2 Buy Seeds Vs Produce Them

• Thread starter Sweetred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lethidox

as someone in the same boat as you except i have to pay more due to shipping which basically comes out to around $10 a seed anyways depending on strain i plan to just buy more seeds. in the end it's more expensive but at the same time i get to experiment with various strains and see what i like to grow/smoke instead of just growing the same strain over and over. nothing wrong with that it saves a lot of money im sure.

a 3rd option you can have is get together with another grower/group in your state/country/area that grows and trade. that is what my dad does. he will sacrifice buds for more seeds in this case you can probably sacrifice plants for different seeds or seeds for different seeds.

we are starting to try and seed our own plants/crossbreed strains because yes they are getting so damn expensive. even buying single beans at like $3 is expensive in the end because of shipping.

in the end it's whatever you want cheaper to seed your plants at the loss of buds better to buy seeds if you want to try new strains but more expensive. growing for me is expensive in general i live in Hawaii. nothing here is cheap only thing we get for free is rain water. some get luck with growing outdoors but not me i get about 6 hours of direct light only during winter plants grow nice if you want low yields and fast turn overs

Sweetred

Sweetred

as someone in the same boat as you except i have to pay more due to shipping which basically comes out to around $10 a seed anyways depending on strain i plan to just buy more seeds. in the end it's more expensive but at the same time i get to experiment with various strains and see what i like to grow/smoke instead of just growing the same strain over and over. nothing wrong with that it saves a lot of money im sure.

a 3rd option you can have is get together with another grower/group in your state/country/area that grows and trade. that is what my dad does. he will sacrifice buds for more seeds in this case you can probably sacrifice plants for different seeds or seeds for different seeds.

we are starting to try and seed our own plants/crossbreed strains because yes they are getting so damn expensive. even buying single beans at like $3 is expensive in the end because of shipping.

in the end it's whatever you want cheaper to seed your plants at the loss of buds better to buy seeds if you want to try new strains but more expensive. growing for me is expensive in general i live in Hawaii. nothing here is cheap only thing we get for free is rain water. some get luck with growing outdoors but not me i get about 6 hours of direct light only during winter plants grow nice if you want low yields and fast turn overs

Sweetred

Sweetred

I will just be using pollen from the same batch of seeds nothing fancy

L

Lethidox

I will just be using pollen from the same batch of seeds nothing fancy

nice my dad is trying to seed my 1st grow but i dont think it will seed. he chopped up the nuts and saved the flower so gonna see plus i know he is gonna try and pollinate it very late into flowering so i don't think it will even take the pollen.

gwheels

gwheels

Next year i am running my 2 banghi haze in a tent. Hope i get a male so i can try chucking beans I have enough tents i can let a male grow by itself.
I only have 2 packs of regular seeds.
Northern Lights (10)
Banghi Haze (2)

I would love to have a male Banghi Haze so I can try making seeds with my other fems.
I bet they turn out females :D lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
nice my dad is trying to seed my 1st grow but i dont think it will seed. he chopped up the nuts and saved the flower so gonna see plus i know he is gonna try and pollinate it very late into flowering so i don't think it will even take the pollen.

Sounds like your dad is trying to ruin your grow. I’d tell him to start his own if he’s going to half ass it. There’s plenty of pollen chucking threads on here if you want to do it right. But nothing about what he proposes is correct.

gwheels

gwheels

out of curiosity what would be a good read to understand the influence the pollen has over the female?

Latest posts

Top Bottom