2 Ft Clones In 1gal Promix - Transplant To Hydro?

• Thread starter Greengrower8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greengrower8

Just as title says:
Is it possible to transplant 2 ft clones growing in 1 gal pots of promix to a DWC system?? Just shake the dirt off the roots a bit and pop them in the baskets and fill in with hydroton? This is what I’ve done before with clones in soil/coco, but they’ve never been this big.
Otherwise I gotta research growing in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I’m not exactly sure how to manage nutrient levels and deal with run off, etc. But maybe I can just drop em in my hydro baskets?

Thanks guys!!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Why not just take more clones? Root them and do DWC from the get go. Otherwise it would be pretty risky imo. Never tried it but I’d want back ups just in case things go south.

Reactions: DTG
G

Greengrower8

That is an interesting idea. I have a cloner. But I’m trying to get some advanced plants that match the ones I already have at around 16”. It will be a month at least till new clones are that height.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Do both. Then if it doesn’t work out you have backups.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Just as title says:
Is it possible to transplant 2 ft clones growing in 1 gal pots of promix to a DWC system?? Just shake the dirt off the roots a bit and pop them in the baskets and fill in with hydroton? This is what I’ve done before with clones in soil/coco, but they’ve never been this big.
Otherwise I gotta research growing in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. I’m not exactly sure how to manage nutrient levels and deal with run off, etc. But maybe I can just drop em in my hydro baskets?

Thanks guys!!
Did it work with the 2ft clone??

G

Greengrower8

They went to 12/12 under HPSs a week after transplant.

Top Bottom