

ilikebigbuds

Do u hav a lil area to pull clones after u start these beans?just so u dnt gotta start from scatch again after this run?
yeh man i've got enough room in another small tent that will be used for mother and clones. im still in 2 minds on whether to do a big scrog or i have a good space for a decent perpetual. decisions decisions

I

ilikebigbuds

yeh id love to go perpetual but maybe should wait until i have more space. does using more plants for a scrog to reduce veg time defeat the purpose of doing a scrog? maybe better just toppings and lst'ing and let them go whilst cloning half way through flower so i have more ready to go in. im used to just growing 4-6 plants for 4 week veg and letting them go as they are but realise the benefit in bud quality/quantity in getting light to an even canopy, topping and lst'ing would allow me to get that even canopy right? or is a scrog considerably beneficial for other reasons?

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, your plan so far sounds good, I did go to the 2' high tent also, remember the US was supposed to go metric back in the seventies, we didn't progress towards that goal before it was dropped entirely.
My first scrog turned out pretty good, so not too hard, just don't try to overthink what your goal is. Good growing.

I

ilikebigbuds

yeh mate i'll remember that for next time lol. yeh overthinking is sometimes worse than just getting on with it. im now thinking a scrog in that size tent would mean vegging the few plants for aaaaaages. im now thinking of just topping and lst'ing to cut down veg and will still have the even canopy on top which is all im after really, i usually grow just normal plants with no training aand realise the quality and yield is better with a even canopy. is there much point doing a scrog with say 8 plants to shorten veg time in that size area? im not sure... any thoughts peoples... cheers dor the inpout so far though people x

Top Bottom