2 8inch Raptor Reflectors 4x8 Tent

• Thread starter Brownboi419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brownboi419

Brownboi419

As the title says I have just bought two 8 inch raptor reflectors I plan on using in my 4x8 tent. Now I have come to a issue I don’t know how to exactly hang them in the tent with how the support bars are supposed to be. If I hang them with how they are supposed to be I can not run the duct to exhaust them. Any one have any suggestions? Or can I hang them the other way?

S

stemznseedz

get creative if you have to hang a 2 x 4 to the available mounting locations and then install hooks where needed so you can properly vent your tent. without a picture of your vent locations and mounting locations, nobody can help you with precision.

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

So with the hoods this big i will have to to go 2-1000w lights rather then 3 600 since I definitely won’t be able to fit 3 in there.

Dbear180

Dbear180

So with the hoods this big i will have to to go 2-1000w lights rather then 3 600 since I definitely won’t be able to fit 3 in there.

I run se 600s in "hammerheads" (exact same as the inside of a raptor but no heavy outer frame therefore no ability to duct, they only weigh like 8 lbs :) ) & I avg 20 ozs per light.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Turn them the other way , they will both fit. It will be tight but it will work. I did the same thing before and it works. A 5x10 is a better fit but that 4x8 will work

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

Turn them the other way , they will both fit. It will be tight but it will work. I did the same thing before and it works. A 5x10 is a better fit but that 4x8 will work
Will it support the light not being on the actual support beams?or can I switch the support beams round? What’s your thoughts on the 2 1k rather then the 3 600? I was hoping I could switch the lights round lol. I was thinking of up grading to the 5x9 just never really thought about if the space was worth the upgrade

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Will it support the light not being on the actual support beams?or can I switch the support beams round? What’s your thoughts on the 2 1k rather then the 3 600? I was hoping I could switch the lights round lol. I was thinking of up grading to the 5x9 just never really thought about if the space was worth the upgrade

Yeah you need to switch the support poles is all but it works fine

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

Yeah you need to switch the support poles is all but it works fine
Sweet was hoping so and figured since it basically is broke down into two 4x4 jus didn’t know if it would be able to support it for sure or not

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

That’s a negative I can not switch beams around they do not fit

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

Cut pieces of 2x4 going to place them above the support beams and hang the reflectors the other way

Dbear180

Dbear180

You could also just wrap your extra line around the two poles up top & put both latches on the hood hanger. Like an upside down triangle... not saying it will happen but that 2x4 could slip & cause some plant boo boos.

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

You could also just wrap your extra line around the two poles up top & put both latches on the hood hanger. Like an upside down triangle... not saying it will happen but that 2x4 could slip & cause some plant boo boos.
Had thought about both of those. Just had thought if I did the triangle with the two support beams how they are it would force them to both come in toward the middle and not leaving a space?

Dbear180

Dbear180

Had thought about both of those. Just had thought if I did the triangle with the two support beams how they are it would force them to both come in toward the middle and not leaving a space?

Tape them in place a few wraps should hold it stationary.

S

stemznseedz

I'd zip tie that wood in place just so it could never slip out of place. The best way would be to drill a hole through the wood and run the zip tie through the hole then around the pole so there is no way the wood could ever slide in a way to fall off the metal poles.

Brownboi419

Brownboi419

I'd zip tie that wood in place just so it could never slip out of place. The best way would be to drill a hole through the wood and run the zip tie through the hole then around the pole so there is no way the wood could ever slide in a way to fall off the metal poles.
Thank you that is a good idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom